ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should Nebraska leave the B1G

Should Nebraska leave the B1G?

• Yes

Votes: 131 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 157 54.5%

• Total voters
No! We're fine in the Big 10. I'm not convinced the Big 12 is stable or worth the effort in academics, strength or money for both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
This article.

If Alvarez played apart is scheduling he was the one or Warren that set us up with Ohio St..

My complaint is why did Wisconsin get Illinois instead of Michigan? would have liked Nebraska playing Wisconsin at home the first game.. Barry was afraid of that..

Everyone loves to hate on Nebraska, it's cool. I get a hell of a laugh how all of you lady-parts fainted and demanded we apologize for leading the charge to actually play football. And now that your anonymous crappy program that literally no one cares about one way or the other gets to play actual football games you come here with this garbage. I honestly don't care what conference we're in. The money is good in the Big 10 but it kind of sucks being stuck with programs like Purdue, etc. You beat a program like Purdue and it doesn't move the needle because they've always sucked and always will. Purdue beats Nebraska and it's automatically their biggest win ever, which it basically is. That's the definition of a no win situation.

If Alvarez played apart is scheduling he was the one or Warren that set us up with Ohio St..

My complaint is why did Wisconsin get Illinois instead of Michigan? would have liked Nebraska playing Wisconsin at home the first game.. Barry was afraid of that..
Illinois is in the same division as Wisconsin. Of course they will get them. So I assume you mean indiana?

But yes, Alvarez definitely greased this one. He got an extra two weeks before start because Wisconsin is dealing with Covid right now. Screw the rest of the league to benefit his own.

I went with NO because it’s not happening regardless what anyone wants or hopes for. The Huskers will remain in the BIG 10 for at least another decade or few before we even think about leaving (if we ever do leave).

Illinois is in the same division as Wisconsin. Of course they will get them. So I assume you mean indiana?

But yes, Alvarez definitely greased this one. He got an extra two weeks before start because Wisconsin is dealing with Covid right now. Screw the rest of the league to benefit his own.

C’mon I’m talking the first game played.. Didn’t the B1G schedule Purdue at Nebraska years ago for the first game? YES, so why change the first game that was scheduled years ago to begin with..

C’mon I’m talking the first game played.. Didn’t the B1G schedule Purdue at Nebraska years ago for the first game? YES, so why change the first game that was scheduled years ago to begin with..

that’s what I want to know. It was even against a divisional opponent. Why not leave that game alone and the build the schedule after that game? Makes no sense. I’d gladly take the Purdue game first over OSU.

Reactions: scarletred
Yes, I was disappointed that we weren't going to open up at Nebraska. I wanted to see Diacofense vs Frost. A very good storyline for the season opener.

As for the why, well I wouldn't be surprised if Alvarez pulled some strings to get Wisconsin the advantage.

Reactions: huskerssalts
No, football is an arms race. At this point in time, the BIG allows Nebraska the capital to stay competitive
If or when teams break away from the NCAA to form their own conferences, then that's a different discussion

Reactions: HUSK4EVER
I get wanting to stay because of the money. But how long do we think that's going to last with the incompetent leadership?
Honestly money will win out over incompetent leadership. Warren will be fired if he doesn't get his act together.

When the pandemic is over, the money is flowing again. If anything that was reinforced by the fan displeasure of having the season cancelled. In the end it's the fan enthusiasm driving the big TV bucks. By contrast you didn't see a lot of that fan enthusiasm with the PAC.

And the Big 12 is ONLY surviving because of Texas and Oklahoma. If one of those two schools ever leave the conference, it's dead. All those people advocating for a return to the Big 12 fail to remember that is a shaky conference dependent on the whims of Texas.

While I don’t think we will leave I think we should leave for the simple fact that we didn’t play football on Saturday and we’re not playing next Saturday either. Isn’t that what this is all about? Actually PLAYING football? Other conferences are playing football.

I’m shocked that a lot of you aren’t more concerned that we still may not even play football this season, strictly because of the conference we’re in. We would have generated millions of more dollars over the weekend if we were still in the Big 12. If it’s not covid, the next virus will scare the B1G into submission again, and again.

I don't understand the complaint of the timing of our opponents. Why does it matter if we have to play OSU in the first game or the last? In fact, I can think of multiple reasons why I'd rather play them first.

The only legitimate complaint is that we have to play OSU and PSU as our two crossovers. I think it's pretty obvious that the B1G wanted to spite us. But as far as the timing of the games goes, I'm fine with playing them early as opposed to late.

Yes?
No?
Why?

Where do people want us to go? A Group of 5 conference like the MAC or the American where we can dominate and still not be relevant. Do some Husker fans want to run from teams like Ohio State? That would be pretty embarrassing if we are developing a team that has no guts. Anyone read Pat Forde's comments about us. I don't like him, but if we are all honest there is some truth in his writing. We as the Husker Nation need to suck it up and the team needs to start winning games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
No. We should pour all effort into building a top notch football and basketball program. We're just getting started. Hopefully big 10 presidents handle the next pandemic better.!

The excuse being floated when it comes to scheduling is preserving"trophy" games is priority#1. There fore we get whatever is left over regardless of stacked or not.

Yes, I was disappointed that we weren't going to open up at Nebraska. I wanted to see Diacofense vs Frost. A very good storyline for the season opener.

As for the why, well I wouldn't be surprised if Alvarez pulled some strings to get Wisconsin the advantage.
I do not think you want to see a Diaco defense against a Frost offense.

Where do people want us to go? A Group of 5 conference like the MAC or the American where we can dominate and still not be relevant. Do some Husker fans want to run from teams like Ohio State? That would be pretty embarrassing if we are developing a team that has no guts. Anyone read Pat Forde's comments about us. I don't like him, but if we are all honest there is some truth in his writing. We as the Husker Nation need to suck it up and the team needs to start winning games.
No, I have focused more on Tim Brando. A writer with integrity, rather than shock jocks trying to kick us while we are down.

Amen. Nebraska needs to STFU about the schedule and play football.

Nebraska does...you mean their fans need to? If so, yes, you are right, there are some of us that aren’t happy. But not everyone is on the same page. Just saying, let’s keep it real and not generalize.

I meant Nebraska in the most encompassing possible interpretation. Fans, administrators, players, coaches.... whatever. But yes, especially the fans.

My bad, I haven’t seen Frost, the coaching staff or any of the players complaining. I do remember seeing Moos saying he gave his best for a fair schedule and lost and some fans biotch and moan. But definitely NOT everyone though. Just saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't understand the complaint of the timing of our opponents. Why does it matter if we have to play OSU in the first game or the last? In fact, I can think of multiple reasons why I'd rather play them first.

The only legitimate complaint is that we have to play OSU and PSU as our two crossovers. I think it's pretty obvious that the B1G wanted to spite us. But as far as the timing of the games goes, I'm fine with playing them early as opposed to late.

The point is again we already had the first game scheduled with Purdue... Put Ohio St and Penn St after that I don’t care.. There was no need to move the Purdue game except to stick it to us..

The point is again we already had the first game scheduled with Purdue... Put Ohio St and Penn St after that I don’t care.. There was no need to move the Purdue game except to stick it to us..

Exactly, that doesn’t mean we don’t want to play OSU or PSU....hell, bring them on. But like you said ,why move the Purdue game that’s been there for how long and then eventually the Rutgers game that was eventually added down the road? Dead on bro, it was absolutely to stick it to us. End of story.

To OSU and PSU....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT