ADVERTISEMENT

Plan is to have students back for fall sememter....per NU President

I'm still in your head rent-free, I see.....

Your first comment on this thread...and it's to bash me.

As funny as this is, you really should seek some help.

Toodles, pumpkin!

what ever you think,did you get your feelings hurt:( more people agree with me about you...
So go rent some of your own BS I’m not buying yourself per claimed righteousness..

That's all fine and dandy...unless those are filled up.
I can't find the article right now that I read this morning but I will keep looking. It gave the percentage of beds, ICU, and ventilators being used. I thought it said 28% but again I'll keep looking. Thought it was on krvn website but new stories now.

According to CHI they currently, in all of their facilities, are utilizing 141/320 ICU (44%) and 51/390 ventilators (13%). Didn't give figure for total bed space.

Bottom line, in Nebraska, we're in pretty good shape state wide

What was so hard to understand?

Maybe it is you that has the problem.

Sorry if I ask you questions or bring up things you don't want to address...but, again, not my fault or problem.

Yeah, hard hitting, deep and profound stuff coming from you. Talking to you is like arguing with a 15 year old. You know, computers can get viruses too, so maybe you should stay away from it? Probably would do all of us some good.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
I've never claimed that I was special or unique. There are millions of people like me....and people like you seem to think we should just be cannon fodder. That's my point.

When did the pro leagues cancel or postpone their seasons? It was when a player tested positive for C19. Do you honestly think that 1) football players won't get infected, and 2) if they do, that it isn't really a big deal, since they're young and supposedly healthy? Are you for quarantining them during the season right off the bat? Healthy human beings aren't supposed to weigh 320 lbs. Do you seriously believe that there aren't football players that would require hospitalization, or die, from this virus.....hospitalizations and deaths that didn't need to happen?

I'm all for re-opening things....in a responsible, least risky manner, and prioritizes in the correct manner. Sporting events....even with reduced or no crowds, are a pretty low priority in my book.

Can I be clearer?
You are cannon fodder. As people live their lives, they'll walk all over you. It's that simple.
You can't protect yourself, get out of their way. If not, you're killing yourself.

That's all fine and dandy...unless those are filled up.
Over 40% open,icu,regular and almost 80% ventilators unused.
This is poor business for a hospital, and before you talk money, it is money.
Hospitals,like any business,they don't over build,over produce etc etc etc.
https://nebraska.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4213f719a45647bc873ffb58783ffef3

70% full is normal, not 59%, not 52%.
So yes, theres more room than usual right now in Nebraska hospitals.
So, either do your home work, or get outta the way.
We get it, you're not happy, we are.

I can't find the article right now that I read this morning but I will keep looking. It gave the percentage of beds, ICU, and ventilators being used. I thought it said 28% but again I'll keep looking. Thought it was on krvn website but new stories now.

According to CHI they currently, in all of their facilities, are utilizing 141/320 ICU (44%) and 51/390 ventilators (13%). Didn't give figure for total bed space.

Bottom line, in Nebraska, we're in pretty good shape state wide
https://nebraska.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4213f719a45647bc873ffb58783ffef3

Over 40% open,icu,regular and almost 80% ventilators unused.
This is poor business for a hospital, and before you talk money, it is money.
Hospitals,like any business,they don't over build,over produce etc etc etc.

70% full is normal, not 59%, not 52%.
So yes, theres more room than usual right now in Nebraska hospitals.
So, either do your home work, or get outta the way.
We get it, you're not happy, we are.
I wasn't talking about right now.

what ever you think,did you get your feelings hurt:( more people agree with me about you...
So go rent some of your own BS I’m not buying yourself per claimed righteousness..
"what ever you think,did you get your feelings hurt"

Is that English?

"more people agree with me about you..."

I didn't realize we were 12 or taking a poll.

"So go rent some of your own BS I’m not buying yourself per claimed righteousness."

Again..is that English?

I'm pretty sure the word is "proclaimed", not "per claimed"....unless you think Lincoln delivered the "Emancipation Per Clamation".

Man, you are unhinged.

Last edited:
Yeah, hard hitting, deep and profound stuff coming from you. Talking to you is like arguing with a 15 year old. You know, computers can get viruses too, so maybe you should stay away from it? Probably would do all of us some good.
Still don't want to answer questions, huh?

You lashing out is just indicative of your inability to discuss the tough questions.

I'm done wasting my time with you.

I wasn't talking about right now.
I was, and you can follow this every day.
So, whenever you might want to cry wolf, its right here for you.

I can guess where you're going with this, but in two weeks, these numbers will be lower yet, as the unprotected,not used safe practices that were ignored in central Nebraska are now being practiced, and we will have over thousand plus immune people plus more hospital room.

Every one thats currently sick, come time for school, they'll either be dead or immune, at a thousand immune to one dead.
Schools keeping whether you like it or not.

It's mighty bold of you to assume my stance in all of this. I chose to knock you off your soapbox because you're obnoxious with your posting habits, not because I'm recommending anything.
I know...I'm obnoxious. How dare I post things that people don't agree with, and ask tough questions.

I know...I'm obnoxious. How dare I post things that people don't agree with, and ask tough questions.

7S4AGuoD78i5YWFZfddtfWJM9faoCfpVft_zgNiPQOTrL7E0f9Z6lm9IMmtLNDJehdo-9LuGP7j5pFKICZepuEXVQV19OBFJMnyZQ2v9xXYctjdzYZqGqNOAI7CBVs9PteDK4-l8O40lpI6FLgamuvHJjCnm99IxSRI

I was, and you can follow this every day.
So, whenever you might want to cry wolf, its right here for you.

I can guess where you're going with this, but in two weeks, these numbers will be lower yet, as the unprotected,not used safe practices that were ignored in central Nebraska are now being practiced, and we will have over thousand plus immune people plus more hospital room.

Every one thats currently sick, come time for school, they'll either be dead or immune, at a thousand immune to one dead.
Schools keeping whether you like it or not.

But what about sports? I mean, um, people are gonna play sports so, der, um, wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah, sporting events . . . lots of people, football, derp derp derp . . .

"what ever you think,did you get your feelings hurt"

Is that English?

"more people agree with me about you..."

I didn't realize we were 12. Didn't realize we were taking a poll.

"So go rent some of your own BS I’m not buying yourself per claimed righteousness."

Again..is that English?

I'm pretty sure the word is "proclaimed", not "per claimed".

Man, you are stupid....and unhinged.

Have a few drinks like me and lighten up. who gives a flying F how I spelled it..

We’re all stupid listings at the dribble you put on this board and your not even a true Nebraska fan..

Get busy living or get busy dying. In your case get lost.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
But what about sports? I mean, um, people are gonna play sports so, der, um, wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah, sporting events . . . lots of people, football, derp derp derp . . .
Hey, whats the chances they know people will be bumpin uglies? I think we can handle some sports too

For one, my wife isn't carrying much weight.

Secondly.....risking the health of millions of people (not just me, in other words), isn't worth a college football season.

OK...here's another story....

As I have stated before, a second, worse wave is predicted. We have health care workers and first responders that are getting sick and dying. Others either stay at the hospital, or live in their garage so as not to potentially infect their spouses and children. This will be worse with a second wave.

Is a college football such a high priority as to put these people through this again? Are we going to quarantine the players the entire season? I'd bet good money that the same folks that complained about their rights being trampled on would be the first to support this if it meant the Huskers played on Saturdays.

BTW--A lot of people share stuff on here they weren't asked about, so save your criticism.
In a prison testing study of over 3000 positive COVID-19 cases 96% of the inmates experience NO symptoms. IF you're at risk (as I am), then it's your responsibility to avoid risk. It isn't the responsibility of the other 9999 out of 10,000 people to stay in their homes to protect you.

In a prison testing study of over 3000 positive COVID-19 cases 96% of the inmates experience NO symptoms. IF you're at risk (as I am), then it's your responsibility to avoid risk. It isn't the responsibility of the other 9999 out of 10,000 people to stay in their homes to protect you.
Someone needs to buy him a bubble.

I'm not saying it is on everyone else to stay home. I don't even stay home. It isn't just about me, despite what some think.

All I'm trying to say is that, at this time, I think it is foolish to be playing sports (or having events with large numbers of people)...with or without fans. There are players that will contract this virus...and yes, a few of them will get very sick and even die from it. Athletes still have asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

I have also asked a couple of people how they'd feel if they brought the virus home to their family because of a decision they made to attend an event (and their family members didn't)....a very likely scenario. No one wants to address that...just scorn and ridicule for something that is a legit concern. In other words, the decision to risk it doesn't just impact the person taking the risk.

I appreciate your civility.

I'm not saying it is on everyone else to stay home. I don't even stay home. It isn't just about me, despite what some think.

All I'm trying to say is that, at this time, I think it is foolish to be playing sports (or having events with large numbers of people)...with or without fans. There are players that will contract this virus...and yes, a few of them will get very sick and even die from it. Athletes still have asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

I have also asked a couple of people how they'd feel if they brought the virus home to their family because of a decision they made to attend an event (and their family members didn't)....a very likely scenario. No one wants to address that...just scorn and ridicule for something that is a legit concern. In other words, the decision to risk it doesn't just impact the person taking the risk.

All we're saying is, as time goes along, this is being proven to be untrue, plus all those now immune.
You're literally running out of time to worry, best get it all in.

People don't always live in guilt, nor do they let it drive their lives.
Some are at peace with themselves, and like Husker ball.

April 24, 2020

To the Students, Faculty and Staff of the University of Nebraska System:

It is difficult to believe that only six weeks ago we were beginning a monumental shift in the way we teach, learn and work. The speed with which the COVID-19 pandemic has evolved — and the resilience with which you have adapted in order to advance our vital mission — is, in a word, humbling.

As we focus on successful completion of the spring semester and a transition to remote summer learning, we, like all colleges and universities, must also look ahead. The Chancellors and I, along with our leadership teams, have been engaged in robust analysis and planning for what the next academic year will look like across our campuses.

Today I want to let you know that we will have plans in place to safely resume in-person teaching and learning in fall 2020.

In making this decision, we are guided by safety, science and our mission, balancing the enormous value of the on-campus educational experience with our responsibility to protect the health of every member of our community.

We are working closely with our health professionals at UNMC, who have developed a dashboard that provides real-time analysis on the presence of COVID-19 and availability of medical resources across the state. The expertise of our medical center and public health officials will aide our planning for safely and purposefully welcoming students, faculty and staff back into our residence halls, classrooms and offices.

Of course, no one has all the answers, particularly during an evolving crisis like COVID-19. We will always be informed by the science, and we will act decisively if we need to change course to protect our community. We continue to plan for a variety of scenarios for the fall, including a shift to remote learning and working if conditions necessitate.

But, even in the absence of a vaccine, waiting indefinitely to provide clarity about our plans for the year ahead would only create further uncertainty for the students we serve and the colleagues whose work is the heartbeat of this institution. We are especially mindful of our duty to provide a “whole person” education to our students. We want to be as clear as we can about our commitment to returning to the on-campus, in-person learning that brings such richness to the collegiate experience.

Our planning is ongoing now, and chancellors will provide campus-specific details as they develop. While we don’t yet know exactly how this will look, the good news is that we have several months for our talented and committed campus communities to chart the path forward.

And, we have our values: A world-class education for every student, research that changes lives, and service to our state and the world.

We will also rely, in part, on a rigorous planning checklist being developed by our UNMC experts, covering evidence-based protocols on cleaning, protective facewear, hygiene, facility use and more. This checklist will serve not only as a resource for the University of Nebraska, but, we hope, to colleges and universities around the country as they build their own plans for re-opening.

Candidly, no one expects us to be back to “business as usual” come August. Our classes will almost certainly look different, our work arrangements will be different, and while I remain optimistic, we can’t predict how and when concerts, collegiate sports or various extracurricular activities will resume.

Our opportunity now, I believe, is to anticipate — and lead — the “next normal” for American higher education. For the University of Nebraska, that means that while our mission to transform lives here and around the world is more important than ever, we will need to find new and creative ways to deliver.

From what I have seen from all of you, I know we will not only survive these unprecedented challenges, but emerge stronger on the other side. Nebraskans are problem-solvers, not problem-gazers. As the people of this great state have always done, we will rely on common sense and science-based logic to plan, adapt and succeed.

Thank you for all that you do for our University system.

Ted Carter
President, University of Nebraska
I'm willing to bet that the entire education system is remote learning until Jan 2021. The odds of a second wave in the fall are pretty high and college campuses, dorms, etc are perfect for spreading viruses. By 2021 we should have either a vaccine or wifespread herd immunity.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
I'm willing to bet that the entire education system is remote learning until Jan 2021. The odds of a second wave in the fall are pretty high and college campuses, dorms, etc are perfect for spreading viruses. By 2021 we should have either a vaccine or wifespread herd immunity.
Shoulda coulda woulda.
To be more correct, we might have one late winter early spring at the earliest, a year from beginning tests on those vaccines, started in March.
But, most vaccines takes years, like four, and this one may take 18 months cutting corners even, that means school start 2021.

How dare you? Now the hypocrisy has floated to the top. Can't believe you aren't staying home. What if you bring it home and get someone sick and overwhelm the hospitals.

Sorry, had to do it. Things will get better. The more facts are known, the LESS scary this thing is.

Have faith. Not fear. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.......

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think the NU President’s letter is a very positive statement and needed at this precise moment. Students and parents are trying to figure out what to do in four short months and football games are unrelated to those decisions.

I teach at a college in AZ and I can assure you that we are very concerned that our “customers” may decide to take off Fall Semester unless we are prepared to provide options. I am monitoring our current enrollments for the Fall and they look about as bad as airline passenger bookings. Normally by late April classes are filling up.

I love Husker football as is reflected by my presence here but the decisions the NU Administration are making these days are about much more than football games. They won’t have the CARES Act or the Unicameral to bail them out if they can’t convince students and parents to attend classes. Of course I don’t have access to NU’s Fall enrollment numbers but imagine they about as bleak as ours. The President’s letter may help a bit.

I told you I’d go to a game tomorrow if they had one. Same with MLB/NBA.

It’s not like I’m going to get home and spit in the water supply. Not everyone lives with at risk folks. Not everyone sees their elderly parents/grandparents every 2 weeks.

People can go to a football game and be responsible.

Reactions: leodisflowers

It’s not like I’m going to get home and spit in the water supply. Not everyone lives with at risk folks. Not everyone sees their elderly parents/grandparents every 2 weeks.

"Not everyone sees their elderly parents/grandparents every 2 weeks."

Are you not going to kiss and/or hug your spouse or children for 2 weeks afterwards? Again....younger and healthier people are getting very sick with this all the time. Yes...only 10% of those that end up hospitalized are under age 64. However, there are very sick, miserable people that still don't end up in the hospital. Is the possibility of putting your wife or child through that really worth it?

And no...the only 100% responsible way to be at a football game with 90,000 other people in the era of COVID-19 is to actually not go.

Yes...I am aware that I or my wife could track something home from the grocery store. However, that is a necessary risk that involves being around way fewer people than a large event. Football games are not a necessary risk.

I have also addressed the safety of the players. Seems no one wants to address that issue.

Last edited:
How dare you? Now the hypocrisy has floated to the top. Can't believe you aren't staying home. What if you bring it home and get someone sick and overwhelm the hospitals.

Sorry, had to do it. Things will get better. The more facts are known, the LESS scary this thing is.

Have faith. Not fear. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.......
As I have stated....I walk my dog. Occasional trip to the store (pretty easy to stay 6' away from someone at my hometown store....Memorial Stadium on game day--not to much). Fishing. My place of employment where I am the only one on my floor of the building (that was thoroughly cleaned when this broke...and the general public has not been in since). BIG difference between any of those things and going to a football game with 90,000 other people....and no, you won't be 6' away from the nearest person. Hell...there will be 2 people with that 6' in all directions.

All we're saying is, as time goes along, this is being proven to be untrue, plus all those now immune.
You're literally running out of time to worry, best get it all in.

People don't always live in guilt, nor do they let it drive their lives.
Some are at peace with themselves, and like Husker ball.
No one has been proven to be immune. WTF are you talking about?

"Not everyone sees their elderly parents/grandparents every 2 weeks."

Are you not going to kiss and/or hug your spouse or children for 2 weeks afterwards? Again....younger and healthier people are getting very sick with this all the time. Yes...only 10% of those that end up hospitalized are under age 64. However, there are very sick, miserable people that still don't end up in the hospital. Is the possibility of putting your wife or child through that really worth it?

And no...the only 100% responsible way to be at a football game with 90,000 other people in the era of COVID-19 is to actually not go.

Yes...I am aware that I or my wife could track something home from the grocery store. However, that is a necessary risk that involves being around way fewer people than a large event.
I suppose we just agree to disagree on the bolded portion, especially since you literally outlined how to go to a game responsibly just before it. Not the first bout you've had with hypocrisy.

My spouse is an oncology nurse who's already tested positive for antibodies. She comes home from the hospital and kisses me daily after exposure. Would you like to tell her how much of a monster she is? Some people aren't crapping their pants over a 20% chance of showing symptoms and another, as you say, 10% chance of getting very ill. I'll make my decisions based on the 98% chance nothing happens instead of letting that 2% dictate my life.

Stay home. Get your groceries delivered. Pat yourself on the back somewhere else, hero. Or, better yet, take your own advice if you believe it so much.

Yep. Being I have 2 seats in west stadium where we basically sit on each other's laps, Mr Moos I demand social distancing so no one sits closer than 6 ft of me!!:Cool:

But I ll miss high fiving my neighbors

S
As I have stated....I walk my dog. Occasional trip to the store (pretty easy to stay 6' away from someone at my hometown store....Memorial Stadium on game day--not to much). Fishing. My place of employment where I am the only one on my floor of the building (that was thoroughly cleaned when this broke...and the general public has not been in since). BIG difference between any of those things and going to a football game with 90,000 other people....and no, you won't be 6' away from the nearest person. Hell...there will be 2 people with that 6' in all directions.
Serious question. What's your favorite type of fishing??

I suppose we just agree to disagree on the bolded portion, especially since you literally outlined how to go to a game responsibly just before it. Not the first bout you've had with hypocrisy.

My spouse is an oncology nurse who's already tested positive for antibodies. She comes home from the hospital and kisses me daily after exposure. Would you like to tell her how much of a monster she is? Some people aren't crapping their pants over a 20% chance of showing symptoms and another, as you say, 10% chance of getting very ill. I'll make my decisions based on the 98% chance nothing happens instead of letting that 2% dictate my life.

Stay home. Get your groceries delivered. Pat yourself on the back somewhere else, hero. Or, better yet, take your own advice if you believe it so much.
Why are you so angry towards me? I'm not trying to be a hero. Nor have I called anyone a monster.

And, I am taking my own advice. I don't take unnecessary risks...and no, it isn't hypocritical to go to a grocery store, when there might be 10 other people shopping in a building the size of an old K-Mart, but not go to a stadium with thousands of other people....or work, were I might be within 30' of someone (and that's if I go looking for them, or visa versa...like I said, I am the only one on my floor) ....or go fishing, where I wasn't within 200 yards of another person.

You seem like a reasonable guy....but don't be putting words in my mouth. I have never once told anyone that they should lock themselves in their house because of me or my feelings. Not once have I done that.

I just happen to think rushing back into things is a huge mistake...especially things that really aren't necessary. Opening business on a slow roll....yes, necessary. Packing a football stadium for a sporting event? Not necessary...and, again... no one wants to address the safety of the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT