ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: How many games do the Huskers win this year?

How many games do the Huskers win this year?

• Total voters
Before the season I was on the fence between seven and eight wins. Going with four now. This is just not a good team.

Reactions: Sous Chef
Before the season I was on the fence between seven and eight wins. Going with four now. This is just not a good team.
I’m 1 above you on both. Had us winning 8. Now I think 5.

I could see this team’s confidence being very very fragile for the rest of the year.

Reactions: SC_'sker
I said 6 to 8 after breaking down the first game. I included Colorado in that W column.So probably 5 to 7 realistically 5 but hopefully 6 for the bowl practices.

Northern Illinois. tossup
Illinois, tossup
OSU L
N'western tossup
Minn tossup
IU tossup
Purdue tossup
Wisky L
Maryland L
Iowa L

Best case 7 worst case 3 or 4.

The confidence that matters is AM and he appeared very fragile in both games bros.

Frost said he wanted missiles flying around the field this year. Anyone see any missiles

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I said 6 to 8 after breaking down the first game. I included Colorado in that W column.So probably 5 to 7 realistically 5 but hopefully 6 for the bowl practices.

Northern Illinois. tossup
Illinois, tossup
OSU L
N'western tossup
Minn tossup
IU tossup
Purdue tossup
Wisky L
Maryland L
Iowa L

Best case 7 worst case 3 or 4.

That's reasonable. I don't see anything on the schedule left that NU should be a clear favorite in.

H
If we win six or seven, Iowa will be one of them.
Hope u are correct on that win. Buffs were my number -1 win and Iowa was my number - 2 win I wanted most. I really wanted this game today bros. Almost flew out to MILE high. I still say 6 is an okay year; 7 would be good and 8 not within reach bros.

And like the other guy keep saying - simply UNACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:
I said 4.

Two game - Two disasters. Who left on the schedule is worse than Colorado? Maybe NIU. Maybe.

Hopefully Fred Hoiberg can give us something to enjoy in the off-season, cuz its going to be another long one that starts in November.

Reactions: TheNewNU
I think they lose next week, get rolled by O-HI-O, but pull it together in the second half to go 4-2 or maybe 3-3. Hard to tell because most Big Ten teams haven't played anybody yet.

I think they lose next week, get rolled by O-HI-O, but pull it together in the second half to go 4-2 or maybe 3-3. Hard to tell because most Big Ten teams haven't played anybody yet.

The OSU game will be a bloodbath. I could see Wiscy beating us by 35+ as well.

Reactions: Huskred01
I'll call my shot, I think we win these three going forward:

Illinois
Minnesota
Iowa

Vote and discuss

I think Nebraska can beat Northern Illinois and possibly Illinois.

I think they can lose every game after that based on what I’ve seen.

vs NIU - Win
vs Illinois - Probable Win (51%)
vs Ohio State - Definite Loss
vs Northwestern - Probable Loss
vs Minnesota - Loss
vs Indiana - Loss
vs Purdue - Loss
vs Wisconsin - Definite Loss
vs Maryland - Loss
vs Iowa - Loss

So yes. A record worse than last year even. No bowl game again. Laugh all you want but I feel I have a good read on this team after last year and the offensive regression of this year.

Our offensive line is very average. Our receivers are very average. We have zero interior running game and hardly any vertical passing game. Once teams figure that out they are then free to take away our only thing that does work: getting the ball to Washington or Wandale in open space. Martinez, once a threat as a runner, is a non factor in the running game right now. Maybe that improves but maybe it doesn’t.

Our defense is decent but still gives up way too many big plays. Our linebackers are terrible blitzers and lousy in pass coverage. We are also (still) piss poor tacklers.

Maybe we get better as the year progresses and we make a bowl game. But right now we are a 3-9 or 4-8 football team. Heck, I wouldn’t be shocked if we lose next week too.

Vote and discuss
I said last week, we would find out what this team is all about vs Colorado. Needless to say, this looks like a 4 or maybe 5 win team. I had them at 8 before the season.

Colorado and S Alabama are not good teams. (I don't say that in the vein of sour grapes) This also appears to be a weaker version of NIU coming next week. If these guys sleepwalk through that game, they may very well not win another game this season.

This offense is bad. If Mo wasn't around, they probably score 14 again. The lack of any power run game. There has is been no vertical threat year. For all the speed we had been hearing about, they're getting shut down on the perimeter on a regular basis by bad teams. Wait till they try that shit against Ohio State. Adrian looks off, not sure if he's over thinking things, drank too much red Kool-Aid or what. I'm wondering if Cav snuck back in, because the Oline sure looks like they have been eating his BBQ, again.

I felt like the D was a nice surprise until the 4th quarter. Part of it was running out of gas. Colorado ran 24 offensive plays in the 4th Qtr, ran at will and Montez made a bunch of nice plays.

The " Special" teams??? Uh.....

This team still lacks a killer instinct. Had Colorado and another first year staff buried at half time. It felt more like 35-0, than 17-0. When they recovered the fumbled KR after Mo's TD, should have been like sharks smelling blood. Instead, looked like sprinkles, hip-hip hooray and a game of grab ass.

Yes, this team is young. I question the talent. I keep hearing this narrative on how talented they are. Go take a look at the last 3-4 NFL drafts. We are not in a position to win with this "talent". Player development is part of the equation, but the talent simply hasn't and isn't there. Teams like Iowa and Wisconsin have won more than us with lesser paper talent, but their player development has been good and it appears they are coached by a coven of witches.

Again, something just seems "off" to me. I'm already tired of SF talking about "culture". For the mojo they did seem to capture the second half of last season, they look like the team that started 0-6 last year. I also wonder if all this hype around S&C is just that---hype. The play speaks for itself.

NIU- W (lose, and I have a new collection of jizz rags)
Ill - W
OSU - L
NW- W
Minn - L
Ind-W
Pur - L
Md-L
Iowa-L

Before this season began I drank the koolaid. I thought 9 or 10 wins. Now I honestly think that unless we improve in ways that are hard to see, we will be lucky to win 3.

the predictions were based on what a top 10 type coach with a returning, nationally recognized QB might achieve

we clearly don't have that --- this is going to take extreme patience while this staff builds on the lessons getting handed to them every gameday

to clarify - top 10 national coach not top 10 in the conference -- I'm certain we don't have the former and I'm not sure about the latter

the predictions were based on what a top 10 type coach with a returning, nationally recognized QB might achieve

we clearly don't have that --- this is going to take extreme patience while this staff builds on the lessons getting handed to them every gameday

to clarify - top 10 national coach not top 10 in the conference -- I'm certain we don't have the former and I'm not sure about the latter
Frost is our guy and he is here to stay. I will continue to support him. He knows we need to get tougher in the trenches. He ain’t no fool. He sees what we see.

I'll call my shot, I think we win these three going forward:

Illinois
Minnesota
Iowa

You think we win 3 more all season? Put your money where your mouth is. Any number, you’re on, I’ll take over 3. DM for details.

You think we win 3 more all season? Put your money where your mouth is. Any number, you’re on, I’ll take over 3. DM for details.

What is with you and cash bets with strangers on anonymous message boards? I told you I'm not into that sort of thing.

If you want to come up with terms for a profile picture bet we can do that. I had this one set aside for salts, but it suits you too:

bagdad-bob.gif

Instead, looked like sprinkles, hip-hip hooray and a game of grab ass
LOL - I haven't seen Nebraska's lack of killer instinct stated quite this way.

I'm all for celebrating good plays but it seems that more players (not just Huskers) like to put on a show for making ordinary football plays - flexing after making a routine tackle, a gorilla stomp after catching a pass over the middle, etc. It all looks so foolish after a while, especially after a loss.

What is with you and cash bets with strangers on anonymous message boards? I told you I'm not into that sort of thing.

If you want to come up with terms for a profile picture bet we can do that. I had this one set aside for salts, but it suits you too:

bagdad-bob.gif

you seem so certain I figured there's no risk in it for you.

over 3 wins, you're on. any terms you'd like, just name them. this way, in addition to patting yourself on the back when the huskers lose, you have something tangible to gain, too.

you seem so certain I figured there's no risk in it for you.

over 3 wins, you're on. any terms you'd like, just name them. this way, in addition to patting yourself on the back when the huskers lose, you have something tangible to gain, too.

Ok, if we're doing this, you also lose if NU wins less than 8 this year. You voted 8 wins, right?

LOL - I haven't seen Nebraska's lack of killer instinct stated quite this way.

I'm all for celebrating good plays but it seems that more players (not just Huskers) like to put on a show for making ordinary football plays - flexing after making a routine tackle, a gorilla stomp after catching a pass over the middle, etc. It all looks so foolish after a while, especially after a loss.
I think it's just today's mindset. I'm old but not quite "Get off my lawn old". But, it's definitely annoying or even comical. Kind of like throwing down a dunk when losing by 20 and showboating.

Ok, if we're doing this, you also lose if NU wins less than 8 this year. You voted 8 wins, right?

you called your shot, said 3 more. I'm calling you on it.

you either believe it or you don't. I never spouted off about anything.

The confidence that matters is AM and he appeared very fragile in both games bros.

Frost said he wanted missiles flying around the field this year. Anyone see any missiles

I saw em. They flew right by the guy with the ball play after play.

Reactions: Sous Chef
Frost is our guy and he is here to stay. I will continue to support him. He knows we need to get tougher in the trenches. He ain’t no fool. He sees what we see.

I too support Frost - I just do not see evidence, right now, that we have the elite coach that we all thought we did. This doesn’t mean that in the future it won’t become apparent but that position is more subjective than anything we are seeing objectively to this point.

I am sure Frost know what needs to be fixed - many on here know as well - the question becomes can he fix it? We are all hoping he can

you called your shot, said 3 more. I'm calling you on it.

you either believe it or you don't. I never spouted off about anything.

Either you believe in your vote or you don't. Which is it?

I thought this was an 8-win team before the season opened, and maybe 9 if some things fell the right way. I still think 7 or 8 is possible, but I'm less inclined to think NU is going to knock off any of the top teams on the schedule.

Was hoping for better, but guessing 5-6 now. Why did Maryland have to step up this year? Sheesh.

Either you believe in your vote or you don't. Which is it?

I believe they'll win more than 3, which is what you were running your mouth about. my vote in your poll really has nothing to do with it.

do we have a bet? or do we just know where you stand on your predictions moving forward?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT