ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Starting Pitcher Friday

50pack

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
I think it would set us up best to pitch Hohensee on Friday and save Burkamper and Meyers for Oregon State.

Yale's Friday Pitcher: Scott Politz - GS: 12 - Record: 10-2 - ERA: 3.47 - 1 Complete Game
Politz has been pretty good, but has completely lost it in his two losses and in one win:

@ Clemson (L) - 7 innings - 11 hits - 8 runs - 7 earned runs - ERA: 9.00 - 2 BB - 4 Ks - 2 HRs
@ Wofford (W) - 7.1 innings - 10 hits - 6 runs - 6 earned runs - ERA: 7.36 - 1 BB - 10 Ks - 1 HR
vs. Brown (L) - 4.2 innings - 9 hits - 8 runs - 8 earned runs - ERA: 15.43 - 0 BB - 5 Ks - 2 HRs

In all other games he has solid starts.

Last three starts:
Apr. 29 vs. Brown (L) - 4.2 innings - 9 hits - 8 runs - 8 earned runs - ERA: 15.43 - 0 BB - 5 Ks - 2 HRs
May 16 vs. Penn (W) - 9 innings - 5 hits - 0 runs - 0 earned runs - ERA: 0.00 - 2 BBs - 5 Ks - 0 HRs
May 27 @ Holy Cross - 6 innings - 4 hits - 1 run - 1 earned run - ERA: 1.50 - 2 BBs - 7 Ks - 0 HRs

Yale has played only 5 games in May and he pitched in two of them. I believe he will pitch on Friday and he does have some good stuff. Let's hope our offense can attack him like Clemson, Wofford and Brown did.

Both Burkamper and Meyers give us a chance against Oregon State. Both have been pitching well to end the year.

Yale's team batting average is .291. With 8 batters with an average over .300.

Last edited:
How does Yale have a RPI comparable to ours? They were 0-2 against Clemson who has a 13th ranked RPI but they didn't play another team with an RPI under 120. Also played 6 teams with an RPI over 200. Similar record as Nebraska though but that is about it. They were 16-12 on the road which is a lot of road games so that could be the only reason they have a higher RPI which in my opinion kind of discredits the RPI a bit.

How does Yale have a RPI comparable to ours? They were 0-2 against Clemson who has a 13th ranked RPI but they didn't play another team with an RPI under 120. Also played 6 teams with an RPI over 200. Similar record as Nebraska though but that is about it. They were 16-12 on the road which is a lot of road games so that could be the only reason they have a higher RPI which in my opinion kind of discredits the RPI a bit.

I was surprised to see their RPI beingso high also. It must be road games, because their opponents have not been stellar.

I think you have to pitch Meyers against Oregon State if you make it past Yale. I look at the guy who is the most composed and consistent and to be honest, Hohensee and Burkamper are far from that this year.

Reactions: saluno22
I say Burkamper Friday. Meyers Saturday. Hohensee. I bet Meyers would love too pitch to those guys again. Isn't that his only loss?

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I was surprised to see their RPI beingso high also. It must be road games, because their opponents have not been stellar.
Yale racked up a lot of wins against the Ivy League and Holy Cross, going 23-5. The Bulldogs were 9-11 against everyone else. And everyone else didn't really include any good teams outside of two games with Clemson. Clemson won both. I would say finishing anything worse than second in this regional would be quite embarrassing.

Reactions: donahues17
Hohensee has struggled early. I'd pitch him on Friday afternoon and save Burkamper for hopefully Holy Cross in the winners bracket. That would be awesome. Not even remotely close to likely but awesome.

I say Burkamper Friday. Meyers Saturday. Hohensee. I bet Meyers would love too pitch to those guys again. Isn't that his only loss?
0cf2a1548c7caeea095749b71e42f76422af0e5d4b4e3667715b8126f2a8fc4f.jpg

Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT