ADVERTISEMENT

Players playing in 2020 more draftable than those that are not

OxfordComma

Feb 4, 2020
Steelers GM:
However, the players that get the opportunity to play and choose to play, we feel more comfortable in their evaluations,” Colbert said. “Because I just don’t know, sitting out a year, what those players are going to look like having missed the season. There’s just not a real natural source of information saying, ‘Well, when this player sits out, he’ll be this’ because we just don’t know. We respect the fact that they aren’t playing, but we also have to make the best decisions and I think the best decisions we’ll be able to make are the ones where we can see them play in 2020.”

Steelers GM:
However, the players that get the opportunity to play and choose to play, we feel more comfortable in their evaluations,” Colbert said. “Because I just don’t know, sitting out a year, what those players are going to look like having missed the season. There’s just not a real natural source of information saying, ‘Well, when this player sits out, he’ll be this’ because we just don’t know. We respect the fact that they aren’t playing, but we also have to make the best decisions and I think the best decisions we’ll be able to make are the ones where we can see them play in 2020.”

Yeah this is a problem. “If” they play a spring season, it seems the NFL draft should just get moved back a month or more.
I’m sure there’s inconveniences associated to that, but it’s a long enough off season. Make it work.

Any reasonable person agrees with this. If they are this worried, they should quit football altogether.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT