ADVERTISEMENT

Players can wear social justice patches on jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't care what causes players support outside of the game but I think it is a major mistake to be supporting ANY causes as part of a game or uniform if you're part of a public university. Who gets to decide what is sanctioned and what isn't sanctioned? It's a very slippery slope IMO when politics of any sort become part of the game itself. Should there be Democrat or Republican campaign stickers allowed in an election year?

There's so much social media access these days, it's just not necessary to bring politics into a sports game in order to have voices heard. JMO.

Just wear a patch that says "I support everything" or "everything matters".
Check.
Done.
Go about your business as usual.
Reminds me of the Ralph Cox quote from "Miracle": "Uhh I'm Ralph Cox, and I'm from wherever's not gonna get me hit."
im-ralph-cox-nhl-trolls-and-im-from-wherevers-not-851896.png

Reactions: BigRedBugeaters
Patches have to be identical by players that wear them and conferences or unis must approve. Scott has indicated support for this type of voice in the past so we seem likely to ok something.

Get a clue? You didn’t even see this coming yesterday. If they all get on board with lameassness, so be it.

Yesterday I was thinking whether you cared about watching sports or not.. Obviously the BLM movement means more than watching sports and I understand that part but not as far as college sports.. Too each his own.

Instead of swearing off watching a team or entire sport, maybe ask why players feel so passionate about something that they want to wear it on their jerseys. Most of us (whether it be from skin color or geography or financial status) have no idea what a day in the life of these players is like. I prefer to have an open mind and desire to understand instead of bashing 20 year olds for wanting to make change.

This is a slippery slope
Right along with the State of Nebraska and its specialty license plates that are pro life, etc
I’d rather keep all that out of state institutions if at all possible
Special interest groups shouldn’t have a foothold in these venues, football included in public institutions or state and local government

Reactions: Yossarian23
If the idea is to support a team without the stink of political acts on it.... Nebraska stopped being that team at least a month ago.

The players were already participating in protests and Scott has welcomed them having a voice in racial matters.

Instead of swearing off watching a team or entire sport, maybe ask why players feel so passionate about something that they want to wear it on their jerseys. Most of us (whether it be from skin color or geography or financial status) have no idea what a day in the life of these players is like. I prefer to have an open mind and desire to understand instead of bashing 20 year olds for wanting to make change.

It’s in support of a narrative, a bad one, that is being pushed by a fringe that is, frankly, full of it. That may not be the intent of some
of the players, but it is where the message is today. Let’s try it this way, who believes in hate? Show me all of those people that believe in hate, and that are against equality.

After watching the U and several other college football documentaries, I agree. Their college experience was much different than mine. Whoop, whoop, whoop!

This is a slippery slope
Right along with the State of Nebraska and its specialty license plates that are pro life, etc
I’d rather keep all that out of state institutions if at all possible
Special interest groups shouldn’t have a foothold in these venues, football included in public institutions or state and local government
I have a pro-life plate. Makes me feel like a real controversial bad boy. Was wondering if the NCAA would approve of a pro-life message, while they are on a social justice bender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT