ADVERTISEMENT

POB game last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Patrick O'Brien was 23/28 for 255 and rushed for 115 Yards in a close win over El Toro 40-36 victory. San Juan Hills is now 7-0 and El Toro fell to 4-4.

Someone on the Rivals Soundoff board posted all the Elite 11 QB's stats so far on the season and POB had the 2nd most attempts and the best passing percentage at 70+%.
I'll try to find it and post it here.

Edit: 2nd most attempts

Here is the list of the QB's. It is all the stats thru 10/6/15. POB has the most yards and the best completion percentage at 79%.
Screen-Shot-2015-10-06-at-4.18.08-PM.png

Patrick O'Brien was 23/28 for 255 and rushed for 115 Yards in a close win over El Toro 40-36 victory. San Juan Hills is now 7-0 and El Toro fell to 4-4.
It looks like he can run as well as pass. Do you think he'll be a running threat in college?

It looks like he can run as well as pass. Do you think he'll be a running threat in college?
It appears San Juan Hills runs a pro style offense. From the highlights I have seen, his runs are scrambles, designed bootlegs, and QB draws. He doesn't appear to do a lot of one read or option.

It appears San Juan Hills runs a pro style offense. From the highlights I have seen, his runs are scrambles, designed bootlegs, and QB draws. He doesn't appear to do a lot of one read or option.
That would seem to suit Riley's offense. At least he won't be a statue in the pocket.

Don't know if POB is the guy, but boy will this offense be so much more efficient with a qb who grew up in a similar system.

and Scout has the Ole Miss QB as the third or fourth best overall recruit?? Thanks for taking the time to share this, looks like a keeper!!

gotta admit, that kid is posting just outstanding results this year.. I wanted a dual threat guy, but after seeing how this offense goes, I think he's the right one. Nearly 80% completion, you got to be kidding me.

Reactions: otismotis08
He is an elite QB; he can run anything. Its just that he is headed for the best system to get him to the next level.

Is it too Nebraska Fan of me that I'm like, "So he's completing at 80%, almost never throws picks, and also can run? How does this go horribly awry for us?"

Honest question: Let's say he gets to campus for 7-on-7 this summer. What are the odds he competes for the starting job next year?

Is it too Nebraska Fan of me that I'm like, "So he's completing at 80%, almost never throws picks, and also can run? How does this go horribly awry for us?"

Honest question: Let's say he gets to campus for 7-on-7 this summer. What are the odds he competes for the starting job next year?

He'll be here in January, I thought?

Has any school taken more 4 star QB's in recent memory and turned them into total stiffs who look like they've never played QB in their life than Nebraska has? In short, you're not the only one thinking this. In answer to your honest question....I imagine he will be given every opportunity to win the job, like every opportunity, and while the coaches would never admit it, I'd imagine they are secretly hoping he does win it.

I hope he either starts or redshirt s, the backup quarterback does not get enough snaps to justify losing a year of eligibility.

What a season! And for the record, O'Brien IS a relatively dual threat guy. Moreso than Terry Wilson was at least. He'll be able to continue the path we're on with Armstrong's running game, if the coaches choose to use him that way. I hope they will.

The last thing you want is POB running around on design runs. You want this kid flinging the ball around the field.

Here is the list of the QB's. It is all the stats thru 10/6/15. POB has the most yards and the best completion percentage at 79%.
Screen-Shot-2015-10-06-at-4.18.08-PM.png

POB has the most passing yards (11 yards per attempt), the best completion %, the 3rd most TD passes, the 6th most rushing yards, tied for 3rd for most rushing TDs, and is averaging 7.7 yards per rush. Pretty good stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT