ADVERTISEMENT

Plan going forward?

IUHusker

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 28, 2005
- use bye week to get healthy

- use bye week to work on basics, find a handful of runs that get 3-4 yards

- stick with aggressive offense first 2 drives, if it’s not working the offense must get more conservative and play ball control to protect the defense

- I would like to see more zone and some new personnel on defense. Zone keeps eyes on the ball and hopefully prevents getting gashed. TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE

- be smart about redshirt eligibility, player management has been very poor

I think the coaches need to swallow some pride and realize they can’t force this team to execute. Meet the players ‘where they are at’ and adjust. Call more QB run for Martinez and take the decision away from him. Cut down number of reads and leave more blockers in to protect.

I’m pretty sure part of the confusion is that all plays in practice result in 3-4 yard gains...you know, because our defense sucks....

Reactions: IUHusker
At this point I expect Frost to come out and ask the fans for "Thoughts and Prayers" to make us better.

- use bye week to get healthy

- use bye week to work on basics, find a handful of runs that get 3-4 yards

- stick with aggressive offense first 2 drives, if it’s not working the offense must get more conservative and play ball control to protect the defense

- I would like to see more zone and some new personnel on defense. Zone keeps eyes on the ball and hopefully prevents getting gashed. TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE

- be smart about redshirt eligibility, player management has been very poor

I think the coaches need to swallow some pride and realize they can’t force this team to execute. Meet the players ‘where they are at’ and adjust. Call more QB run for Martinez and take the decision away from him. Cut down number of reads and leave more blockers in to protect.
The QB run was there today at times but Frost said earlier this week that they might have to try to limit the QB runs due to having 3 QBs injured. McCaffrey was out. Vedral was only available in an emergency. We're really beat up there and at safety.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT