ADVERTISEMENT

Pipeline Jerky

My favorite food group...as a cyclist who rides year round it can be challenging to find foods you can eat at below freezing as well as over 90 degrees ...they either get hard as a rock or melt in your pack, but jerky works year round. Just wish it didn't cost $40lb, but I still pay it.

Last edited:
My favorite food group...as a cyclist who rides year round it can be challenging to find foods you can eat at below freezing as well as over 90 degreea ...they either get hard as a rock or melt in your pack, but jerky works year round. Just wish it didn't cost $40lb, but I still pay it.
Jack Links, $9.99 for 8 oz on Amazon. Perfect texture, not too tough

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
My favorite food group...as a cyclist who rides year round it can be challenging to find foods you can eat at below freezing as well as over 90 degrees ...they either get hard as a rock or melt in your pack, but jerky works year round. Just wish it didn't cost $40lb, but I still pay it.

You ever thought of making your own jerky at home? I do that fairly frequently with my son. Buy a lean roast at the grocery store then We throw a bunch of liquids and spices in for the marinade. Use a 25 year old dehydrator.

You ever thought of making your own jerky at home? I do that fairly frequently with my son. Buy a lean roast at the grocery store then We throw a bunch of liquids and spices in for the marinade. Use a 25 year old dehydrator.

I have not. I should. Not sure why I never thought of it.

How long does your jerky stay "good"??

Probably about 3-4 days in a Ziploc bag for maximum freshness. Starts to dry out a little bit after that but remains in good shape for about 1 week. I never seem to have any left within 1 week. :)

I haven't bought jerky in a store for many, many years because of the cost. I made some jerky about a month ago. Got a 3.5 pound roast from the grocery store and paid between $20-23 total. So about $7/lb to do it at home. My son and I like ours a bit on the spicy side, so we add cayenne pepper as one of the seasonings and a few splashes of Frank's as a liquid. My antiquated dehydrator has 5-6 racks. Takes about 5 hours (depending on the thickness of the jerky), rotating the racks about every 30 minutes.

I haven't bought jerky in a store for many, many years because of the cost. I made some jerky about a month ago. Got a 3.5 pound roast from the grocery store and paid between $20-23 total. So about $7/lb to do it at home. My son and I like ours a bit on the spicy side, so we add cayenne pepper as one of the seasonings and a few splashes of Frank's as a liquid. My antiquated dehydrator has 5-6 racks. Takes about 5 hours (depending on the thickness of the jerky), rotating the racks about every 30 minutes.
Top to the bottom and move everything up one rack?

Hopefully you washed it down with one of their brisket breakfast tacos.. The best. I love everything Bucees
Probably not. I'm sure I grabbed a bag of milk chocolate covered walnuts. Because walnuts are healthy.
pQZ6QaY.png

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT