ADVERTISEMENT

Players can wear social justice patches on jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the idea is to support a team without the stink of political acts on it.... Nebraska stopped being that team at least a month ago.

The players were already participating in protests and Scott has welcomed them having a voice in racial matters.

Because not allowing it would lead to mass exodus. He is no different than the silent CEOs of the business world. Those people saw what happened to Goya and now Red Bull, so they sit silent rather than offend 50% of their market and deal with all the backlash.

Reactions: HuskerDubby
I have a pro-life plate. Makes me feel like a real controversial bad boy. Was wondering if the NCAA would approve of a pro-life message, while they are on a social justice bender.
Since sport teams are struggling to keep their historical names, maybe they could rename them after the causes themselves
The Fightin’ PreMe’s for pro life
For birth control a name like the University of Virginia Double Baggers

Because not allowing it would lead to mass exodus. He is no different than the silent CEOs of the business world. Those people saw what happened to Goya and now Red Bull, so they sit silent rather than offend 50% of their market and deal with all the backlash.

90% of whom don’t know why they are offended, they just know that they are supposed to be, so they follow the other sheep

Scott is allowed an opinion too. If advocating against the protesters was a big enough issue for him he's free to choose between the furtherance of his personal wealth and maybe some football games vs the direction of his country.

If you wanna argue some football games are more important to Scott than his world view than go ahead but I don't agree that should be the case if you have your priorities right.

Instead of swearing off watching a team or entire sport, maybe ask why players feel so passionate about something that they want to wear it on their jerseys. Most of us (whether it be from skin color or geography or financial status) have no idea what a day in the life of these players is like. I prefer to have an open mind and desire to understand instead of bashing 20 year olds for wanting to make change.
20 year olds who support Marxism wont get my support

Nebraska has already been a program that has players active in protests as of a month ago. With the support of the highest paid public employee in the state. You've drawn the line at University approved patches which may hit the field in a month which is arbitrary... Nebraska is already a SJW program. Which you claim to not support but have yet to make good on your claim to walk away.

Reactions: kakdawg
Scott is allowed an opinion too. If advocating against the protesters was a big enough issue for him he's free to choose between the furtherance of his personal wealth and maybe some football games vs the direction of his country.

If you wanna argue some football games are more important to Scott than his world view than go ahead but I don't agree that should be the case if you have your priorities right.

Cmon now. You know as well as I do there is a huge difference between having an opinion and voicing an opinion. In the current climate, it would be career suicide to do anything other than allow the players to do this.

That is why all of the major sports leagues and now the NCAA fell to their knees. Saying no would have led to player walk outs, getting bashed by the media. Frost can still have an opinion, if it is contrary to that of his players, voicing it would not have been the best thing for him on any level.

Those organizations don't want to lose a portion of their audience, but they are going to either way. I am a huge sports fan, but I will not watch another pro sports game. Just won't. Sports were an escape, now they aren't.

20 year olds who support Marxism wont get my support

You have to be able to separate the difference between the "organization" and the movement. The movement has some very real concerns, the "organization" is just people trying to get rich off the movement.

I can get behind many of the concerns of African Americans, what I can't get behind is the lawlessness, the riots and hate.

Nebraska has already been a program that has players active in protests as of a month ago. With the support of the highest paid public employee in the state. You've drawn the line at University approved patches which may hit the field in a month which is arbitrary... Nebraska is already a SJW program. Which you claim to not support but have yet to make good on your claim to walk away.

Actually, the statement he put out, I came on this site and disagreed with it. That thread was locked, probably because I used his name. Regarding players out there doing their own thing? Not remotely close to a university taking a position. I’m sure you can understand the difference. As I said with professionals, do what you do, but when the organization succumbs to it, I’m done. This is no different.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Cmon now. You know as well as I do there is a huge difference between having an opinion and voicing an opinion. In the current climate, it would be career suicide to do anything other than allow the players to do this.

That is why all of the major sports leagues and now the NCAA fell to their knees. Saying no would have led to player walk outs, getting bashed by the media. Frost can still have an opinion, if it is contrary to that of his players, voicing it would not have been the best thing for him on any level.

Those organizations don't want to lose a portion of their audience, but they are going to either way. I am a huge sports fan, but I will not watch another pro sports game. Just won't. Sports were an escape, now they aren't.

This can't continue to be an excuse if you want to push back and have your POV gain traction. I happen to think even if Scott has some concern because of his personal viewpoint, he genuinely believes he's doing right by the players to allow them to voice their opinion in various outlets, rather than simply being shouted down for fear of his own well being.

Folks like yourself are going to have to figure out whats more important big picture, your job or you country. Folks are putting a high level of time and effort into these recent movements and are making good headway. Folks who don't share that BLM POV, if they want to gain any traction, can't continue to pretend they can fight back between Rivals highlight clips and the 10pm weather report. They are going to have to take alot of incoming.

Actually, the statement he put out, I came on this site and disagreed with it. That thread was locked, probably because I used his name. Regarding players out there doing their own thing? Not remotely close to a university taking a position. I’m sure you can understand the difference. As I said with professionals, do what you do, but when the organization succumbs to it, I’m done. This is no different.

Players were doing their own thing, and the University wasn't involved.

Until their top paid, most famous employee came out in support of it. I get what you are saying, no one has approved patches yet from the luxury box, but we are already painfully close to that point already. Frost is the face of this program locally and nationally, not some bureaucrat.

This can't continue to be an excuse if you want to push back and have your POV gain traction. I happen to think even if Scott has some concern because of his personal viewpoint, he genuinely believes he's doing right by the players to allow them to voice their opinion in various outlets, rather than simply being shouted down for fear of his own well being.

Folks like yourself are going to have to figure out whats more important big picture, your job or you country. Folks are putting a high level of time and effort into these recent movements and are making good headway. Folks who don't share that BLM POV, if they want to gain any traction, can't continue to pretend they can fight back between Rivals highlight clips and the 10pm weather report. They are going to have to take alot of incoming.

It comes in the form of a vote. I don't have time to argue with every Tom, Dick and Harry at the school over BLM, abortion, death penalty or anything else. I am there to teach kids. Period end of story.

I get stopped enough by people at the grocery store or the local convenience store, who know I teach and they want to tell me what a dumb idea it is to start school. I just say, call the superintendent, that is way above my pay grade.

It comes in the form of a vote. I don't have time to argue with every Tom, Dick and Harry at the school over BLM, abortion, death penalty or anything else. I am there to teach kids. Period end of story.

I get stopped enough by people at the grocery store or the local convenience store, who know I teach and they want to tell me what a dumb idea it is to start school. I just say, call the superintendent, that is way above my pay grade.

I mean, that's your choice. When the other side is sacrificing everything, including careers to further something, and we aren't. I can tell you who will win most of the time.

Not all that different from football, and who has accountability in the weight room, and who doesn't.

I mean, that's your choice. When the other side is sacrificing everything, including careers to further something, and we aren't. I can tell you who will win most of the time.

Not all that different from football, and who has accountability in the weight room, and who doesn't.

What careers are they sacrificing? Most of the noise is coming from a bunch of 20-35 year old white women and a some white hooligans.

So when are you sacrificing your career to further the cause?

Yelling loudest doesn't make you right, it just makes you loud. That isn't accountability.

You have to be able to separate the difference between the "organization" and the movement. The movement has some very real concerns, the "organization" is just people trying to get rich off the movement.

I can get behind many of the concerns of African Americans, what I can't get behind is the lawlessness, the riots and hate.

You are a vet, I'm not, although I've been in the defense community my whole career and have deployed several times. I'm personally not bothered by the kneeling and all that, although I personally would find some other outlet if I were in their shoes.

I am not in support of the rioting. If they want to hang around and chant and wave signs and stuff, fine, that's a protest. But destroying stuff and carrying on has gone over the line of protest.

Players were doing their own thing, and the University wasn't involved.

Until their top paid, most famous employee came out in support of it. I get what you are saying, no one has approved patches yet from the luxury box, but we are already painfully close to that point already. Frost is the face of this program locally and nationally, not some bureaucrat.

And as I said, Frosts statement was misguided and I disagree with it. He may just be doing things in the name of self preservation. Now, if he supports some virtue signaling campaign against almost nobody in this country who disagrees with it (don’t tell anyone), he can continue to move along with the herd. He’s got plenty of pull, and if he yanks enough chains, and they go along with it, that’ll do it for me.

And as I said, Frosts statement was misguided and I disagree with it. He may just be doing things in the name of self preservation. Now, if he supports some virtue signaling campaign against almost nobody in this country who disagrees with it (don’t tell anyone), he can continue to move along with the herd. He’s got plenty of pull, and if he yanks enough chains, and they go along with it, that’ll do it for me.

Yah what I expect will happen is somebody in a suit will ask Scott if he has a problem with it. He'll probably say no, and that will be that. We'll have a selection of a handful of approved messages.

You are a vet, I'm not, although I've been in the defense community my whole career and have deployed several times. I'm personally not bothered by the kneeling and all that, although I personally would find some other outlet if I were in their shoes.

I am not in support of the rioting. If they want to hang around and chant and wave signs and stuff, fine, that's a protest. But destroying stuff and carrying on has gone over the line of protest.

I do have a problem with kneeling but that is my problem, I fought for their right to protest and they have the right. But like you said, I think it is a silly outlet, it doesn't change anyone's opinion. You are either for or against, and when they kneel, you are still for or against.

edit - The problem is that the looting, rioting and lawlessness is taking away from the real issues. If I were an African American or someone fighting for what I believed to be racial injustice, I would take this time to step away from those groups and get the message back on tract. Today would have been a perfect time for Obama to rally the troops, say something like because of people like John Lewis, who forged the way, we are able to accomplish so many things, I, a black man, was President and leader of the free world. Instead he went the other way and did nothing to unify anyone except the white radicals.

Last edited:
I do have a problem with kneeling but that is my problem, I fought for their right to protest and they have the right. But like you said, I think it is a silly outlet, it doesn't change anyone's opinion. You are either for or against, and when they kneel, you are still for or against.

edit - The problem is that the looting, rioting and lawlessness is taking away from the real issues. If I were an African American or someone fighting for what I believed to be racial injustice, I would take this time to step away from those groups and get the message back on tract. Today would have been a perfect time for Obama to rally the troops, say something like because of people like John Lewis, who forged the way, we are able to accomplish so many things, I, a black man, was President and leader of the free world. Instead he went the other way and did nothing to unify anyone except the white radicals.

Well, the white radicals (the aforementioned middle aged white women you mentioned) are the "troops".

Probably not the way I would have done the eulogy (I haven't seen all of it but some of the highlights), but at the same time, I do think Lewis would have loved it. Lewis and Obama had a good relationship, for all we know Lewis gave him the ok. He did have the foresight to pen a posthumous opinion piece for the NYT.

Well, the white radicals (the aforementioned middle aged white women you mentioned) are the "troops".

Probably not the way I would have done the eulogy (I haven't seen all of it but some of the highlights), but at the same time, I do think Lewis would have loved it. Lewis and Obama had a good relationship, for all we know Lewis gave him the ok. He did have the foresight to pen a posthumous opinion piece for the NYT.

Foresight? He started penning his obit 50 years before his death. He wasn't a hero. He helped MLKjr that's true . . . but he never believed someone should be judged on their character rather than skin pigment. He helped erase the forward strides he fought for by being slavishly devoted to a party which would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.

To paraphrase Orwell:

all lives matter. Some just matter more than others now.

Matthew 10 12-14
12 “What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13 And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14 In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.

If anyone can got to BLM website, read what they stand for and still support them, then we are in deep sh!t as a country. They are one on the largest hate groups and marxist organizations around. They are worse than the KKK

BLM body count vs. KKK’s?

Reactions: Thor4NU
Can they post graphs on jerseys?

55543733_w2d4728ec-67d5-41aa-8a0a-2ee0def8c311.jpg

Foresight? He started penning his obit 50 years before his death. He wasn't a hero. He helped MLKjr that's true . . . but he never believed someone should be judged on their character rather than skin pigment. He helped erase the forward strides he fought for by being slavishly devoted to a party which would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.

See folks, its not impossible to have a contrarian opinion and still be part of the crowd.

Assuming you don't have a foot in the ground yourself, you should have plenty of time to work towards correcting his ills.

See folks, its not impossible to have a contrarian opinion and still be part of the crowd.

Assuming you don't have a foot in the ground yourself, you should have plenty of time to work towards correcting his ills.

And it is a whole lot easier to post that opinion on an anonymous message board. I can be as controversial as I want if no one knows my name, what I do and where I live.

Not saying @JoelBittner doesn't post his true opinion out in the open. I am just telling you, if I want to keep my job, I can't share that opinion. I am not quite ready to retire yet.

I don't care what they wear as long as they win more games. Just like I could care less if they are hitting bongs after practice. Win. And don't get arrested. I can tolerate paying for a "donation" and season tickets if we're winning and we have ugly stupid patches. I can't tolerate paying for season tickets without patches if we're losing all the time.

I looked up Lewis and his congressional history, from what I found he never introduced a bill for civil rights, zero. He might have meant well before being elected but just fill his pockets after being elected jmo

What? Gee, thank you Sean Hannity, for that brilliant insight.

Reactions: Thor4NU
It’s in support of a narrative, a bad one, that is being pushed by a fringe that is, frankly, full of it. That may not be the intent of some
of the players, but it is where the message is today. Let’s try it this way, who believes in hate? Show me all of those people that believe in hate, and that are against equality.

Still waiting for an answer on this. Who is it, specifically, that is in support of hate and are against equality? All these protests and all of these riots resulting in millions of dollars in damages and people dying. Why? Who, specifically, supports hate and inequality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT