ADVERTISEMENT

Pola-Gates

Looks like Bama now out for him. They are full.

Main competition is now hometown ASU. This is a battle we should win unless he wants to attend a party school and play to a half empty stadium of fair-weathered fans in the Fall. Hopefully a house full of Husker coaches next week will put him over the top... I hope this plan is in the works when they go to visit Ty Robinson down the road.

Main competition is now hometown ASU. This is a battle we should win unless he wants to attend a party school and play to a half empty stadium of fair-weathered fans in the Fall. Hopefully a house full of Husker coaches next week will put him over the top... I hope this plan is in the works when they go to visit Ty Robinson down the road.
As mentioned in his thread as well, he wants to play in front of his parents. Party school and half empty stadium may not be that big a deal...

There are a lot of reasons to stay home. ASU is a great school to attend. If he chooses ASU it's not just because his priority is partying. The ladies are as nice there as anywhere. The prospect of staying put in the weather you've grown up in compared to moving to a location where it's much different can also be a major factor for a kid. Probably doesn't own a coat. Stuff that we take for granted living further north can be hard to accept for someone born and raised in Arizona.

I hope he comes here, but when your options are to stay near to family and play and live in great climate in a culture that you understand vs moving to a new climate and culture away from your family...I think it's easy to see why this is a tough decision. Let's respect what he decides either way. That's all I hope for from Husker fans.

There are a lot of reasons to stay home. ASU is a great school to attend. If he chooses ASU it's not just because his priority is partying. The ladies are as nice there as anywhere. The prospect of staying put in the weather you've grown up in compared to moving to a location where it's much different can also be a major factor for a kid. Probably doesn't own a coat. Stuff that we take for granted living further north can be hard to accept for someone born and raised in Arizona.

I hope he comes here, but when your options are to stay near to family and play and live in great climate in a culture that you understand vs moving to a new climate and culture away from your family...I think it's easy to see why this is a tough decision. Let's respect what he decides either way. That's all I hope for from Husker fans.

Well said!

Reactions: ThrowBones92

Weather is good for 4-5 months of the year. Then too hot!!

“I couldn’t live there, I love the seasons.”
“So do I, that’s why I skip all the shitty ones.”

I agree, but he’s used to it. Doesn’t make a difference to him I would imagine.
True enough. IF you are used to it, it doesn't matter.

I have friends that live there. Even though we joke about the fact, well at least it's a dry heat, they still complain that it's hotter than the hubs of you know what.

Hot is still hot. And every day.

Bama is full?? Just because they have 24 recruits? Guessing if they want someone bad enough, they will make room. Not being a dick, just wondering :)

Bama is full?? Just because they have 24 recruits? Guessing if they want someone bad enough, they will make room. Not being a dick, just wondering :)

And why would Saban visit him yesterday if they are full?

He's not signing until February, so it seems like Bama has plenty of time to find room for him.

True enough. IF you are used to it, it doesn't matter.

I have friends that live there. Even though we joke about the fact, well at least it's a dry heat, they still complain that it's hotter than the hubs of you know what.

Hot is still hot. And every day.

I have appreciated Frost's "You're not choosing your climate in the NFL, better start now playing in all conditions" recruiting argument.

I think, although I don’t know, what he was saying is they are full at the position. Is this a guy you recruit no matter what, even if full at that position? Some guys certainly are, but is this guy?

I don’t know.

I think, although I don’t know, what he was saying is they are full at the position. Is this a guy you recruit no matter what, even if full at that position? Some guys certainly are, but is this guy?

I don’t know.
Good coaches keep recruiting until players sign and take nothing for granted.

I don’t disagree. But good coaches also no not to take a 17th 4 star player at a position of depth when he is thin elsewhere.

That’s all I’m saying.
Well if he is not signing until February Saban may not need him after next Wednesday. I am sure coaches continue talking to players so as not to burn bridges, just never know if kids flip at the last minute.

Well if he is not signing until February Saban may not need him after next Wednesday. I am sure coaches continue talking to players so as not to burn bridges, just never know if kids flip at the last minute.
Totally agree. I know coaches continue to recruit players in the even they lose recruits elsewhere. Just don’t know if pola-gates feels like the room is too crowded or if Bama is keeping the lines open as a backup plan, or if they are still all in on pola-gates.

I’m certainly not an insider and don’t pretend to know anything here.

Pola-Gates is signing on Dec 19th, but not announcing who he signed with until the Poly all star game in January. My guess is that it is 50/50 between NU and Arizona State right now. Some people think he is "N". I read an update that said that Alabama had given him a date they wanted a decision by and that he hadn't committed to them at an in home a night or two ago, so they may be moving on.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Bama still wants him, sent in Tosh after Herm left his visit (he thought he would be last---oops) and stayed until 11ish

This is irrelevant. No male between the ages of 11 and 21 wears a coat. Ever. At the Nebraska high school my son attends all of the students come rolling out to the parking lot in hoodies and shorts. In December.

Just seen a pack of kids like that last Saturday. There were probably about 10-12 of them and between them all they may have had one pair of pants and a coat.

I’m hoping Ty commits to staff today and goes on a little peer recruiting trip the rest of the week to help lock up the Pola family.
Nebraskizona ??

Reactions: SC_'sker and WHCSC

Well, said...Herm is also an NFL guy...so you get to stay close to home, have good scenery, and have a decent chance of making the league. Sometime players associate their success with family and the support they receive from their loved ones, including HS girlfriends. Leaving that support system is very difficult for a home grown kid.

Well, said...Herm is also an NFL guy...so you get to stay close to home, have good scenery, and have a decent chance of making the league. Sometime players associate their success with family and the support they receive from their loved ones, including HS girlfriends. Leaving that support system is very difficult for a home grown kid.

The "scenery" is some of the best in the country, easily the best I have ever seen. Visited as a HS Sr. and just couldn't believe it. I didn't even see any parties..

If we get this guy (Polynesian on defense, will absolutely be a beast under Duval) and Ty Robinson, color me as impressed with Frost's first "real" recruiting class, and about as optimistic I've been as a Husker since the late 90s.

GBR

Reactions: huskers360

ASU is a huge in-state option, plus SC. Both would draw the "eye" of the recruit, big time.

However, if his parents are on-board and the kid is a gym rat/serious football player and talent, Nebraska makes sense.

People forget how conducive Nebraska football is to those kids that just want to play. It's the perfect setting, to develop and improve and get to the NFL. Bama in the Midwest, IMO.

At least Frost has us in front of the right talent. We will close those kids that fall in the latter category, given numbers and closing on those numbers.

We are in front of a lot of great football players now.

Where's Tuco?

Just wait until next years class. We already have our class QB (Smoothers). We are in great shape with three Top 50 players (Gentry, Cochran, Betts) and we are in great shape for two other 4-star type kids (Watts and Hutchmaster) in the 500 mile radius. If we can win enough games, next years class will be something.

Just wait until next years class. We already have our class QB (Smoothers). We are in great shape with three Top 50 players (Gentry, Cochran, Betts) and we are in great shape for two other 4-star type kids (Watts and Hutchmaster) in the 500 mile radius. If we can win enough games, next years class will be something.

Wow. Just makes it that much more imperative to close this year's class, and build that foundation.

What a very pragmatic post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT