ADVERTISEMENT

Pilot of Flight 4U 9525. As far as I can find they have not release

Wintereisse

Blackshirt
Dec 2, 2002
the name of the pilot for this flight. That seems fairly unusual to me. Conspiracy theorists please chime in.

Willing to bet right now there was nothing wrong with the plane and it was pilot suicide. All that's left to figure out is if it had any muslim ties involved. Gawd I will feel horrible if none of what I just typed is true, but everyone's thinking it.

Beats the heck out of me, but it's just my gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong, not that it matters to the familes who lost loved ones. Descent was pretty controlled, if early reports are to be believed, and it looks like he aimed right for the mountains. Like I said, hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:
Beats the heck out of me, but it's just my gut feeling. Hope I'm wrong, not that it matters to the familes who lost loved ones. Descent was pretty controlled, if early reports are to be believed, and it looks like he aimed right for the mountains. Like I said, hope I'm wrong.
Yeah that is the puzzling thing. His descent appeared controlled and thus, if he was still in control of the aircraft, had a chance to land at several reachable airports nearby and to issue a distress call. Instead, he took the plane right into a mountain. I did read one thing today though that said he could have started the descent in a controlled way due to a fire in the cockpit that then got out of control and killed them all before they could get out a distress call. But who knows? It is definitely puzzling. It has been a year of several puzzling airline mysteries

Reports are the co-pilot took it down. audio revealed pilot left the cockpit and couldn't get back in. He could be heard banging on the door and screaming to get in.

Willing to bet right now there was nothing wrong with the plane and it was pilot suicide. All that's left to figure out is if it had any muslim ties involved. Gawd I will feel horrible if none of what I just typed is true, but everyone's thinking it.

Andreas Lubitz, was the name that got released and he is a German national, so I doubt he is Muslim, but if this investigation finds that he has ties with terrorist organization of any kind, be that muslim or otherwise, be prepared for more international anti-privacy laws to pop up all over the place as he becomes the poster child for why noone in the world deserves privacy.

Originally posted by huskrz:
Reports are the co-pilot took it down. audio revealed pilot left the cockpit and couldn't get back in. He could be heard banging on the door and screaming to get in.
I added this last night and it was deleted.

Originally posted by Lars72:
This being reported by all the news agencies right now. Looks like they have the voice recorder.

Started being reported last night as breaking news. Unbelievably tragic.

It is beyond tragic, and about the only silver lining I can find, and you really have to look, is that it appears the decsent was so slow that nobody noticed for a really long time. I would hate to be in that plane, knowing what was going to happen for any longer than I had to. That's what's always troubled me about MH370. I suspect it was pilot suicide as well, and how cruel would that be if the pilot told people what he was doing and they had to fly for so many hours over the dark ocean knowing what their fate was. I have no idea how somebody could be wired to do something like this. If a friend or family member was on this plane that just crashed, I don't think I could ever get over it, I would be a vegetable.

With all the planning on that goes into safety these days hard to believe this scenario doesn't have some sort of protocol so that its avoided. Such as two people in cockpit at all times, door is keyed and pilot has key, something.I guess you can't guard against everything, but still surprised this could even happen. Tragic, tragic, tragic.

I heard most u.s. airlines do have a two person in the cockpit rule. I'd guess it will be an FAA regulation soon.

Lars,
I just got a text from Kaz. Your post was a casualty of another post that got deleted. The post that got deleted was a political post and yours was attached to it. Sorry.

Even with a 2 person rule, with somebody this messed up, if they really want to do this, will get it done. You think a 115lb stewardess (assuming she is the second person in cockpit while the captain goes to pee) is going to stop a man if he wants to do this? There's only so much you can do, if somebody gets it in their head to do this, you're pretty much screwed.

Originally posted by jawatkins:

Andreas Lubitz, was the name that got released and he is a German national, so I doubt he is Muslim, but if this investigation finds that he has ties with terrorist organization of any kind, be that muslim or otherwise, be prepared for more international anti-privacy laws to pop up all over the place as he becomes the poster child for why noone in the world deserves privacy.

Too soon for a Nazi joke?????

Originally posted by sparky62:
Lars,
I just got a text from Kaz. Your post was a casualty of another post that got deleted. The post that got deleted was a political post and yours was attached to it. Sorry.
Thanks Chief.

Originally posted by sparky62:
Lars,
Thanks Chief.
You're more then welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT