ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino dismisses Chris Jones

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Is that what caused the initial suspension or did this happen after he was reinstated? Strange twist of events in the last week or so.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This was right after he got reinstated according to the Louisville board.

Even worse, damn.

I'll be in Vegas this week, Thursday now gonna be tight, dinner has been cancelled and replaced by Rascall Flatts. I'd be up for a drink on Wednesday, right schedule though.

Or, we can book something for April, I'll be back at the end of the month.

Even worse, damn.

I'll be in Vegas this week, Thursday now gonna be tight, dinner has been cancelled and replaced by Rascall Flatts. I'd be up for a drink on Wednesday, right schedule though.

I emailed you this morning. I do have a basketball game Wednesday night so we might have to try and catch up in April.

Even worse, damn.

It gets even worse for Chris Jones. Charged with a count of rape and sodomy over the weekend. Wow....

Too bad he doesn't play for the Lakers. He could pay off the girl and people would still love him.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
Oh. That must be why she went to the cops #exhibita
Lol. I'm by no stretch a Kobe fan, but that is the single weakest argument that has ever been put forth on this board. Come on man.

Oh. That must be why she went to the cops #exhibita
Usually you are right on the money with your posts. Usually.

That being said, it's hard to imagine a situation where someone has been as wrong about something as you are in this thread.

Lol. Yeah. Out of all the expert witnesses in this thread, I'm sure the account before the payoff was incorrect. Change your number and the masses will eat it up.

It wasn't proven in court, was it?

- He was accussed of rape.
- He admitted to a out of court offer (payment) to keep her silent.
- She refused to testify, forcing the prosecution to drop the case.
- Both parties agreed to a settlement on the civil suit which resulted in a drop civil suit.

Is the above not accurate?

Nah. Let's just keep believing "facts" from the "Kobe is a saint" crowd.
You are literally the only one that has said those words in this thread....that being said Kobe doesnt seem like a good human being that is definitely guilty of adultery ...Laker fans out here are so in the tank for the guy its sickening. The last Laker game I was at was a Finals game several years ago but EVERY time he touches the ball the masses blindly scream MVP MVP MVP...

It wasn't proven in court, was it?

- He was accussed of rape.
- He admitted to a out of court offer (payment) to keep her silent.
- She refused to testify, forcing the prosecution to drop the case.
- Both parties agreed to a settlement on the civil suit which resulted in a drop civil suit.

Is the above not accurate?
2nd is not accurate at all. i've never seen proof that he paid the alleged victim. i remember kobe buying his wife a ring after all that. the rest is true. he's a cheater but not a rapist.

Poor wording on my part with #2, I'll reword it...

He did make an offer to pay her off before the allegation got out. Unfortunately for me, I can't find the NYT link so I'll do this again, ugh...

"Kobe asked investigators if there's any way he could settle this". CBS article linked below...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kobe-details-alleged-rape-night/

As far as guilty or innocent, we all know the old saying but for me, there's too much smoke to just brush it off as consensual sex. You disagree, that's your choice, nothing wrong with that.

Poor wording on my part with #2, I'll reword it...

He did make an offer to pay her off before the allegation got out. Unfortunately for me, I can't find the NYT link so I'll do this again, ugh...

"Kobe asked investigators if there's any way he could settle this". CBS article linked below...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kobe-details-alleged-rape-night/

As far as guilty or innocent, we all know the old saying but for me, there's too much smoke to just brush it off as consensual sex. You disagree, that's your choice, nothing wrong with that.
""If my wife, if my wife found out that anybody made any type of allegations against me she would be infuriated," Bryant said."

the fact that kobe used that wording makes it seem that he didn't rape her but knows she can accuse him just for money. the alleged victim was known to be a "sleep-arounder" and there was actual court evidence she had inside of her semen from three different men. no true rape victim would ever opt out for money, IMO.

This post was edited on 2/28 6:37 PM by worldstarhusker

Absolutely paid her off ...I am willing to bet he would have been found innocent if the thing had gone trial but that would have meant him missing games so pay her off and be done with it...I still cant believe that guy is married

Hold on dude, he initially lied to the investigators about having sex so what Kobe says about the allegation doesn't hold much water with me. Yes, he's innocent as the case was dropped, a few weeks after she filed a civil suit and refused to testify.

Hold on dude, he initially lied to the investigators about having sex so what Kobe says about the allegation doesn't hold much water with me. Yes, he's innocent as the case was dropped, a few weeks after she filed a civil suit and refused to testify.
He was trying to get the case dropped at the time b/c of its repercussions if his wife found out he was out having sex. He definitely paid her outside of court. I just disagree that he's a rapist, considering the case details.

One more thing, it's pretty sick to say "true rape victims don't get paid off". A very good friend on mine happened to get raped back in 1996. I walked in to the house (through basement of ranch home) and heard her screaming bloody murder. If it wasn't for me waking in, who knows how bad it would've got.

She settled out of court, didn't want to relive the 20-some minutes of hell she was put through.

One more thing, it's pretty sick to say "true rape victims don't get paid off". A very good friend on mine happened to get raped back in 1996. I walked in to the house (through basement of ranch home) and heard her screaming bloody murder. If it wasn't for me waking in, who knows how bad it would've got.

She settled out of court, didn't want to relive the 20-some minutes of hell she was put through.
Hard to compare when kobe's victim was found w/ semen of multiple men during court examinations. Two totally different scenarios.

No it's not, my friend had semen from two men when she was tested. One was her booty call and the other was the rapist. Thankfully for her, I heard enough or who knows what would've happened, and I would never want to go through that again. And I wasn't the victim.

Believe it or not, a slut can get raped.

P.S.
It wasn't a comparison, it's to show you "true rape victims" settle out of court. For many reasons, just like the accussed do. It's not a one-way street.

Just because a slut can be raped, doesn't mean kobe's alleged victim was

This post was edited on 2/28 7:35 PM by worldstarhusker

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT