ADVERTISEMENT

Please don't give me a vacation - I can't help myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I don't want to get into a political debate and I hope we can take this as simply the reason why most of us would never get into the cesspool that is politics. One of the things is that when you're in that world, you have to say really stupid things, things that you wouldn't otherwise say in a million years, just to try to convince some low information person that you'll never meet to think your side is reasonable. I'll try to be generic as possible as to what I heard on TV this morning.

Talk Show Host: Don't you think it's anti-democratic for the Democrats to ignore the wishes of over 15 million primary voters and just select a candidate without an open primary (editorial: just for the record, for the situation that one Joe Biden put them in, at this point there's really nothing else they can do).

Person from Democrat Party: You know who my favorite president of all time is? Abraham Lincoln who incidentally was a Republican. Do you know how many primary votes he got? Zero!

Talk Show Host: Isn't that a little different in that they didn't have primaries in the 1860s?

Person from Democrat Party: See! You're making my point. We're just going to do what the Republicans did in the 1860s to select the greatest president of all time!

Talk Show Host: Well, then why did you waste all of that time and money on a series of primaries?

Person from Democrat Party: I think we can all agree that the voice of the people is critical to our democracy.

It's like every time you listen to these political people (on either side) it kills brain cells and makes you want to pour gas on yourself and set yourself on fire.

If you feel you need to delete, fine. Just had to share this mind numbing interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News