ADVERTISEMENT

Post Spring roster management

Speculating who comes and goes is a fools errand at this point. I guess if one guesses enough times, they are bound to be right eventually.

I guess I would ask, when are the player/coach meetings happening? Kansas held their spring game on the same day and at last count, have had 8 players since enter the portal. Dead week I believe starts May 2nd and I would guess discussions take place before then.

I guess I would ask, when are the player/coach meetings happening? Kansas held their spring game on the same day and at last count, have had 8 players since enter the portal. Dead week I believe starts May 2nd and I would guess discussions take place before then.
I believe they're underway but not yet finished. But as Sean explained, they have to enter the portal by May 1 if they want to be immediately eligible for the Fall so the exodus will be upon us very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3fingershomer
There is quite a bit of talent in portal looking for a fresh start ( offensive and defensive linemen) that would definitely be an upgrade to what’s here now..
hopefully recruiting is in full force!

Reactions: BleedRed78
There is quite a bit of talent in portal looking for a fresh start ( offensive and defensive linemen) that would definitely be an upgrade to what’s here now..
Actually saw elsewhere that there is not enough strong talent in the portal to cover all of the openings that teams across the country have. Teams have largely ignored the JUCO ranks and will have to go back to that to fill spots.

Definition of "talent" would be helpful. Some of this depends on how desperate teams are to fill positions of need. I have questioned whether there is the level of starting talent in the portal overall. Might be some highly rated players but have they played enough to establish themselves? There is a reason they are leaving their current schools.

I recall Nebraska picked up a couple of highly rated DBs and neither has found the field to date.

Definition of "talent" would be helpful. Some of this depends on how desperate teams are to fill positions of need. I have questioned whether there is the level of starting talent in the portal overall. Might be some highly rated players but have they played enough to establish themselves? There is a reason they are leaving their current schools.

I recall Nebraska picked up a couple of highly rated DBs and neither has found the field to date.
Fisher takes every opportunity to recruit over his players and as a result you don’t hear much concern about the DBs.

Fisher takes every opportunity to recruit over his players and as a result you don’t hear much concern about the DBs.
So what does that mean? Use it all you want but how many different DBs have started in his time at Nebraska? If you look who has played, that does appear to be true?

So what does that mean? Use it all you want but how many different DBs have started in his time at Nebraska? If you look who has played, that does appear to be true?
Hill and Singleton are new guys and are in the mix to start.

Actually saw elsewhere that there is not enough strong talent in the portal to cover all of the openings that teams across the country have. Teams have largely ignored the JUCO ranks and will have to go back to that to fill spots.

Not sure what constitutes string talent but there have been over 2,500 entries into the portal since August and a lot of kids aren't finding a new home. IMO, players are far too anxious to jump into the portal and it is overflowing right now. I think this will correct itself someday, but right now there are a lot of kids looking for a home late in the game.

Reactions: HominidHusker
Not sure what constitutes string talent but there have been over 2,500 entries into the portal since August and a lot of kids aren't finding a new home. IMO, players are far too anxious to jump into the portal and it is overflowing right now. I think this will correct itself someday, but right now there are a lot of kids looking for a home late in the game.

That's kinda my point. There are more "openings" for contributing players than there are players with the talent to fill those openings. Thus, lots of portal transfers are not finding homes. Teams aren't going to waste scholarships/spots on players that aren't going to have an impact.

Hill and Singleton are new guys and are in the mix to start.
By coach speak, everyone is "in the mix." Going off memory, what have we had, like 3 DBs in 4 years and the same safeties must be ready for social security.

Got the kid from tOSU and KS JC who were supposed to be all world, nothing. I must be forgetting someone but we don't appear to bring in the talent you suggest to unseat the regulars and it isn't like they were all league players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT