ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: What is Nebraska's record to end the regular season?

Currently at 1-1, what is Nebraska's record to end the regular season?

• 1 - 11 or 2 - 10

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 3 - 9 or 4 - 8

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • 5 - 7 or 6 - 6

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • 7 - 5 or 8 - 4

Votes: 83 43.7%
  • 9 - 3 or 10 - 2

Votes: 26 13.7%
  • 11 - 1

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bullshit. Lee missed 4 or 5 wide open receivers and had 3 or 4 drops. Lee had a bad game, the play calling was good, the execution was poor in this last game, especially in the 4th quarter.

Really? Throwing into double coverage down the sideline on the 1st play of the game?

But in reality you are just picking the field, ie one hiccup and then with a gun to your head you picked Purdue because they pass the ball. Luckily their defense is giving up 450 yards per game too
I didn't know I was playing the game of pick the team to beat Nebraska. I simply claimed that seeing what I've seen suggests I'm going to need a win against Iowa to get me to 7 wins.

You're the one that came up with the challenge to pick the game they will lose. Sorry.

Really? Throwing into double coverage down the sideline on the 1st play of the game?

You are making a leap that because that is where the throw went, or that the play only had one available option. Do you know that no one else was open? Execution not necessarily play call. Additionally, the ball hit the receiver in the helmet. Catch the ball and its not discussed again.

You are making a leap that because that is where the throw went, or that the play only had one available option. Do you know that no one else was open? Execution not necessarily play call. Additionally, the ball hit the receiver in the helmet. Catch the ball and its not discussed again.

IF IF IF, catch it instead of get intercepted, make a tackle instead of letting them get a touchdown, break up a pass instead of letting them catch it. IF IF IF. Well no shit, then it'd be an entirely different game. Get out of here with that nonsense. That's not what happened. So we're discussing the shit that did happen.

IF IF IF, catch it instead of get intercepted, make a tackle instead of letting them get a touchdown, break up a pass instead of letting them catch it. IF IF IF. Well no shit, then it'd be an entirely different game. Get out of here with that nonsense. That's not what happened. So we're discussing the shit that did happen.

No we are discussing whether or not Langsdorf put Lee in a bad position. You are attempting to change the argument. The play calling was fine, the execution was poor.

I will say this, when I put you in position to succeed, you failed to execute by missing wide open throws and missing well thrown balls, that isn't a play calling issue.

You are judging the result not the actual call.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
I didn't know I was playing the game of pick the team to beat Nebraska. I simply claimed that seeing what I've seen suggests I'm going to need a win against Iowa to get me to 7 wins.

You're the one that came up with the challenge to pick the game they will lose. Sorry.

It isn't about that. It's typical overreaction of the Nebraska fan base. Because Arkansas St wasn't a blow out and because Oregon jumped out early then Nebraska is now going to lose to Purdue or Illinois or Northern Ill or Rutgers.

The fact of the matter is that I asked one poster, who claimed he would be surprised if Nebraska went 3-0 over the next 3 to pick the game they will lose. Some of you all decided to chime in with other scenarios, so I challenged you to name the game we would lose.

It isn't about that. It's typical overreaction of the Nebraska fan base. Because Arkansas St wasn't a blow out and because Oregon jumped out early then Nebraska is now going to lose to Purdue or Illinois or Northern Ill or Rutgers.

The fact of the matter is that I asked one poster, who claimed he would be surprised if Nebraska went 3-0 over the next 3 to pick the game they will lose. Some of you all decided to chime in with other scenarios, so I challenged you to name the game we would lose.
And when I played along, you still call me to the carpet. Feels like you've got a chip on your shoulder for some reason. Look, I defend the team, the coaches, I'm all in. I'm the one who took the bet over 7 games. I'm just saying that my best judgment is that it's going to be a chore to get there. Is that overreacting? I guess time will tell. I'd love to get to 8 wins before Iowa. I have several reasons to hope for this.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
And when I played along, you still call me to the carpet. Feels like you've got a chip on your shoulder for some reason. Look, I defend the team, the coaches, I'm all in. I'm the one who took the bet over 7 games. I'm just saying that my best judgment is that it's going to be a chore to get there. Is that overreacting? I guess time will tell. I'd love to get to 8 wins before Iowa. I have several reasons to hope for this.

No chip, just wondering who is the team that is going to beat Nebraska. Everyone is so sure that there will be between 4 and 7 more losses, I just want to see who that is. But as usual, it isn't really a matter of anyone really believing they will lose, just people that are playing the field or believing that something bad will happen. Very few on here would bet an amount of money significant to them that Purdue will beat Nebraska, and even fewer would bet that Rutgers or Northern Illinois would beat Nebraska out right at home.

No we are discussing whether or not Langsdorf put Lee in a bad position. You are attempting to change the argument. The play calling was fine, the execution was poor.

I will say this, when I put you in position to succeed, you failed to execute by missing wide open throws and missing well thrown balls, that isn't a play calling issue.

You are judging the result not the actual call.

Well we were, until you started creating fantasy outcomes.

So your position is there isn't anything DL could design or call to help TL get going better than 1-4 for 9 yds with an INT? I'm saying there are some easier throws, especially at the start of the game, that could help the entire offense find a better rhythm.

Reactions: scarletred
Well we were, until you started creating fantasy outcomes.

So your position is there isn't anything DL could design or call to help TL get going better than 1-4 for 9 yds with an INT? I'm saying there are some easier throws, especially at the start of the game, that could help the entire offense find a better rhythm.

Fantasy outcomes?, that was on you. Your first post said that DL needs to put Lee in a better position. I said BS. The play calling had open receivers that weren't hit and well thrown balls that were dropped. That isn't play calling. period. You then want to bring up why are we calling play action passes and why did we throw a go route on the first play of the game.

That is not poor game planning or putting Lee in a bad spot. You assumed the play call is for Lee to throw into double coverage, I would assume there is a second option to the route combo, do you know if the secondary receiver was open? No, you judged the result of the play as a bad play call because it was intercepted, when in reality the ball was well thrown and the receiver didn't execute.

Fantasy outcomes?, that was on you. Your first post said that DL needs to put Lee in a better position. I said BS. The play calling had open receivers that weren't hit and well thrown balls that were dropped. That isn't play calling. period. You then want to bring up why are we calling play action passes and why did we throw a go route on the first play of the game.

That is not poor game planning or putting Lee in a bad spot. You assumed the play call is for Lee to throw into double coverage, I would assume there is a second option to the route combo, do you know if the secondary receiver was open? No, you judged the result of the play as a bad play call because it was intercepted, when in reality the ball was well thrown and the receiver didn't execute.

I'll just copy and paste this again since you don't want to seem to address it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT