ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Should Nebraska leave the B1G

Should Nebraska leave the B1G?

• Yes

Votes: 131 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 157 54.5%

• Total voters
Purdue would probably prefer Nebraska in wk 1 vs drawing Iowa- just saying. A Big Ten schedule, is a Big 10 schedule with arguably only 1 gimmie (RU) for everyone not callEd OSU

Oh I definitely disagree on Purdue probably wanting the Huskers over Iowa. Purdue is currently 2-1 vs Iowa the last 3 games. They probably didn’t care if it was the Huskers or Iowa. They have had Iowas and the Huskers number lately.

Put it this way, Purdue is currently 5-1 vs Iowa and the Huskers the last 3 seasons. Jeff Brohm and Purdue has owned the Huskers and Iowa for the past several years. I’m sure Iowa is hating the fact they catch Purdue game one, not Purdue worrying about Iowa, lol.

Wisconsin is the lone West team Purdue probably doesn’t want to face game 1, they are currently 1-14 vs Wisconsin the last 15 years. Wisconsin owns a 14 game win streak vs Purdue.

Last edited:
49-20 is nice. 55-24 is nicer.

We did it with old school smash mouth offense (our fullback scored a TD in that game. Fullbacks are still a thing at Iowa.) and physical defense. You all can keep that basketball on grass nonsense.

Meh.

We scored 3 rushing TDs to your 1. "Two tight ends, old time, Big Ten football. Touchdown! “

Oh, and Brohm is 2-1 vs Ferentz. And the only reason we lost last year was due to injuries. Even so, it was close and we almost stole one.

And according to the B1G, I hate Iowa.

But at least neither of us are afraid of OSU. Neither should Nebraska.

Oh I definitely disagree on Purdue probably wanting the Huskers over Iowa. Purdue is currently 2-1 vs Iowa the last 3 games. They probably didn’t care if it was the Huskers or Iowa. They have had Iowas and the Huskers number lately.

Put it this way, Purdue is currently 5-1 vs Iowa and the Huskers the last 3 seasons. Jeff Brohm and Purdue has owned the Huskers and Iowa for the past several years. I’m sure Iowa is hating the fact they catch Purdue game one, not Purdue worrying about Iowa, lol.

Wisconsin is the lone West team Purdue probably doesn’t want to face game 1, they are currently 1-14 vs Wisconsin the last 15 years. Wisconsin owns a 14 game win streak vs Purdue.
Ok. You miss the point

The Iowa-Nebraska pissing contests are tiring to this life long Husker fan that graduated from the university of Iowa. That said from an Iowa perspective it beats 1-7. Also from an Iowa perspective, the realignment made the mostly annual games with OSU and Michigan sad casualties.
I think opening w/OSU is an awesome opportunity for the Big Red....reminds me of the mid 70s when IM Hipp was introduced to the world against Bear Bryant’s Alabama. Of course we were ranked, but significant underdogs none-the-less

OSU is 34 and 5 vs Iowa since 1963. I’d same that’s pretty close to same thing the Huskers average with the Buckeyes. Actually a little worse, that’s a win ever 6.8 games to the Huskers 6.

OSU is also 6-2 vs Iowa and 7-1 vs the Huskers in a 8 game span. And I’d hope Iowa has done a little better here considering Iowa has had the same Head Coach for the last 20 plus years and the Huskers are now on Head Coach number 3 in a 6 year span. That makes a huge difference with a team like OSU who is constantly in the National Title talk.

Last edited:
OSU is 34 and 5 vs Iowa since 1963. I’d same that’s pretty close to same thing the Huskers average with the Buckeyes. Actually a little worse, that’s a win ever 6.8 games to the Huskers 6.

OSU is also 6-2 vs Iowa and 7-1 vs the Huskers in a 8 game span. And I’d hope Iowa has done a little better here considering Iowa has had the same Head Coach for the last 20 plus years and the Huskers are now on Head Coach number 3 in a 6 year span. That makes a huge difference with a team like OSU who is constantly in the National Title talk.
Oh Salts - you're nuts on this. If you want to play that game - against my better judgement here's a little Purdue and OSU response. Winsipedia makes it quick and easy.

OSU has scored 50+ points vs Iowa 3 time since 1922, and 50+ 3 times vs Nebraska since 2010. That is embarrassing for Nebraska, not anyone else.

Want something from the cell-phone era - Last 5 games vs OSU - Iowa is +31, -10, -3, -3 (OT), -21 Whereas Nebraska is +7, -25, -59, -42, -5, -41.

Now you felt the need to offer a flawed opinion on a Purdue reference - I should probably let things lie - but it's the noon hour, and it's too easy. Since the Big 10 went E/W - Iowa has finished 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 4; Nebraska 5, 5, 5, 2, 4, 2. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Purdue would rather open with Iowa than Nebraska.

Ya need to quit rationalizing.Just get back to looking forward to opportunities. Playing OSU game 1 is awesome imo - ya never know it could be the only one we see this year....let's see if we can measure up...and worry about conference standings if enough games get in where they actually mean just a wee bit. And, I for one think they are up to it, regardless of what other think about them or recent history.

Oh Salts - you're nuts on this. If you want to play that game - against my better judgement here's a little Purdue and OSU response. Winsipedia makes it quick and easy.

OSU has scored 50+ points vs Iowa 3 time since 1922, and 50+ 3 times vs Nebraska since 2010. That is embarrassing for Nebraska, not anyone else.

Want something from the cell-phone era - Last 5 games vs OSU - Iowa is +31, -10, -3, -3 (OT), -21 Whereas Nebraska is +7, -25, -59, -42, -5, -41.

Now you felt the need to offer a flawed opinion on a Purdue reference - I should probably let things lie - but it's the noon hour, and it's too easy. Since the Big 10 went E/W - Iowa has finished 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 4; Nebraska 5, 5, 5, 2, 4, 2. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure Purdue would rather open with Iowa than Nebraska.

Ya need to quit rationalizing.Just get back to looking forward to opportunities. Playing OSU game 1 is awesome imo - ya never know it could be the only one we see this year....let's see if we can measure up...and worry about conference standings if enough games get in where they actually mean just a wee bit. And, I for one think they are up to it, regardless of what other think about them or recent history.

For one, you got one team that’s kept the same head coach for 20 plus years. They are as solid as they are going to get and as good as they will ever get, right now and have been for the last 10-15 years. So yes, I’d hope Iowa plays teams close like that. They are a consistent Top 25 team or just outside the Too 25 that always has a Top 10-30 defense.

The Huskers on the other hand are on Head Coach number 3 in what, a 6 year span (Bo Pelini, Mike Riley and now Scott Frost). That’s going to do a number to most teams not Bama, Clemson, OU or OSU. So forgive me if I see things a bit differently when we are talking about playing a National title contender year in and year out. While Iowa gets them ever once in awhile....like once ever 3-5 years?

Last edited:
For one, you got one team that’s kept the same head coach for 20 plus years. They are as solid as they are going to get and as good as they will ever get, right now and have been for the last 10-15 years. So yes, I’d hope Iowa plays teams close like that. They are a consistent Top 25 team or just outside the Too 25 that always has a Top 10-30 defense.

The Huskers on the other hand are on Head Coach number 3 in what, a 6 year span (Bo Pelini, Mike Riley and now Scott Frost). That’s going to do a number to most teams not Bama, Clemson, OU or OSU. So forgive me if I see things a bit differently when we are talking about playing a National title contender year in and year out. While Iowa gets them ever once in awhile....like once ever 3-5 years?
So what about how many coaches over the last 98, 10 or 5 years.

As a lifelong Husker fan and a UI grad, I’m excited Nebraska plays them, and miss seeing the the bucknuts(and Michigan) in Kinnick as regularly as they were prior to expansion/realignment.

have some faith in and enthusiasm for the team

I'm surprised so many people are paranoid that the B1G is out to get Nebraska.

The current divisional lineup is tailor made to generate wins for Nebraska. All you have to do is beat cellar dwellers:

Purdue
Illinois

Beat successful, non-blueblood teams

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern

So what if you have to play OSU in cross-divisional play every year. That's what bluebloods do. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Then, in a normal year, you win your 3 cupcake non-conference games.

So, all Frost has to do to be bowl elligible is win 3 cupcakes, beat cellar-dwellers Purdue and Illinois, then beat ONE other of Iowa, NW, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

How hard is that for a blueblood that perennially recruits in the top 15?

I'm surprised so many people are paranoid that the B1G is out to get Nebraska.

The current divisional lineup is tailor made to generate wins for Nebraska. All you have to do is beat cellar dwellers:

Purdue
Illinois

Beat successful, non-blueblood teams

Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern

So what if you have to play OSU in cross-divisional play every year. That's what bluebloods do. If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Then, in a normal year, you win your 3 cupcake non-conference games.

So, all Frost has to do to be bowl elligible is win 3 cupcakes, beat cellar-dwellers Purdue and Illinois, then beat ONE other of Iowa, NW, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.

How hard is that for a blueblood that perennially recruits in the top 15?
I figured this thread was a bait and switch... this isn’t about whether huskers leave the conference or not. You were building up to this from the start.

Well played.

Reactions: bshirt73
I figured this thread was a bait and switch... this isn’t about whether huskers leave the conference or not. You were building up to this from the start.

Well played.
No. It just evolved that way. I really didn't think so many people felt this way. It was very surprising.

No. It just evolved that way. I really didn't think so many people felt this way. It was very surprising.
I am surprised as well, but consider recent events... if you ask this in June, it would be overwhelmingly in the stay column. The only ones that would say ‘leave’ are those who never wanted to join from the start.

Recent events have massively skewed the poll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT