ADVERTISEMENT

Players can wear social justice patches on jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a slippery slope
Right along with the State of Nebraska and its specialty license plates that are pro life, etc
I’d rather keep all that out of state institutions if at all possible
Special interest groups shouldn’t have a foothold in these venues, football included in public institutions or state and local government

License plates are a state institution?

License plates are a state institution?
“....or state and local government” is the part of that sentence
The pro life license plate was commissioned and approved through the state Unicameral in 2017, not through your local county govt
You had Senator(s) where you live that voted/did not vote for this but the decision to offer these locally was done at the State level

90% of whom don’t know why they are offended, they just know that they are supposed to be, so they follow the other sheep
I think IF you would live for a few months in the color of their skin you would understand their concerns a little better. That said, I believe that the protests are the wrong way to make things better. As I've posted several times, I have a black niece and nephew. He's a cop. She was a starter on a runner-up NCAA women's team and played professionally. Trust me, there's a reason so many blacks are up in arms. The protests though validate the feelings of prejudice present in some people's heart. IF you want to make progress to eradicate hate and racism the only way is through showing that the hate and prejudice has no foundation. Unfortunately the majority of people rioting in Portland now are young white males and the protests really have nothing to do with George Floyd or racism. IF we could direct the anger and protests at the people murdering each other in inner cities it might make a difference. Instead it has emboldened the perps.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I think IF you would live for a few months in the color of their skin you would understand their concerns a little better. That said, I believe that the protests are the wrong way to make things better. As I've posted several times, I have a black niece and nephew. He's a cop. She was a starter on a runner-up NCAA women's team and played professionally. Trust me, there's a reason so many blacks are up in arms. The protests though validate the feelings of prejudice present in some people's heart. IF you want to make progress to eradicate hate and racism the only way is through showing that the hate and prejudice has no foundation. Unfortunately the majority of people rioting in Portland now are young white males and the protests really have nothing to do with George Floyd or racism. IF we could direct the anger and protests at the people murdering each other in inner cities it might make a difference. Instead it has emboldened the perps.

C'mon almost literally everyone has room to play the victim. People of all races and ethnicities have been persevering and excelling in this country in spite of biases and limitations. Hard work and willpower overcome a lot. Most don't or won't put those forth.

"You don't need to wear a patch on your uniform to have honor."

Lt. Daniel Kaffee

640full-lt.-daniel-kaffee.jpg

Foresight? He started penning his obit 50 years before his death. He wasn't a hero. He helped MLKjr that's true . . . but he never believed someone should be judged on their character rather than skin pigment. He helped erase the forward strides he fought for by being slavishly devoted to a party which would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven.
Well, the members of that party are going to have to elbow the godless christian right out of the way to fit in hell.. the American Christian church tuned God out years ago., it is for the most part a social group that glorifies self, not Christ..

Reactions: baseball31ne
How about they wear patches for all the children shot and killed during drive-bys and gang violence?

Do their memories not deserve to be heard?

What about all the kids who drowned in pools while mommy was making another margarita?

Just stop watching the news and using social media and the lot of you will be 100% better off. Many of you playing right into their hands judging by comments.
I don't follow anyone on Facebook who posts anything slanted or political. I watch no opinion news, zero political radio, and try to get my news from non-biased sources, which is difficult these days. And I gotta say, in terms of the real political spectrum, I am more conservative than most I'm around. But some of my friends have gone off the deep end. It is amazing how worked up these guys can get. I've got a friend who has never served in the military and is no more patriotic than anyone else. I don't believe he even owns a flag. But someone got him into all of the fake news BS sites from the far right and now he is so fired up about players kneeling during the anthem that he says he won't watch football or NBA anymore. I brought up Bill Gates the other day and he burst out into an angry rant. It's left me shaking my head and wondering how people can be so gullible.

I don't follow anyone on Facebook who posts anything slanted or political. I watch no opinion news, zero political radio, and try to get my news from non-biased sources, which is difficult these days. And I gotta say, in terms of the real political spectrum, I am more conservative than most I'm around. But some of my friends have gone off the deep end. It is amazing how worked up these guys can get. I've got a friend who has never served in the military and is no more patriotic than anyone else. I don't believe he even owns a flag. But someone got him into all of the fake news BS sites from the far right and now he is so fired up about players kneeling during the anthem that he says he won't watch football or NBA anymore. I brought up Bill Gates the other day and he burst out into an angry rant. It's left me shaking my head and wondering how people can be so gullible.

Well... Bill Gates IS the devil.

Reactions: Bugeater
this thread should solidify our recruiting efforts in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, western Nebraska and the Dakota’s

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I want to see a patch say, "Kill Conservative Old Whitey". Once that's accomplished it will be a virtual utopia. Maybe something like this will get the message across. A nice little patch located on the front of the jersey just above the heart.

iu

NOT Cool.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. My current book is "White Fragility - why it's so hard for white people to talk about racism" by Robin Diangelo.

Because not allowing it would lead to mass exodus. He is no different than the silent CEOs of the business world. Those people saw what happened to Goya and now Red Bull, so they sit silent rather than offend 50% of their market and deal with all the backlash.
Goya is rollin in cash.

Reactions: Baxter48
this thread should solidify our recruiting efforts in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, western Nebraska and the Dakota’s
Imagine being enough of a racist to believe that all, or most, black people do not want law and order.
There are a ton of people against this bullshit going on. Sorry your media ignores them or treats them as uncle toms.

BLM is a marxist organization, plain and simple, and if nebraska wears anything regarding them I will be done.
What our young people are being taught is child abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT