ADVERTISEMENT

Porcher no longer committed

I think it's a bit deceptive he did it pretty much day 1 of the "no contact period".

If the expectations have fallen to the point that we want the "success" that Iowa has. Then we don't need to spend the millions on coaches, recruiting, facilities etc. paint the visiting locker room pink and call it a day.

The university and fanbase already have that level of expectation with the men's basketball program.

We can all put our everything behind the volleyball and bowling teams.
May as well drop to JV

If the expectations have fallen to the point that we want the "success" that Iowa has. Then we don't need to spend the millions on coaches, recruiting, facilities etc. paint the visiting locker room pink and call it a day.

The university and fanbase already have that level of expectation with the men's basketball program.

We can all put our everything behind the volleyball and bowling teams.

The only expectation this message board has is that Riley be given 7 years.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
The only expectation this message board has is that Riley be given 7 years.

I have not seen that. I am willing to give him another 2 years to get to the point we are competitive against, and included in the list of, the top teams in the league.

If we are still losing by 30 points to 8-4 teams, then all bets are off.

Last edited:
I have not seen that. I am willing to give him another 2 years to get to the point we are competetive against, and included in the list of, the top teams in the league.

I wonder if the leash would be so long if Riley weren't such an agreeable person to see on tv. Even after a loss, I want to go talk to him about my reitirement and student loan payments.

I wonder if the leash would be so long if Riley weren't such an agreeable person to see on tv. Even after a loss, I want to go talk to him about my reitirement and student loan payments.

Kind of crazy some are willing to give him four years, but want Miles gone now [year five].

Waiting till signing day to inform the coaches, especially when ones been committed for as long as he has, would be screwing over the coaches. Big time.

Thankfully the kid didn't take his dad's advice and made it known now. At least the staff has some time to get someone else.
I get the impression that his dad wants him at NU and he figured that if he got him to delay his decision that he would stick. JMHO but I'm taking the high road.

I didn't ask for your opinion, nor do I care for it. You're the tough internet guy coming at me, Prius style.
I really don't care if you care, Napoleon. I didn't even quote you (that was Tuco, [wait, would you prefer I use brackets, because you're an idiot and proud of it?] not you), so for you to then quote me (having responded to a completely, different poster's post), to say "I'm coming at" you is asinine.

I don't even know what to say about the Prius comment - suffice to say I do not drive one.

I really don't care if you care, Napoleon. I didn't even quote you (that was Tuco, [wait, would you prefer I use brackets, because you're an idiot and proud of it?] not you), so for you to then quote me (having responded to a completely, different poster's post), to say "I'm coming at" you is asinine.

I don't even know what to say about the Prius comment - suffice to say I do not drive one.

Name calling, that didn't take long [32 minutes]. Obviously you care, you're still quoting and responding without even understanding the original response. There's a similarity between what you said about Riley, and what many say about Miles. But, you don't understand the basic comparison. Or, you do but choose not to, for a reason.

Kind of crazy some are willing to give him four years, but want Miles gone now [year five].

I said 4 years to be competitive with and included in the conversation of best in the league. Best I can tell Miles is still wallowing around at the bottom of the league standings.

What you are doing is akin to someone, in year 5 of Riley's tenure, having been 6-7 the 2 previous years saying we need to keep him around because in year 2 we won 7 games in a row to start the season and finished 9-4 or 10-3.

So best I can tell, I am asking the same treatment for Miles as I am for Riley.

Last edited:
I said 4 years to be competetive with and included in the conversation of best in the league.

What you are doing is akin to someone, in year 5 of Riley's tenure, having been 6-7 the 2 previous years saying we need to keep him around because in year 2 we won 7 games in a row to start the season and finished 9-4 or 10-3.

So best I can tell, I am asking the same treatment for Miles as I am for Riley.

I didn't ask you for an explanation, nor do I care for one.

What I am doing is enjoying the hypocrisy of people that have the same "treatment" for the football and basketball coach. At Nebraska.

Name calling, that didn't take long [32 minutes]. Obviously you care, you're still quoting and responding without even understanding the original response. There's a similarity between what you said about Riley, and what many say about Miles. But, you can't understand that basic comparison. Or, you can but choose not to.
Not going to address my point(s), and simply resort to the ol' "name-callin'" thing? Pretty much what I would expect from you.

And for you, you of all posters, to refer to anyone here as an internet tough guy? RollingLaugh

I really do think you're an idiot. If that offends you, I'm sorry. You don't have to take what I type and subsequently submit online as fact. "Or, you can but choose not to." Whatever that means.

I didn't ask you for an explanation, nor do I care for one.

What I am doing is enjoying the hypocrisy of people that have the same expectations for the football and basketball coach. At Nebraska.

Hypocrisy? Might want to take a trip over to Webster's online dictionary.

Holding two people equally accountable would be the furthest thing from hypocritical.

Not going to address my point(s), and simply resort to the ol' "name-callin'" thing? Pretty much what I would expect from you.

And for you, you of all posters, to refer to anyone here as an internet tough guy? RollingLaugh

I really do think you're an idiot. If that offends you, I'm sorry. You don't have to take what I type and subsequently submit online as fact. "Or, you can but choose not to." Whatever that means.

I did, you once again choose not to read it. Or understand it. Or do anything.

It doesn't offend me, I enjoy reading tough guys on the internet calling others names. That shows a very high level of maturity, and intelligence [sarcasm since you struggle to understand].

Hypocrisy? Might want to take a trip over to Webster's online dictionary.

Holding two people equally accountable would be the furthest thing from hypocritical.

Kind of like "competetive", but I used the wrong word, so I look forward to seeing you at Webster's online dictionary. Guilty as charged.

I did, you once again choose not to read it. Or understand it. Or do anything.

It doesn't offend me, I enjoy reading tough guys on the internet calling others names. That shows a very high level of maturity, and intelligence [sarcasm since you struggle to understand].
I've read all of your verbal diarrhea. Many times.

Regarding that diarrhea, in none of your responses to me did you ever ask a question, or provide any thoughts which would elicit a response. You made an initial passive-aggressive statement/reply to me (I wasn't even responding to you), and now? Now, you're spreading your garbage/diarrhea all over this thread. Accusing people of "coming at" you. When no one even replied to you in the first place.

Are you a history fan? If so, I would encourage you to read up on the Salem Witch Trials. And (as if you weren't already a fan), a wee-bit-more of Joseph McCarthy. I suppose I should've also clarified whether you read books.

I've read all of your verbal diarrhea. Many times.

Regarding that diarrhea, in none of your responses to me did you ever ask a question, or provide any thoughts which would elicit a response. You made an initial passive-aggressive statement/reply to me (I wasn't even responding to you), and now? Now, you're spreading your garbage/diarrhea all over this thread. Accusing people of "coming at" you. When no one even replied to you in the first place.

Are you a history fan? If so, I would encourage you to read up on the Salem Witch Trials. And (as if you weren't already a fan), a wee-bit-more of Joseph McCarthy. I suppose I should've also clarified whether you read books.

Cute, more insults. Your level of maturity is at an all-time high.

There was nothing''passive-aggressive" about my statement. One doesn't have to ask a question, or provide anything in anticipation of a response. If I expected a response, I would've stated something differently. One can make a statement, just to make a statement, which is exactly what I did. I didn't accuse people [more than one], I accused a person [you]. And your continued responses confirm what I stated long ago.
I encourage you to read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Or, ask someone else to read it to you.

Cute, more insults. Your level of maturity is at an all-time high.

There was nothing''passive-aggressive" about my statement. One doesn't have to ask a question, or provide anything in anticipation of a response. If I expected a response, I would've stated something differently. One can make a statement, just to make a statement, which is exactly what I did. I didn't accuse people [more than one], I accused a person [you]. And your continued responses confirm what I stated long ago.
I encourage you to read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Or, ask someone else to read it to you.
I'm sorry. I just have to laugh.

Edit - And if you have kids (please no), teach them the difference between brackets and parentheses (and proper usage for each). It will only help them in the future.

I'm sorry. I just have to laugh.

Edit - And if you have kids (please no), teach them the difference between brackets and parentheses (and proper usage for each). It will only help them in the future.

That makes two of us.

No edit - I have three beautiful children and they're doing quite well. Just like their parents, they will do what they want, when they want.

That makes two of us.

No edit - I have three beautiful children and they're doing quite well. Just like their parents, they will do what they want, when they want.
Three beautiful children who do what they want. When they want.

And, most importantly, they will know how to shoot empty beer cans off a fencepost from 50 yards. Because daddy's drunk, kids.

Last edited:
I have not seen that. I am willing to give him another 2 years to get to the point we are competitive against, and included in the list of, the top teams in the league.

This. I think four years is long enough to see if he can return us to championship form. If by then he is still going 9-4 and losing to Iowa by 30 then at that point you would have to conclude it is just more of the same old mediocrity.
As for Miles? Nice guy. Good personality. He should be fired at the end of this season if he does not turn it around

So Robert Porcher IV decommited I hear.
Take it easy, man. If you're not careful, people will begin to think you're a comu-a'hem! Husker fan, I mean, Husker fan.

I'm just waiting for the "didn't want him" and "must've had grade issues" posts. Oh, and "wouldn't fit in at Nebraska."

If Nebraska signs a top 15class, I will be both pleased and surprised. If not, more of the same.

Take it easy, man. If you're not careful, people will begin to think you're a comu-a'hem! Husker fan, I mean, Husker fan.

I'm just waiting for the "didn't want him" and "must've had grade issues" posts. Oh, and "wouldn't fit in at Nebraska."

If Nebraska signs a top 15class, I will be both pleased and surprised. If not, more of the same.

Just here to state my opinions and discuss Husker sports.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT