ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: First B1G championship

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
Last spring we had polls like this, and Basketball was winning. Curious to know how the mindset may have changed.

This post was edited on 2/23 9:59 AM by HuskerAlum92

I just don't ever see a B1G championship for us in bball. I like Miles, and with some of the talent we have coming in we are definitely trending up, but I think even in our best year 2,3, 4 would probably be our best bet.

Consistently making the NCAA tournament should be the goal for basketball imo.

That means more than a conference title, at times in college basketball.

The question isn't what should the goals be… Who will win the championship first? With that in mind, I almost think football.

I voted football. I don't recall my vote from last season. I think that I voted for football, but I could be wrong.

My rationale is combination of resources, potential, and the West Division alignment. In football, we just really need to finish first in the weaker West Division and then pull one upset in the CGG. In basketball, we have to beat a bunch of good teams consecutively in one weekend or finish with a stellar regular season record. I didn't see that happening in the near future with Miles even with during the hot streak last season.

Originally posted by HuskerAlum92:
Last spring we had polls like this, and Basketball was winning. Curious to know how the mindset may have changed.

This post was edited on 2/23 9:59 AM by HuskerAlum92
When you realistically look at this poll it becomes depressing very quickly.

That is a sad possibility.

Not long ago we may have had questions about basketball, but the notion of not winning a conference championship in football in the foreseeable future (say 10 - 15 years) was unthinkable. Now, I'd say it is possible that this could happen. Hell, how many years in a row are we now working on without a conference championship?

People do realize there is 2 ways to win it in Basketball and only one the CCG in Football.

Basketball you have the regular 18 game season and you then have the conference tournament, which Nebraska won in the Big 8 days.

I think Nebraska has a better shot at winning in baseball before either Football or Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT