ADVERTISEMENT

Players on campus today. Some working out, some on officials.

Tuco Salamanca

Athletic Director
Aug 18, 2016
Albuquerque
It will be interesting to see who sticks around for the camp tonight. Also heard an interesting rumor that the Gretna QB Zane Flores, may be making an appearance tonight.

Official Visitors -

Richard Torres - QB - 3 star - San Antonio, Texas
Justin Williams - RB - 4 star- Dallas, GA
Landon Samson - WR - 3 star - Southlake, Texas
Chase Androff - TE - 3 star - Lakeville, Minnesota
Ashton Craig - OL - 3 star - Lawrenceburg, IN
Valen Erickson - OL - 3 star - Chicago, IL
Nico Davillier - DL(NT) - 3 star - Maumelle, AR
Jalen Marshall - DL - 3 star - Overland Park, KS

Working out - most are no stars or unevaluated by the services, some are 2 stars.

Tyler Turner - QB
Ryan Browne - QB
Owen Bainbridge - QB
Gavin Logemann - WR
Brayden Loftin -WR
John Pastore - OL
Luke Vonderhaar - OL
Kale Krogh - OL
Kytan Fyfe - ATH
Cory Hollinger - ATH
Sam Rensch - ATH
Gage Tennyson - DB
Kai McIntyre - DB
Jordan Vanden Berg - DL
Cody Silzer - DL
Cole Silzer - OLB
Cameron Cope - OLB
Aidan Kilstrom - OLB
Mack Owens - LB

It will be interesting to see who sticks around for the camp tonight. Also heard an interesting rumor that the Gretna QB Zane Flores, may be making an appearance tonight.

Official Visitors -

Working out - most are no stars or unevaluated by the services, some are 2 stars.

Tyler Turner - QB
Ryan Browne - QB
Owen Bainbridge - QB
Gavin Logemann - WR
Brayden Loftin -WR
John Pastore - OL
Luke Vonderhaar - OL
Kale Krogh - OL
Kytan Fyfe - ATH
Cory Hollinger - ATH
Sam Rensch - ATH
Gage Tennyson - DB
Kai McIntyre - DB
Jordan Vanden Berg - DL
Cody Silzer - DL
Cole Silzer - OLB
Cameron Cope - OLB
Aidan Kilstrom - OLB
Mack Owens - LB
Are the kids "working out" going to be at the camp tonight also?

I am not sure, I was just sent this list from a friend of mine. I would hope they all camp, what better way to show out than being better than one of the official visitors.
the kids on their OVs will not be participating in the camp is my understanding.

The Samson kid is interesting to me because he is one of the top targets for Quin Ewers the stud QB going to tOSU. When you watch them play, he is the guy that always makes a play and doesn't look like he should be able to. Dont get me wrong, he is athletic, to me, he is the guy that pisses you off when he is on the other team, but love him when he is on yours.

He runs good routes, has good hands, played in both the slot and the outside receiver. I think his biggest negative is that he can be jammed by a bigger corner. In high school, he gets off the line quick and some of defenders were tentative to play him up tight because if he gets by you he has enough speed to take it to the house. He had something like 1300 yards and 15 TD in 14 games.

Jordan Vanden Berg is a Covid year anomaly.

He walked on to Iowa Western as a full qualifier. So he could have went to a JUCO then to a D1 school and have immediate eligibility and have 5 years to play 4.
Word is he got a Husker offer. Bad news is he is going to Iowa, Penn St and Auburn over the next few weeks.

Official Visitors -

Tyler Turner - QB
Ryan Browne - QB
Owen Bainbridge - QB
Gavin Logemann - WR
Brayden Loftin -WR
John Pastore - OL
Luke Vonderhaar - OL
Kale Krogh - OL
Kytan Fyfe - ATH
Cory Hollinger - ATH
Sam Rensch - ATH
Gage Tennyson - DB
Kai McIntyre - DB
Jordan Vanden Berg - DL
Cody Silzer - DL
Cole Silzer - OLB
Cameron Cope - OLB
Aidan Kilstrom - OLB
Mack Owens - LB

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/2023-te-commit-finally-meets-husker-staff
"It was good," Brahmer said. "It was good to get out there on the field and compete against some good defenders. It was a great experience to get down there and compete a little bit."

Brahmer committed to Nebraska back in April and did it without having met anyone on the staff from NU. Tonight was the first opportunity for that to happen.

"That was the first time I met the coaches tonight. All of them. I finally got to meet coach (Sean) Beckton, coach (Scott) Frost, coach (Barrett) Ruud and some of the player personnel staff."
Besides meeting the coaches, Brahmer also had an opportunity to meet a few of the current Nebraska players, and he also saw some of the official visitors for Nebraska this weekend walking around during the camp.
"I met some of the players tonight," Brahmer said. "I chatted with
Thomas Fidone
and caught a ball from
Adrian Martinez
Zavier Betts
was coaching a little bit at tight ends, too. Some of the official visitors were there this weekend, too."

Brahmer will be back in Lincoln in two weeks for another camp and a recruiting event that Nebraska is holding.
"I will do the BBQ and the camp after that on the 18th. I am working out with the team and we have some team camps this summer, too."
The Huskers were the second school to offer the talented junior-to-be. Since committing he has picked up another offer, but none of the schools have been staying in touch recently.
"Since committing to Nebraska everything has gone quiet with other schools. I haven't talked to Iowa State for a while. I got offered by Georgia Tech after I committed, but I don't know how that happened."

Official Visitors -

Tyler Turner - QB
Ryan Browne - QB
Owen Bainbridge - QB
Gavin Logemann - WR
Brayden Loftin -WR
John Pastore - OL
Luke Vonderhaar - OL
Kale Krogh - OL
Kytan Fyfe - ATH
Cory Hollinger - ATH
Sam Rensch - ATH
Gage Tennyson - DB
Kai McIntyre - DB
Jordan Vanden Berg - DL
Cody Silzer - DL
Cole Silzer - OLB
Cameron Cope - OLB
Aidan Kilstrom - OLB
Mack Owens - LB
One thing I think we're overlooking when talking about star rankings and evaluations is that a HUGE number of kids weren't allowed to participate in sports this past year. Add to it no camps until this summer to speak of. It's one of the reasons that in person work outs are taking place and are of HUGE importance for the kids and us. Think of how much some of those kids have changed in the past year.

IMO, COVID is doing a couple of things. One is that the extra year of eligibility has greatly reduced the number of spots available for kids. The other will be that there are going to be some tremendous athletes that fall through the cracks and are going to end up either at P5 schools with scholarships left to fill this fall OR at smaller programs that could have never wished for the kind of talent they'll bring. Yes OSU, Clemson and Bama will still get their's but I'm not too worried about filling the class right now. A good start this fall will ring the bell for us in recruiting. If we fall on our faces we'll be screwed regardless. Personally I'm in the camp of let's win some games and see who joins up in late September.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyLvr and GILL T
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT