Play stupid games

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Win stupid prizes.

Prayers to his family. Stubbornness has led to some broken hearts.

• Sad
Reactions: HUSKERinLA

Red_Hack

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 20, 2005
Win stupid prizes.

Prayers to his family. Stubbornness has led to some broken hearts.

Prayers to his family. Tragic loss for a family. Preventable loss.

Unfortunately it going to take a whole lot more irony before we get past this. Ignorance and irony are common bedfellows.

ScarletNCream

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2007
Come on man, we have all have loved ones, particularly from older generations that have similar thoughts and views to our friend @Nebyank , gloating over his passing is a bad look.

These next few months are going to be full of people suffering and dying that made decisions based on political ideology that could have avoided the outcome, it will be best to shove any feelings of “I told you so” right up your ass.

I disagreed with Nebyank on just about every damn thing imaginable, but this still ruined my night.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Come on man, we have all have loved ones, particularly from older generations that have similar thoughts and views to our friend @Nebyank , gloating over his passing is a bad look.

These next few months are going to be full of people suffering and dying that made decisions based on political ideology that could have avoided the outcome, it will be best to shove any feelings of “I told you so” right up your ass.

I disagreed with Nebyank on just about every damn thing imaginable, but this still ruined my night.
Not gloating. Sucks for his family. He was flippant and a Dick about things. I’m super sad for his nephew, seems like yank meant a lot to him. Selfish to care so little about others. I really hope that this inspires at least one of these guys to get the shot. It won’t likely, but I hope it does. He even said his doctor said he didn’t need a shot, well…

Tragic irony

jw.3

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2013
☹️

honestly no good can come of this sort of deal
but I hope some of the posters on here who share his viewpoints will take a minute to read his nephews post and reflect on their own nephews, sons, daughters, wives. no one wants to see you go through what nebyank and his family did. at this point it doesn't matter what your opinion is of all this shit, just get the vaccine. we all do a lot of shit posting on here back and forth but at the end of the day we need to look out for each other because even terrible posters like Biff britches have families and people on the other side of the computer screen who care for them like yank did.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
I feel like this thread is exactly where I fit in. So here is a bit of joy, to help the situation....

tumblr_oppf0lSgCo1qdm4tlo1_500.gifv

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006

Exactly this.

RIP, prayers for the family.

dakotared

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2004
Poor taste again Steine. Takes a special person to use someone's death to further their agenda. How about we just say a prayer for his family and say we are sorry for their loss.

N_enigma

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2003
Poor taste again Steine. Takes a special person to use someone's death to further their agenda. How about we just say a prayer for his family and say we are sorry for their loss.
Our herd got thinned yesterday by a scientifically definable reason. It’s going to continue to thin until that reason is understood by everyone. I’m writing this because I’m selfish and I have family members I care about that subscribe to the line of thinking expressed time and again by the individual who is no longer with us.

There’s a big difference between gloating and drawing attention to a real and present threat. Efforts to downplay this threat are also in poor taste but with a much worse outcome.

Prayers to his family. This is a terrible loss for them and all of us.

Last edited:

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Nope far from it pal. I am holding out until the proper medical long term large scale studies are done on this vaccine like we do for every other vaccine we take.

If I was a fat ass over the age of 50 with diabetes I would be kicking down doors to get the vaccine.

With my health situation I have no incentive to get this vaccine knowing that there is no information that it stops the spread to others around me and that there is a extremely high probability my symptoms will be along the lines of a bad cold. My POV on this topic is always subject to change as new information comes out.
Stop being so logical. Not sure most of the people on this board could handle it.
I am not going to need to be vaccinated because I'll just carry a bottle of after shave with me and if I can smell it then I must not have the dreaded virus.
I can be just as ridiculous as the rest of them.

I went back through his posts over the past 8 months and there were several that really caught my eye, including his disdain for people wearing "face diapers".

But these two really stuck out.

I'm not bringing this up for any reason other than it makes me sad. It also makes me angry. There are people out there right now that would love to have him back. By all accounts he was a very decent person and loved by his family and it's f'ing sad and horrible he's gone right now.

This is not a post against anyone or any belief. I'm not trying to use his death for anything political. Just a plea...

Maybe you had the same opinion as him, maybe you still do. But please just take the damn vaccine for your family. Even if you think the left used the virus as a tool to get rid of Trump and it was way overblown, just take the vaccine. Please.

I know there's a lot of back and forth and name calling on here, but I would prefer you all are still here to debate in 22 and 24. Every freaking one of you.

N_enigma

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2003
I went back through his posts over the past 8 months and there were several that really caught my eye, including his disdain for people wearing "face diapers".

I'm not bringing this up for any reason other than it makes me sad. It also makes me angry. There are people out there right now that would love to have him back. By all accounts he was a very decent person and loved by his family and it's f'ing sad and horrible he's gone right now.

This is not a post against anyone or any belief. I'm not trying to use his death for anything political. Just a plea...

Maybe you had the same opinion as him, maybe you still do. But please just take the damn vaccine for your family. Even if you think the left used the virus as a tool to get rid of Trump and it was way overblown, just take the vaccine. Please.

I know there's a lot of back and forth and name calling on here, but I would prefer you all are still here to debate in 22 and 24. Every freaking one of you.
Great post

• Love
Reactions: steinek11

dakotared

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2004
Enigma, if you want to draw attention to your position than start another thread. i personally find it in poor taste to handle someone's passing the way several have done in this thread. I am not making light of the vaccine i have been vaccinated going on 3 months now but find it in appropriate the way this was handled. I feel terrible for his family and pray for strength and peace for them during this difficult time.

N_enigma

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2003
Enigma, if you want to draw attention to your position than start another thread. i personally find it in poor taste to handle someone's passing the way several have done in this thread. I am not making light of the vaccine i have been vaccinated going on 3 months now but find it in appropriate the way this was handled. I feel terrible for his family and pray for strength and peace for them during this difficult time.
My position is covid is real and it kills. I’m sorry if reading that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009

Stfu already. It is called a personal freedom to make your own choice. I know that is a hard concept for you to comprehend.

dakotared

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2004
Agreed, but start a thread with "who has lost family members to Covid", than anyone who goes there knows what they are getting into and have your discussion. To title a thread "Play stupid games" and than proceed to make comments about a deceased person just rubs me the wrong way. The last thing I am going to say about this is RIP Nebyank you will be missed.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
I absolutely understand it. I'm all for it. I just hope people make the choice to get the vaccine.
Using a man's death to grandstand, virtue signal, and push your politicized bullshit is disgusting. Stfu and leave this man and his family alone.

You sick f@cks have no shame.

Reactions: HuskerCK

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
sklar isn't doing any of those things and you know it.
@sklarbodds is dancing on his grave like a giddy child behind words of fake sorrow. What a f@cking joke this piece of sh@t is a mod here. If he has any sense of humility he would delete this post and sit out for a week.

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
@sklarbodds is dancing on his grave like a giddy child behind words of fake sorrow. What a f@cking joke this piece of sh@t is a mod here. If he has any sense of humility he would delete this post and sit out for a week.

No, he isn't dancing at all. Come on. The "worst" you can accuse him of is making a desperate plea to others that they get vaccinated. How dare he.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Who’s grandstanding now?
@sklarbodds Is now at the point of accusing me of murder from a post I made about the vaccines. He is sick in the head sitting behind his fake words of concern and sorrow. Using a mans death to virtue signal is f@cking disgusting and indicative of his mental state.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
No, he isn't dancing at all. Come on. The "worst" you can accuse him of is making a desperate plea to others that they get vaccinated. How dare he.
He is using a mans death to push his political ideology. The dude is F@cked in the head.

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Except @sklarbodds did make it about politics in his post where he tagged me. It is sick how you b@stards are using this mans death to push your political bullsh@t.

He did the opposite of what you claim.

Trike Rider

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2009
Maybe you should do a search of your own posts containing the word covid and ask yourself who is acting childish. It’s easy to see why you’re so spun up about it.
I am "so spun up about it" because you sick f@cks are dancing on a mans grave to virtue signal and push your political bullshit.

• Sad
Reactions: N_enigma

Huskriots2

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2019
His fake words of sorrow do nothing for me. If he actually cared he wouldn't of brought politics into his post.
Damn dude, you are so caught up with the "war" between the left and right you refuse to actually think straight about anything. You just jump to the frontline and start firing.

It's no different than reading about someone dying from drunk driving, expressing remorse for the loss of life, and then making a plea for others to learn from the situation and avoid driving drunk themselves. You just won't allow yourself to see that because you are too filled with hate.

Latest posts