ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Does Nebrasketball make the NIT

Does Nebrasketball make the NIT

• Total voters
I need to know a little more about you guys so I can choose appropriate avatars.

The good news is I’ll Win a double or nothing bet for $40 if Miles doesn’t make the NCAA tournament..

Won the first bet on NU beating Creighton in December..

Need a winning record for the NIT.

Home NIT game at Pinnacle with 3,000 people in the stands would be close to bottom of nebrasketball barrel, after what this year was supposed to be.

I think there should be a 3rd option.
Do you care?

Really at this stage what is the point if they do win enough games to finish above .500 to play in the NIT..

Miles should be let go after illumination in the B1G tournament..

Reactions: sparky62
I hardly follow roundball but when Miles was at Colorado State wasn't he more successful than he seems to be now? This is how I remember it. Thanx.

a couple weeks ago i said I think they might actually miss the NIT......now it's, hahahahaha

I hardly follow roundball but when Miles was at Colorado State wasn't he more successful than he seems to be now? This is how I remember it. Thanx.

The competition was "slightly" different in the MW. The problem is the talent isn't good enough to overcome a coach that has no offensive game plan at all. And the roster depth? Losing Copeland was pretty much the end of the run.

Yes he was fairly successful at CSU, but he had better support with assistants, never been a good x and o's guy IMO. Plus it is whole lot easier winning in the Mtn West. Made the tourney his last year there, was lifetime 71-88, but built a 7 win team his first year to a tournament team in five years.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmunso7
Nebraska could / should win the 5 remaining home games plus if they win 2 games in the B1G tourney I would say they are in the NCAA.

They are still 28th in the N.E.T. rankings and we are being told that is what will decide the NCAA brackets.

I don’t think we’ve seen any signs that they are going to win even a majority of the 5 remaining home games? Maryland? Purdue? Iowa? I don’t see it. Even if they go on a crazy run, just put me in the group of worn out fans thinking, “haven’t we seen this before?” Show me some consistency.

I don’t think we’ve seen any signs that they are going to win even a majority of the 5 remaining home games? Maryland? Purdue? Iowa? I don’t see it. Even if they go on a crazy run, just put me in the group of worn out fans thinking, “haven’t we seen this before?” Show me some consistency.
The problem is they ARE showing consistency....a Miles team has always managed to fade in the later part of the season....unfortunately.

Still a 10 seed per ESPN. Start winning and we are still in the tourney. Long shot based on current play but technically still in the hunt

Still a 10 seed per ESPN. Start winning and we are still in the tourney. Long shot based on current play but technically still in the hunt
An NCAA tournament bid is just a dream now. Really, really sucks! I think we lose by 12-15 tomorrow.

Where's a resident H8er in here. How's the mudhole? I believe you said see you in the NIT last time. Any comments now? K, have a good one Nebraska athletic department! Have a drink for ol' Moos tonight (and your favorite neighbor beating #5)!

An NCAA tournament bid is just a dream now. Really, really sucks! I think we lose by 12-15 tomorrow.

I'm the ultimate pessimist when it comes to NebrasketLOL, but I think we get the W tomorrow. Not many after that though.

Where's a resident H8er in here. How's the mudhole? I believe you said see you in the NIT last time. Any comments now? K, have a good one Nebraska athletic department! Have a drink for ol' Moos tonight (and your favorite neighbor beating #5)!
obviously you have penis envy if you feel the need to come on here with that stupid message....crawl back in your hole.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
They will be damn lucky to finish above 500. Nebraska basketball sucks something fierce. Can't wait until Tim "Twitter" Miles is gone. The guy can't coach to save his life. He's the Mike Riley of basketball. He gets paid $2.25MM to suck.

10 seed puts you just above all of the bottom dweller conference automatic bids I think or at least close to that. One more loss and we slip to a 12 probably. I don't see any more wins on the schedule for us unless we beat Illinois which truly I think is in question after watching this last game. It is going to take a dramatic turn around. Roby, Glynn and Allen have to step up their games tremendously and Nana HAS to give us some scoring off the bench.

I don’t see us winning 5 games and finishing 18-13..

5-5 would be a miracle job by Timmy to finish the 2nd half of the conference schedule...

Reactions: dinglefritz

5-5 would be a miracle job by Timmy to finish the 2nd half of the conference schedule...

Think I've found some good candidates for your new avatar, as well as xxUNRIVALEDxx's.

IF he wins 5 more games this year he should be named national coach of the year and given a lifetime contract. No way we win 5 more. Not with our talent versus what we have in front of us.

ADVERTISEMENT