ADVERTISEMENT

Positives From Yesterday

No. It's funny that you thought that was a smart response.

The choice is between a so-so win over Ohio State or a noble loss to Ohio State. Between a so-so win over South Dakota St or a noble loss to South Dakota St.

You don't get to switch up teams in my hypothetical.

The choice is between a so-so win over Ohio State or a noble loss to Ohio State. Between a so-so win over South Dakota St or a noble loss to South Dakota St.

You don't get to switch up teams in my hypothetical.
So, you thought it worthwhile to post the hot take that it is always better to beat a team than to lose to that team.

It was a 1 score game to begin the 4th Qtr. For a team that has problems eeking out a W in close games that victory had to feel good for the players and it was good to see as a fan.

I don't care who the opponent is, sometimes you just find yourself in a dogfight.

7 game losing streak ended, so you got that going for ya
Sincerely,
Carl Spackler

I thought Nelson started coming back into form. Great strip sack, lots of other pressures. From the posts on this board last week I figured he may as well just quit because most of you said he was a dogshit player

The Offensive line is close. In every bad play they had it came down to one guy messing up. That's easier to fix than the mess we had last year. They started figuring it out in the 2nd half. Would not be shocked if there is a big jump by the time Oklahoma shows up.

WR's are looking really good. Gotta find ways to get Palmer the ball at least once a drive. RB is looking incredibly good. Grant has a great jum jump cut and the double cut is filthy. You could see Allen flash on film but I did not expect he would be the 2 back this quickly. Possibly because I expected more from Yant and Ervin.

Thompson is the best QB at Nebraska in nearly 30 years but he gets a little shaky after a few big hits. But damn. I know the kid came here because the plays in Frost's system would allow him to show off his skills on the ground as well as through the air but I didn't know he could move like that. Not that he has anywhere near breakaway speed but it's plenty dangerous for a guy who has his arm.

Now the awful.

As close as the OLine is technically, they got no push against a defensive line until the 2nd half against a line they should have been pushing 2 yards back from the first snap.

The entire defense. Seriously. Bad reads, worse reactions, slow, can't tackle and have no clue how to get off a block. And even worse, the complete lack of ability to get off the field is the single biggest reason this team looks as bad as it does and a massive crutch to what is becoming a formidable offense.

Speaking of the defense, these linebacker and edge groups have been flat out terrible. They better get it fixed immediately or go back to the stuff they did last year because if they don't, their head man won't be here in a few weeks.

Special teams is still bad. Not awful but bad. Zero lane or block discipline means awful to non existent return game. Kicking may just be early year jitters, or not.

Coaching decisions, press conference stupidity and a complete lack of ability to adapt.

This team might actually be a top 25 quality team at the end of the year but won't have close to a top 20 record. But it is irrelevant to what they look like in 3 months. It matters if they can win games now and against anyone who is in even close to the same talent pool, he hasn't shown it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT