ADVERTISEMENT

POS Holtz receives a worthless award...

If you've read Jason Peter's book it should anger you too. Just listening to that geriatric piece of slime grinds my gears.
I am impressed with Lou and what he has accomplished. I will never forget being at the 1997 Season bowl game and hearing Lou plug hard for Nebraska over Michigan because "everyone knows what would happen if the two teams played" or something to that effect.

If you've read Jason Peter's book it should anger you too. Just listening to that geriatric piece of slime grinds my gears.

Not a huge Holtz fan, but there's always at least two sides to every story. Besides, after reading Peter's book and listening to him over the years, I don't know that I'd describe him as a stable and reliable source.

Politics have taken over how we view nearly everything these days. It’s disappointing and sad.

Used to be: He’s a great guy of strong character.

Turned into: He’s a good guy except he’s a (insert party affiliation)

Now simply: He’s a POS.

And I’m not talking about Holtz. I’m talking about how people view the world.

His treatment of Damien Peter after he had no use for him because of the pool incident that put him in the hospital. Coach Osborne visited Damien in the hospital and Holtz who was his actual coach couldnt be bothered to do so.

thanks for the info.

I am impressed with Lou and what he has accomplished. I will never forget being at the 1997 Season bowl game and hearing Lou plug hard for Nebraska over Michigan because "everyone knows what would happen if the two teams played" or something to that effect.

I agree. He turned Notre Dame into a tough, hard-nosed team that won a NC and came close to winning a few more. After he left things went downhill fast. I respected him for churning out disciplined players and the culture he instilled. He was a character and it's hard to listen to him talk now, but I don't dislike the guy at all.

I remember him retelling a story about when he was hired and the guy who did the hire told him that nobody at that school could make more than the head priest (forget the official title or the name) and he followed it up with "and he took a vow of poverty".

Politics have taken over how we view nearly everything these days. It’s disappointing and sad.

While politics certainly plays a part these - likely a big part, it seems like the attitudes have changed over the years. We used to remember people by their best traits and best moments. For some reason, now all anyone wants to do is force us to remember people by their worst moments. Sad.

I agree with you for the most part. A guy like Holtz though, he firmly inserted himself into politics, didn't he? So I doubt if he's sweating anyone judging him based on his politics, he asked for it.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is a big deal and we all aren't going to like everyone who has received one. Same with Nobel.

Lou Holtz had a meager beginning in life and became a role model for many young people and a terrific public speaker.

For me I don't place much stock in anything Jason Peter wants to express. I appreciate his dedication while playing for Nebraska as he was a very good player.

Reactions: BetterRed
gave a very strong endorsement to Trump's re-election, then Bam, Trump gives him this award.
Demeans this medal. Didn't windbag Limbaugh just receive the same medal. Sure starting to
mean a lot.....Who's next?

Yeah, I think Trump probably would endorse his own re-election. Be kind of weird if he gave himself a medal, though..

If you're talking about him giving a medal to Holtz, there's already a thread about that.

gave a very strong endorsement to Trump's re-election, then Bam, Trump gives him this award.
Demeans this medal. Didn't windbag Limbaugh just receive the same medal. Sure starting to
mean a lot.....Who's next?
I'm sure Trump endorsed himself. Such a huge surprise. Laughing

tenor.gif

While politics certainly plays a part these - likely a big part, it seems like the attitudes have changed over the years. We used to remember people by their best traits and best moments. For some reason, now all anyone wants to do is force us to remember people by their worst moments. Sad.
Curious to know your thoughts on Michael Jackson or the Reichstierschutzgesetz in Nazi Germany.

I think Obama gave Biden the medal as well. ND had to come out with a statement publicly distancing itself from Holtz after his remarks last week.

I agree. He turned Notre Dame into a tough, hard-nosed team that won a NC and came close to winning a few more. After he left things went downhill fast. I respected him for churning out disciplined players and the culture he instilled. He was a character and it's hard to listen to him talk now, but I don't dislike the guy at all.

I hate ND still today cause of him. They were tough af.

Trump hands out pardons and medals like participation trophies for youth sports.

What specifically makes Holtz a POS to you? Is it that you don't like his personality, his politics or that he once coached Notre Dame? Just curious why you have such hatred for someone who had a well recognized coaching career.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT