Lincoln100

Head Coach
Jun 16, 2010
O:

Wan'Dale, Manning, Adrian, Luke?

D:

Cam, JoJo, D. Williams?

Is that it? Anyone else?

I would add Dedrick Mills and Alante Brown to the mix. And someone from the Betts, Sevion Morrison, Marvin Scott III, and Rahmir Johnson mix will also provide some punch this season.

I get it, but I'm putting "playmaker" in that category where they can make you exclaim "holy sh!t" after they do something. Mills is going to have a solid year and he's a good back, but I don't think he's a "holy sh!t" type player. As for the other guys, there's a lot of expectation there, but I'm not expecting playmaker type stuff this year. Mannings in for obvious reasons.

My speculation how it plays Out:

Offense:

Wandale - On preseason award lists and I think he will have a good year as long as we have at least 2-3 good backs.
Mills - As long as we can find a couple of suitable backups, he is in for a big year
Volo - Hopefully gives us a decent TE weapon
QB - If Adrian doesn't live up to the hype again does Luke or Logan come into make plays?
Jaimes - Not a Playmaker, but hopefully can continue to be real good

Under the Radar - Alante & Manning. Big time hype and excited to see if they can perform.

Overall - I think we have a ton of unproven talent, and I hope Lubick and Frost can get them rolling. There are plenty of other guys that could shine

Defense:

Ty Rob - I think with his frame, he is going to make some things happen. Bat some passes and help control the line
D. Williams - Dude plays fast and I think will make some plays, just has to stay healthy
JoJo - Just a football player and makes things happen

Under the Radar - Reimer

Defense: Just hope to be serviceable. I think we have some talent, just need to show flashes at a minimum of said talent at some pount

Reactions: huskerssalts
Adrian, Wandale, Cam Taylor, and JoJo. Adrian and JoJo just need to continue to make plays for our team and not the opponent.

I’m gonna take a different approach on this one and say Cam Jurgens is gonna pull and destroy some LBs and/or DBs to open up some massive running lanes. He’s the most athletic on the line and they’ll put that athleticism to good use.

We also need special teams playmakers this year.

Offense: Manning, Wandale, Adrian

Defense: D. Williams, Ty Robinson, G. Nelson

I absolutely expect he will be a playmaker. He did more as a true freshman than Ty Robinson who a lot of people are also naming as a playmaker.

Here’s the biggest difference, Nelson played at a spot that had a bunch of question marks and players not doing their duties. So he got his chance and playing time. Now Ty Robinson on the other hand was behind 3 NFL Dlinemen and several others with playing time and experience. So yeah, that’s a little different my man.

Everyone is sleeping on Deontre Thomas

actually not at all. I posted a thread about him and how I felt he’d break out completely this year. A former Top 250 4 star DT (ranking via 24/7 and ESPN) from Oklahoma and he actually did solid to good as a true freshman until he got hurt. Sounds like he’s poised to break out again. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyldcard
Here’s the biggest difference, Nelson played at a spot that had a bunch of question marks and players not doing their duties. So he got his chance and playing time. Now Ty Robinson on the other hand was behind 3 NFL Dlinemen and several others with playing time and experience. So yeah, that’s a little different my man.
Yeah. I have a lot more hope for Robinson then G. Nelson. Because you are loud and whatever does not make you a talent. Seems like a good, motivated kid, but he probably wouldn't make the three deep on a top 25 team.

Yeah. I have a lot more hope for Robinson then G. Nelson. Because you are loud and whatever does not make you a talent. Seems like a good, motivated kid, but he probably wouldn't make the three deep on a top 25 team.

I disagree.

While I do believe his best position would be a hand-down DE in an even front, he will still end up being a player at Nebraska.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT