ADVERTISEMENT

"Playing for iowa football was a living nightmare.."

If I read some things correctly when this first popped up, it sounded like Wadley had a brother and he tried to talk his brother into going to Iowa?? Does that sound like a living hell? ...and who is the guy who posted in that Tweet about doing all the graphic design for Truvision and has yet to be paid for the work? Is Wadley involved with Truvision??? Unless I am wrong, and if I am I'll come back and post it right here and admit it...it just seems to me like this doesn't really add up.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If I read some things correctly when this first popped up, it sounded like Wadley had a brother and he tried to talk his brother into going to Iowa?? Does that sound like a living hell? ...and who is the guy who posted in that Tweet about doing all the graphic design for Truvision and has yet to be paid for the work? Is Wadley involved with Truvision??? Unless I am wrong, and if I am I'll come back and post it right here and admit it...it just seems to me like this doesn't really add up.
Iowa fans claim he also no-showed autograph appearances and then blocked the people he owed money to on social media.

As I read many comments in here I'm always shocked to see how many of you wish to see subpar results from the other teams in the BIG. Whatever happened to holding NU to a higher standard? We all bitch about the attention the SEC gets but isn't that what we should want? to be the best in the toughest division? why are folks now happy with just skating by?

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Iowa fans claim he also no-showed autograph appearances and then blocked the people he owed money to on social media.

He sounds like a total dickhead with zero integrity to me, and it makes me a little sad to see so many people literally rooting for his B.S. to be true. Reason #523 I hate social media, the way dickheads use it to bully people, like he's doing here.

I would take Wadley's comments with a grain of salt. A "consider the source" type of thing. Sounds like some of the coaches (including B. Ferentz) are assholes, though.

As I read many comments in here I'm always shocked to see how many of you wish to see subpar results from the other teams in the BIG. Whatever happened to holding NU to a higher standard? We all bitch about the attention the SEC gets but isn't that what we should want? to be the best in the toughest division? why are folks now happy with just skating by?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Iowa posters who live on this board and spew trash all day.

What are you talking about? Iowa trolls are over here way too much... this has less to do with the football team and more to do about the fans who run their mouths here.

I would take Wadley's comments with a grain of salt. A "consider the source" type of thing. Sounds like some of the coaches (including B. Ferentz) are assholes, though.

I actually agree. Most of what I have read coming out of Iowa City isn't that bad to me. Yes, they are definitely assholes, but trying to pin it on racism doesn't quite get there for me. Should it have been said....No, but going after it as systematic racism is a stretch from what I have seen. There may be some worse stuff that I haven't read, but seems just like a lot of sour grapes...

Yet he didn’t transfer. Yet he and his mother campaigned for Iowa to offer his little brother. Yet he tweeted many times how much he loved being a Hawkeye and can’t wait to get back to the I.C. to see a game and visit. He had an attitude and asked for some of the things he now says scared him for life.

Reactions: CatColumbia
The bad part about all this is perception is reality to most. False claims or not, the damage is being done.

Honestly I don't care what Kirk does. That's Iowa's problem and they can deal with it. As a Nebraska fan, I just hope they keep Kirk in the job for a long time to come.
I don't. Yes the guy is an average coach. Yes I don't think Nebraska will have much issues with him if he stays,but he is the best they have had the last 50 years. When he goes I don't see any other coach being able to get Iowa to 8 or 9 wins most years. When he goes Iowa will be stuck taking chances on low level coaches or assistants. They will never get a decent coach to coach there. If they do manage to hit on one they will bail for a better school the second they can. Basically KF is the life blood of Iowa football, once KF is gone Iowa is toast they all know it. I would love nothing more than for Iowa to take a nose dive the next 15-20 years. Their dip shit fans would deserve every bit of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkerInCo
What are you talking about? Iowa trolls are over here way too much... this has less to do with the football team and more to do about the fans who run their mouths here.

I guess I was talking about the BIG as a whole not just Iowa but since you narrowed it down... I'd rather NU pulverize Iowa as a "Good Team" than just skate by... I hate Iowa with a passion but I do want them good so when we get back to a level of dominance and destroy them it's that much sweeter...

The bad part about all this is perception is reality to most. False claims or not, the damage is being done.

I cannot stand where we're at now with people (and not just football players), trashing and bullying people as soon as they get some news that they don't like, or don't get their way, or get their feelings hurt. We're not doing them any favors here when we legitimize them, because the real world will just quietly go in a different direction rather than choose to deal with somebody with that track record. Do people think they are always going to like their boss, or agree with the people in positions of authority?

I don't. Yes the guy is an average coach. Yes I don't think Nebraska will have much issues with him if he stays,but he is the best they have had the last 50 years. When he goes I don't see any other coach being able to get Iowa to 8 or 9 wins most years. When he goes Iowa will be stuck taking chances on low level coaches or assistants. They will never get a decent coach to coach there. If they do manage to hit on one they will bail for a better school the second they can. Basically KF is the life blood of Iowa football, once KF is gone Iowa is toast they all know it. I would love nothing more than for Iowa to take a nose dive the next 15-20 years. Their dip shit fans would deserve every bit of it.
I agree, KF is the only thing keeping Iowa from becoming Kansas.

You gotta love the people attacking Wadley as if that absolves Ku Klux Kirk from helming quite possibly the most racist football program in the country at the University of Iowa.

I cannot stand where we're at now with people (and not just football players), trashing and bullying people as soon as they get some news that they don't like, or don't get their way, or get their feelings hurt. We're not doing them any favors here when we legitimize them, because the real world will just quietly go in a different direction rather than choose to deal with somebody with that track record. Do people think they are always going to like their boss, or agree with the people in positions of authority?
hear, hear! long live King George III!

You gotta love the people attacking Wadley as if that absolves Ku Klux Kirk from helming quite possibly the most racist football program in the country at the University of Iowa.

Wadley deserves it, he opened this can of worms up, and he deserves everything he gets.

Reactions: scarletred
Wadley deserves it, he opened this can of worms up, and he deserves everything he gets.

Ku Klux Kirk and the University of Iowa's fourth reich football program deserve everything they get. I could care less if Wadley didn't show up to sign a few autographs.

Ku Klux Kirk and the University of Iowa's fourth reich football program deserve everything they get. I could care less if Wadley didn't show up to sign a few autographs.

I think you meant to say you "couldn't care less" ...but setting that aside, why would you be OK with somebody lying and trashing another person and trying to kill them publicly with false information? There appears to be a lot more than Wadley not showing up to sign a few autographs. How strange of you to latch onto one small piece of the story to justify your hatred and intolerance.

I think you meant to say you "couldn't care less" ...but setting that aside, why would you be OK with somebody lying and trashing another person and trying to kill them publicly with false information? There appears to be a lot more than Wadley not showing up to sign a few autographs. How strange of you to latch onto one small piece of the story to justify your hatred and intolerance.

No, I mean exactly what I said. The young man should still strive to honor his obligations (if they are indeed true claims), but does it really matter if he did or did not show up to sign a few autographs when Ku Klux Kirk has him and other black players under a heavy blanket of racial oppression?

I'm sorry but you do not sound like a well-adjusted person to believe that dozens of former Iowa football players are making stories up about their time served under the Fourth Reich of Ku Klux Kirk Ferentz and the University of Iowa football program.

I don't know what this means...Did King George play for Iowa?
of course you don't. you don't think legitimizing people who have real gripes with authority is a good thing, yet espouse the righteousness of personal freedom (obtained by the legitimization of people with real gripes with authority) when it's convenient for you.

'do people think they're always going to agree with people in positions of authority?' please save this thought. people in positions of authority can F off if their M-O is to browbeat subordinates at every turn. authority is earned and rent is due every day.

1776. look it up.

Last edited:
No, I mean exactly what I said. The young man should still strive to honor his obligations (if they are indeed true claims), but does it really matter if he did or did not show up to sign a few autographs when Ku Klux Kirk has him and other black players under a heavy blanket of racial oppression?

I'm sorry but you do not sound like a well-adjusted person to believe that dozens of former Iowa football players are making stories up about their time served under the Fourth Reich of Ku Klux Kirk Ferentz and the University of Iowa football program.

Heavy racial oppression? Where in the hell did you pull that one from? Telling someone not to park in a no parking zone?

I guess I was talking about the BIG as a whole not just Iowa but since you narrowed it down... I'd rather NU pulverize Iowa as a "Good Team" than just skate by... I hate Iowa with a passion but I do want them good so when we get back to a level of dominance and destroy them it's that much sweeter...
I don’t disagree with you at all. What I am saying is the people wishing for Iowa to suck are saying that not so that we have an easier path in the West... it’s because of the Iowa fans. That’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: loper
Your rhetoric is absurd. When people invoke kkk or nazism into their arguments, they lose all credibility. Try to form a rational, coherent thought.

I think the conclusion people are arriving at is that Kirk and other coaches have a history of some problematic policies and attitudes and that Wadley is very flawed and inconsistent in his past actions and statements. I'm not quick to take either side. Both sides share some guilt here.

Your rhetoric is absurd. When people invoke kkk or nazism into their arguments, they lose all credibility. Try to form a rational, coherent thought.

I think the conclusion people are arriving at is that Kirk and other coaches have a history of some problematic policies and attitudes and that Wadley is very flawed and inconsistent in his past actions and statements. I'm not quick to take either side. Both sides share some guilt here.

Except dozens of other players have already come out and said the same things. Iowa has already fired their S&C coach. Yet you're not quick to take either side and hilariously say "both sides share some guilt here." Whatever personal flaws Wadley has are irrelevant.

We are dealing with one of the most reprehensible and deep-rooted racist institutions when it comes to the University of Iowa football program. Find another football program operating like this. The Department of Justice should be stepping in very soon to investigate these cretins. We may also be looking at some civil rights violations and hate crime enhancement penalties for the jack-booted thugs involved.

Agree there is enough there from other former players to suggest Iowa, KF and many other coaches have some racist tendencies. As far as Wadley, his argument is pretty weak and think he just jumped on the chance to join the party and get some attention.

Reactions: HuskerO
what does it say? I'm at work and twitter is blocked

It's an image, but I think one of the responses below it sums up some of the posting in this thread:

Braden Conyers
@BradenConyers

·
12h
Replying to
@kroymann27
He didn’t say he didn’t like the school, he didn’t say he didn’t like the city. He didn’t say he didn’t enjoy his time on campus. He said he could not stand the coaching staff. What is up with you white guys refusing to listen to a black man’s experience?

Reactions: 9and4
It's an image, but I think one of the responses below it sums up some of the posting in this thread:

Braden Conyers
@BradenConyers

·
12h
Replying to
@kroymann27
He didn’t say he didn’t like the school, he didn’t say he didn’t like the city. He didn’t say he didn’t enjoy his time on campus. He said he could not stand the coaching staff. What is up with you white guys refusing to listen to a black man’s experience?
what did the image show?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT