ADVERTISEMENT

Plan is to have students back for fall sememter....per NU President

Have a few drinks like me and lighten up. who gives a flying F how I spelled it..

We’re all stupid listings at the dribble you put on this board and your not even a true Nebraska fan..

Get busy living or get busy dying. In your case get lost.
Not only did you misspell it, you thought it was two words. Pretty dumb.

Why are you so angry towards me? I'm not trying to be a hero. Nor have I called anyone a monster.

And, I am taking my own advice. I don't take unnecessary risks...and no, it isn't hypocritical to go to a grocery store, when there might be 10 other people shopping in a building the size of an old K-Mart, but not go to a stadium with thousands of other people....or work, were I might be within 30' of someone (and that's if I go looking for them, or visa versa...like I said, I am the only one on my floor) ....or go fishing, where I wasn't within 200 yards of another person.

You seem like a reasonable guy....but don't be putting words in my mouth. I have never once told anyone that they should lock themselves in their house because of me or my feelings. Not once have I done that.

I just happen to think rushing back into things is a huge mistake...especially things that really aren't necessary. Opening business on a slow roll....yes, necessary. Packing a football stadium for a sporting event? Not necessary...and, again... no one wants to address the safety of the players.
Football is infinitely more dangerous than covid for players. I have addressed this. They would all rather have covid than CTE. At least I know I would.

I’m over your hero schtick. How’s the weather on mount pious? Does that high horse of yours get good gas milage?

Ideally, trout in a small mountain lake or easy moving stream....but, since I do live in Nebraska, bass is the usual target.
Agree on trout in the mountains. I got hooked, no pun intended, in fly fishing years ago. Don't get to go NEAR as much as I would like to. Hoping you get to go more often than me!!

Ideally, trout in a small mountain lake or easy moving stream....but, since I do live in Nebraska, bass is the usual target.
Do you have to drive to the mountains to fish? According to WHO, 4.2 million people die prematurely each year due to air pollution and most of that pollution is due to mobile sources. Cannon fodder?

As long as I get to watch football. Fck deaths.

Even though my favorite players are the most vulnerable.

The guy is dead to me. I simply don't care, honestly.

So, sending a positive message out will help, we've all just witnessed how much damage can be caused by this.
But, once the switch is flipped, some are going to look really weird as people rejoin their lives.

As long as I get to watch football. Fck deaths.

Even though my favorite players are the most vulnerable.
Carter said in the press release that he didn't know how or when sports and concerts would happen. Gov Ricketts said the social distancing measures will be with us for a long time, perhaps a year or more. It doesn't matter to me if they dont have college football this fall, but we need to have schools open. Too many younger kids are falling behind in grade school and high school with this online learning. Many colleges will not remain solvent if they are online only. There is research and labs that need to be performed in person. I have one daughter in grad school with an assistanceship. Most of the people she works with have been furloughed and there is a real possibility that the satellite facility she works at will be shuttered permanently. I have another in medical school trying to take blocks online without face to face clinical experiences. Of course the 3 hospitals on campus are experiencing financial hardships, putting in question how the school will deal with possible shortfalls. Have another in undergrad who lost all 3 jobs she was working at to help pay her way. There are no good answers, but an indefinate shutdown is not sustainable.

Carter said in the press release that he didn't know how or when sports and concerts would happen. Gov Ricketts said the social distancing measures will be with us for a long time, perhaps a year or more. It doesn't matter to me if they dont have college football this fall, but we need to have schools open. Too many younger kids are falling behind in grade school and high school with this online learning. Many colleges will not remain solvent if they are online only. There is research and labs that need to be performed in person. I have one daughter in grad school with an assistanceship. Most of the people she works with have been furloughed and there is a real possibility that the satellite facility she works at will be shuttered permanently. I have another in medical school trying to take blocks online without face to face clinical experiences. Of course the 3 hospitals on campus are experiencing financial hardships, putting in question how the school will deal with possible shortfalls. Have another in undergrad who lost all 3 jobs she was working at to help pay her way. There are no good answers, but an indefinate shutdown is not sustainable.
I think one bad hard choice may have been already made. As time goes along, the next hard choice has to be made.
We cant hide forever, and forever is the lifetime of all of this, Too long is death to many things.
While things aren't more important than people, we are nothing without them, those things put food on our table, teach us to help fight a pandemic, to earn a living, to find pride and usefulness in.

Unlike some jobs, most learning cant happen on the internet, it's a hands on world we live in, regardless if ones hands gets dirty, or anothers hands are holding gold.
We need to open up.

Do you have to drive to the mountains to fish? According to WHO, 4.2 million people die prematurely each year due to air pollution and most of that pollution is due to mobile sources. Cannon fodder?
4.2 million in the US? World?

And....I haven't been to the mountains to fish in 5 years.

Take your strawman somewhere else.

Football is infinitely more dangerous than covid for players. I have addressed this. They would all rather have covid than CTE. At least I know I would.

I’m over your hero schtick. How’s the weather on mount pious? Does that high horse of yours get good gas milage?
Not once have I claimed to be a hero.

Not once have I called anyone a monster, or demanded that they stay home under lock and key.

I'm sorry I believe in opening things up slowly, based on science and expert opinion, instead of politics, economic anxiety, or a desire to see a football game.

Now that you're getting angry for no reason, I guess we have nothing else to discuss.

BTW--No player is going to contract CTE from one football game. C19 is a different story. You seem to be forgetting that the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NCAA all postponed or cancelled events due to players testing positive. I bet the people they consulted with in making those decisions are far more knowledgeable that either of us are.

4.2 million in the US? World?

And....I haven't been to the mountains to fish in 5 years.

Take your strawman somewhere else.
That's not a strawman arguement. Just pointing out that the everyday things we do have negative consequences on others whether intended or not. Maybe a more direct comparison. Would you consider the 30 million people in the US who have filed for unemployment to be cannon fodder?

Reactions: dinglefritz
No one is for an indefinite shutdown.

I'm all for re-opening...with those decisions made using science and expert opinion to guide those decisions, not politics, economic anxiety, or desire for college football games (which, make no mistake...most of the people on here don't give 2 s***s about your daughter's situation...their sentiment is solely based on getting to go to a football game ASAP).

That's not a strawman arguement. Just pointing out that the everyday things we do have negative consequences on others whether intended or not. Maybe a more direct comparison. Would you consider the 30 million people in the US who have filed for unemployment to be cannon fodder?
And most of us would view driving to a job more of a necessity than packing a stadium in Sept. for a football game.

No one is for an indefinite shutdown.

I'm all for re-opening...with those decisions made using science and expert opinion to guide those decisions, not politics, economic anxiety, or desire for college football games (which, make no mistake...most of the people on here don't give 2 s***s about your daughter's situation...their sentiment is solely based on getting to go to a football game ASAP).
If my son goes back to school, and there's a slew of cases on his campus, he can't really be coming home without putting us at risk for getting very sick (or worse).

This made it sound like you were against opening colleges backup.

This made it sound like you were against opening colleges backup.
If it is safe to do so.....and based on what I laid out....and that they go back to distance learning at the first sign of a possible campus outbreak. This is getting younger and healthier people sicker....including the development of strokes in some COVID-positive patients in their 30s and 40s....which may not impact the students, but most campus employees are 30 and above.

The second post on this thread literally said it was time to "bring back college athletics!".

Last edited:
If it is safe to do so.....and based on what I laid out....and that they go back to distance learning at the first sign of a possible campus outbreak. This is getting younger and healthier people sicker....including the development of strokes in some COVID-positive patients in their 30s and 40s....which may not impact the students, but most campus employees are 30 and above.

The second post on this thread literally said it was time to "bring back college athletics!".

If it is safe to do so.....and based on what I laid out....and that they shut down at the first sign of a possible campus outbreak.

The second post on this thread literally said to "bring back college athletics!".
Which is what it sounds like Ricketts is planning to do moving forward. When an outbreak or hotspot occurs to send a team to track and trace and isolate/quarentine. Which is why I think it will be more of one long wave as opposed to a first wave followed by a second wave.

Not once have I claimed to be a hero.

Not once have I called anyone a monster, or demanded that they stay home under lock and key.

I'm sorry I believe in opening things up slowly, based on science and expert opinion, instead of politics, economic anxiety, or a desire to see a football game.

Now that you're getting angry for no reason, I guess we have nothing else to discuss.

BTW--No player is going to contract CTE from one football game. C19 is a different story. You seem to be forgetting that the NBA, NHL, MLB, and NCAA all postponed or cancelled events due to players testing positive. I bet the people they consulted with in making those decisions are far more knowledgeable that either of us are.
BTW-- those things were cancelled without a fraction of the knowledge we have now.

2M+ deaths projected in the US at the time, and lots of frightening unknowns on the table.

Now? NBA teams are re-opening practice facilities on Friday. They will have the playoffs this year. Probably based on the advice of those same people who said to shut it down.

You're the one who likened going out to human sacrifice and accused those in favor of re-opening to treating people like cannon fodder. Don't act like you're the voice of reason now.

ADVERTISEMENT