ADVERTISEMENT

Portal TE from LSU is N!! Eligible to play this year

...but under my proposal they can transfer. Just not unlimited with no consequences...and we don't have the data because it's a recent development that kids can come and go, and are doing it.

You are also comparing adults and tbeir careers to kids. Apples to oranges.

In the immortal words of one of the smartest women ever ".....young people are stupid...."

Kamala
I get it, I just don't understand why they need a "consequence" for transferring a second time.

No one seems to have a good explanation for that.

And when are they an "adult" 18? 22?

...the worst thing you can give a kid is whatever they want, whenever they want it. IMO....YMMV
I do agree with that but this is not "giving" the kid something. They earned it. Most people have no idea what it takes to get a D1 ride. I coached football for 20 years and have had 1 kid earn a full ride for FB. Trust me, it was not "given" to him, he earned it.

What does it matter how other sports function?

Their NIL deals are their business. When they leave they might not be getting the money still, or maybe some are still paid out but either way, why is that in issue?

You say they can't have it both ways but they can and they do.

Even in the pros, you can sign one year contacts over and over and leave each season for a better offer. Is that wrong?
They only have it both ways right now because the legal system made rulings allowing it and there are on going cases that will continue to shape the landscape. They can’t and won’t always have it about them. The institutions and the sport have a right to protect their own interests as well. They just haven’t put forth rules to regulate this because it’s up in the air what they will legally be allowed to do. This will continue to change and these days of it being the Wild West will end. It’s not a matter of if, just when.

This argument of “only the players and their interest matters” is so misguided. After people like Phil knight buy their national championship, they’ll get tired of throwing money at single year players and everyone will lose interest. In order for this to be sustainable for the long term, the interests of the sport have to be given equal value as those of the players, which is not happening right now

Last edited:
I get it, I just don't understand why they need a "consequence" for transferring a second time.

You really seem to love to stand behind the “but tell me why” argument. That’s so vague and you simply move the goal posts or disregard any argument. You fail to recognize and give credence to the current system may have real issues that need to be worked out. A stance that nearly everyone (include conference commissioners, university presidents, AD’s and coaches) agree with.

This conversation reminds me of the Louis ck skit “why”. Great bit and pretty relevant here

...but I did tell you, you just didn't like it, or agree with it. Boiled down, I don't think it should be so easy to go back on your word with no consequences because quitting is a easy habit to start and a hard habit ro break and leads to less successful adulting.

...but I did tell you, you just didn't like it, or agree with it. Boiled down, I don't think it should be so easy to go back on your word with no consequences because quitting is a easy habit to start and a hard habit ro break and leads to less successful adulting.
Why is it quitting?

Why is leaving at the end of the season quitting?

You get 4-5 years to play, then it is over. Why would you not want the best chance possible?

You really seem to love to stand behind the “but tell me why” argument. That’s so vague and you simply move the goal posts or disregard any argument. You fail to recognize and give credence to the current system may have real issues that need to be worked out. A stance that nearly everyone (include conference commissioners, university presidents, AD’s and coaches) agree with.

This conversation reminds me of the Louis ck skit “why”. Great bit and pretty relevant here
It is not vague.

Of course all those people want it changed...it is a pain in the ass for them!

But why do you want to take away opportunity for people? Most players do not transfer and even fewer transfer two or more times. It is a tiny %.

It is not vague.

Of course all those people want it changed...it is a pain in the ass for them!

But why do you want to take away opportunity for people? Most players do not transfer and even fewer transfer two or more times. It is a tiny %.
It is vague. You haven’t defined the criteria of how to meet your expectation. Everyone is telling you why. You just disregard or refuse to acknowledge it and then say “why?”. It’s not a real argument.

It’s not taking away an opportunity to say that the sport will benefit from more regulation. Pro players sign contracts all the time. If college players want paid, the should do the same. If they negotiate a one year deal then fine but then at least both sides know the game. Near full roster turnover every year is bad for the sport

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT