ADVERTISEMENT

Portal QB's

I totally agree with this. Rambo, who is busy crapping on everything Nebraska as his main hobby, is arguing stridently that no player in his right mind would choose to play for Nebraska over NDSU. Which, if you follow that logic, means that every guy who just signed with us would RATHER play for NDSU if only they'd gotten an offer from the Bison. And... that's just dumb. But hey, if I'm gonna spend time debunking every dumb thing Rambo says I'll have to quit my job. So I'll move on.
I'm not sure that's exactly what he's saying but no doubt the thought of starting at NDSU in a more pro-style offense maybe early versus riding the pine at NU to play in a spread option offense is probably a pretty good selling point for a QB. Good heavens, their record at putting QBs in the NFL sure doesn't hurt. I'm not sure that will continue with the staff turnover they had recently but we'll see.

I don't blame kids for honoring a commitment to a school who has been recruiting them for months. I'm sure there's some ego that goes with the decisions kids make and it was clear that Payton was a backup plan for Frost. He'll likely play early at NDSU and probably would have sat for at least 3 years at NU.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I'm not sure that's exactly what he's saying but no doubt the thought of starting at NDSU in a more pro-style offense maybe early versus riding the pine at NU to play in a spread option offense is probably a pretty good selling point for a QB. Good heavens, their record at putting QBs in the NFL sure doesn't hurt. I'm not sure that will continue with the staff turnover they had recently but we'll see.

I don't blame kids for honoring a commitment to a school who has been recruiting them for months. I'm sure there's some ego that goes with the decisions kids make and it was clear that Payton was a backup plan for Frost. He'll likely play early at NDSU and probably would have sat for at least 3 years at NU.
you're right, he probably would have sat for 3 years at NU

despite being the best QB on the team the second he set foot on campus

you're right, he probably would have sat for 3 years at NU

despite being the best QB on the team the second he set foot on campus
that's a little cynical don't you think? I think Frost is desperate to win and if he thought Payton was the best QB on campus, he would have played. JMO.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
and who in their right mind would choose to play for this shitty program over NDSU?
How did I twist your words? At least have the spine to stand by what you said. I know that you were engaging in hyperbole and didn't literally mean what you said. But if you're going to throw Nebraska in the gutter with every post expect push back once in awhile.

How did I twist your words? At least have the spine to stand by what you said. I know that you were engaging in hyperbole and didn't literally mean what you said. But if you're going to throw Nebraska in the gutter with every post expect push back once in awhile.
me: How can you say nobody would want to play for NDSU over NU when literally that’s exactly what Payton is choosing to do??

you: Rambo, who is busy crapping on everything Nebraska as his main hobby, is arguing stridently that no player in his right mind would choose to play for Nebraska over NDSU. Which, if you follow that logic, means that every guy who just signed with us would RATHER play for NDSU if only they'd gotten an offer from the Bison.

I, of course, never argued such a thing. I simply stated the best quarterback in the state was offered by frost to play quarterback (a fact), and he said no thank you.

you then went on a childish rant that's clearly been building for some time, putting words in my mouth left and right.

if you don't like the truth (what I post) about NU, perhaps your head belongs in your anus until further notice?

me: How can you say nobody would want to play for NDSU over NU when literally that’s exactly what Payton is choosing to do??

you: Rambo, who is busy crapping on everything Nebraska as his main hobby, is arguing stridently that no player in his right mind would choose to play for Nebraska over NDSU. Which, if you follow that logic, means that every guy who just signed with us would RATHER play for NDSU if only they'd gotten an offer from the Bison.

I, of course, never argued such a thing. I simply stated the best quarterback in the state was offered by frost to play quarterback (a fact), and he said no thank you.

you then went on a childish rant that's clearly been building for some time, putting words in my mouth left and right.

if you don't like the truth (what I post) about NU, perhaps your head belongs in your anus until further notice?
Whether I like what you wrote has nothing to do with it. It's simply false. Stop deflecting, your insults don't bother me. You're actually pretty pathetic considering you had to change your user name because you got kicked off for rants when you were a giant Frost/Martinez defender. Grow a spine Top Gun.

Whether I like what you wrote has nothing to do with it. It's simply false. Stop deflecting, your insults don't bother me. You're actually pretty pathetic considering you had to change your user name because you got kicked off for rants when you were a giant Frost/Martinez defender. Grow a spine Top Gun.
what's false? and how am I not standing by my statements?

Payton told frost to pound sand when he offered him, opting to go play for NDSU.

you claim nobody would ever do such a thing.

show your work. I'm listening.

what's false? and how am I not standing by my statements?

Payton told frost to pound sand when he offered him, opting to go play for NDSU.

you claim nobody would ever do such a thing.

show your work. I'm listening.
What's false is that no player in his right mind would choose our "shitty program" over NDSU." You've tried to make it all about Payton when your original blanket statement was that no player in his right mind would choose Nebraska over NDSU. So you're deflecting and arguing like a toddler instead of just saying that your exaggeration isn't true and moving on.

that's a little cynical don't you think? I think Frost is desperate to win and if he thought Payton was the best QB on campus, he would have played. JMO.

He's lost it. Despite the fact that Martinez was benched last season, he is claiming Frost will never bench him. Cray talk.

What's false is that no player in his right mind would choose our "shitty program" over NDSU." You've tried to make it all about Payton when your original blanket statement was that no player in his right mind would choose Nebraska over NDSU. So you're deflecting and arguing like a toddler instead of just saying that your exaggeration isn't true and moving on.
that was in response to your post, specifically about Payton.

I'm curious if we have anyone in this class who also had NDSU offers? if not, that's 100% of guys who have chosen them over us.

He's lost it. Despite the fact that Martinez was benched last season, he is claiming Frost will never bench him. Cray talk.
I simply said frost is unwilling to give anyone else the rope he's given AM, despite his only marginally better play after 27 starts vs 2.

yep, I've lost it. what a wildly incorrect statement.

I simply said frost is unwilling to give anyone else the rope he's given AM, despite his only marginally better play after 27 starts vs 2.

yep, I've lost it. what a wildly incorrect statement.
Those guys will never understand.

I get it, just like you do.

Unfortunately, trying to convince them is a waste of your energy.

quick note:

when the word 'if' is necessary to add in order to prove a point, it's probably a bad point.

hope this helps in future posts!
Take away the "if" statement and the only thing that changes is his TD:INT ratio jumps up to an impressive 1:6. Does that somehow make you right?

Payton made the correct move. So did Stick. If you're a high school recruit watching NU's QB play, you're asking yourself, "WTH are they doing down there? This is terrible. No way I want any part of that."

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Levis IMO is the best QB in the portal and should be exactly what we go after. Built with the size to run the way Frost likes and has the arm for down field throws.
I expect him to stay on the east coast. Rutgers would be a good fit for him among others. I'm not sure why he's bailing out on PSU so early. I'm sure he's looking to be an immediate starter without legitimate competition for the job.

I expect him to stay on the east coast. Rutgers would be a good fit for him among others. I'm not sure why he's bailing out on PSU so early. I'm sure he's looking to be an immediate starter without legitimate competition for the job.

His situation is very similar to LM’s. He took over the QB spot for a brief time and then Clifford got it back. Hard on the pride.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT