ADVERTISEMENT

Pics from Nebraska/Iowa 2015

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
Sorry so late getting this up. Been working a lot as of late. Not a problem for me, but having time to work on the pics takes some time.

It was my first home game in 26 years. Wish I had more time to spend in Lincoln. Too bad it was so brutally cold for game time. Late November. In Nebraska. Go figure. :D

For seeming to dominate the game in most categories we should have won. Just couldn't overcome Tommy's four interceptions. As we get more players to buy in and replace those that won't with those that will I can see an easy reversal of last season. Armstrong has to improve his decision making though. He'll get one more year to demonstrate. I just hope that I can make it through it.

Outside of the weather, it was a great road trip. Had Thanksgiving in Omaha with the family of my freshman year roommate at NU. Drove to Lincoln on Black Friday. Parked in some lot on 10th, just north of the stadium. Walked on some bridge that traversed the railroad tracks.

DSCN1363_zpswd9kzwtt.jpg

Almost got into a fight with an aggressive scalper outside the stadium. Had said no to him as we already had tix. Good ones at that. 17th row, East Stadium, 40-yard line. Turned around to see he had corralled my wife. Told him again we were not interested, already had tickets. Dude told me that he was "talking to her!" Wrong thing to say to me. That's my wife. Grabbed her arm and led her away. Anyone else have that happen to them?

DSCN1366_zpshqlfiizf.jpg

Outside it was freezing. A damp cold. Walked around downtown. The winds were really whipping in the cross streets. Took some pics of the capitol building. Stopped by Fuzzy's Taco to warm up. Had some shredded chicken nachos and shared them with the missus.

DSCN1378_zpsjh4pvpbd.jpg

About 1:30pm we head towards the stadium. Like a river, the crowd starts flowing in that direction. Got some shots of the band as they warmed up outside. A Star Wars theme. They played more during halftime.

DSCN1381_zpsnc3n7kez.jpg

Took more shots of the outside of the stadium. If it wasn't so cold I'd have spent more time taking that perfect shot of the place. Just wanted to get inside. To freeze more. :p

DSCN1385_zpsm7tgbwgc.jpg

Again, if I only I had more time I would take a tour of the place. I know the history, but my wife doesn't. Loved seeing the old facade once inside. I wanted to do the Wayne's World "We are not worthy!" bow.

DSCN1391_zpsbrwh6k4a.jpg

DSCN1392_zps8g6shznn.jpg

Once seated I realized I had really good seats. Dead on the 40 yard line. 17th row. I can't imagine how cold it felt up on the new additions a couple of stratospheres above me! Brrrrr!!

DSCN1410_zpstngqs8jz.jpg

DSCN1413_zpswkzymtou.jpg

DSCN1428_zps826wwg5c.jpg

DSCN1436_zpsc9mowytr.jpg

DSCN1439_zpsm5cgbdd5.jpg

DSCN1443_zpszgzymhfs.jpg

DSCN1454_zpsjzrfqxa2.jpg

DSCN1458_zpsqzymfzmm.jpg

DSCN1461_zpsyjny5z9u.jpg

DSCN1468_zpsbd0hf943.jpg

DSCN1471_zpsfheqo5rk.jpg

DSCN1501_zpsx98incom.jpg

DSCN1502_zpsm4wpgsn0.jpg

DSCN1508_zpsofjxc7ws.jpg

DSCN1514_zpspbdj9rx7.jpg

Always felt we were in contention the whole game. Iowa just didn't make a lot of mistakes and that is why they won.

Went to Misty's over on Havelock after the game. Had the prime rib. Was a nice way to relax before the drive back to Omaha.

Saturday, spent time in Omaha. Ate at Don & Millie's for lunch on 90th & Q. Had a Double Don. Saw the new pedestrian bridge spanning Omaha/Council Bluffs. Downtown Omaha is very nice. They had delayed tree lighting due to the weather. Drove west on Farnham and they picked out a Christmas tree.

Before heading out for Iowa I stopped at the Hi-Vee on 132nd and grabbed me a couple of jars of Sparky's. Sure wish I could find it down here.

20151129_102742_zpsjvqvm1tr.jpg

We drove across the Missouri River into Iowa and took I-29 down to Kansas City. From there we drove south to Springfield where we spent the night. Ate at Poppo's Pizzaria & Brew Co. near downtown. Awesome food and handcrafted beer.

The next day we drove south through Branson and the Ozarks in Arkansas. Fourteen hours later we arrived home. Loved driving through the mountains. The missus did not.

Wish we would have won. Maybe next time. Congrats Iowa.

Slide show of the whole gameday experience: Nebraska/Iowa November 27, 2015

Last edited:
Great pics! I wish they would start the tradition that each team wears their home jerseys no matter where they are playing like USC-UCLA.

Sorry so late getting this up. Been working a lot as of late. Not a problem for me, but having time to work on the pics takes some time.

It was my first home game in 26 years. Wish I had more time to spend in Lincoln. Too bad it was so brutally cold for game time. Late November. In Nebraska. Go figure. :D

For seeming to dominate the game in most categories we should have won. Just couldn't overcome Tommy's four interceptions. As we get more players to buy in and replace those that won't with those that will I can see an easy reversal of last season. Armstrong has to improve his decision making though. He'll get one more year to demonstrate. I just hope that I can make it through it.

Outside of the weather, it was a great road trip. Had Thanksgiving in Omaha with the family of my freshman year roommate at NU. Drove to Lincoln on Black Friday. Parked in some lot on 10th, just north of the stadium. Walked on some bridge that traversed the railroad tracks.

DSCN1363_zpswd9kzwtt.jpg

Almost got into a fight with an aggressive scalper outside the stadium. Had said no to him as we already had tix. Good ones at that. 17th row, East Stadium, 40-yard line. Turned around to see he had corralled my wife. Told him again we were not interested, already had tickets. Dude told me that he was "talking to her!" Wrong thing to say to me. That's my wife. Grabbed her arm and led her away. Anyone else have that happen to them?

DSCN1366_zpshqlfiizf.jpg

Outside it was freezing. A damp cold. Walked around downtown. The winds were really whipping in the cross streets. Took some pics of the capitol building. Stopped by Fuzzy's Taco to warm up. Had some shredded chicken nachos and shared them with the missus.

DSCN1378_zpsjh4pvpbd.jpg

About 1:30pm we head towards the stadium. Like a river, the crowd starts flowing in that direction. Got some shots of the band as they warmed up outside. A Star Wars theme. They played more during halftime.

DSCN1381_zpsnc3n7kez.jpg

Took more shots of the outside of the stadium. If it wasn't so cold I'd have spent more time taking that perfect shot of the place. Just wanted to get inside. To freeze more. :p

DSCN1385_zpsm7tgbwgc.jpg

Again, if I only I had more time I would take a tour of the place. I know the history, but my wife doesn't. Loved seeing the old facade once inside. I wanted to do the Wayne's World "We are not worthy!" bow.

DSCN1391_zpsbrwh6k4a.jpg

DSCN1392_zps8g6shznn.jpg

Once seated I realized I had really good seats. Dead on the 40 yard line. 17th row. I can't imagine how cold it felt up on the new additions a couple of stratospheres above me! Brrrrr!!

DSCN1410_zpstngqs8jz.jpg

DSCN1413_zpswkzymtou.jpg

DSCN1428_zps826wwg5c.jpg

DSCN1436_zpsc9mowytr.jpg

DSCN1439_zpsm5cgbdd5.jpg

DSCN1443_zpszgzymhfs.jpg

DSCN1454_zpsjzrfqxa2.jpg

DSCN1458_zpsqzymfzmm.jpg

DSCN1461_zpsyjny5z9u.jpg

DSCN1468_zpsbd0hf943.jpg

DSCN1471_zpsfheqo5rk.jpg

DSCN1501_zpsx98incom.jpg

DSCN1502_zpsm4wpgsn0.jpg

DSCN1508_zpsofjxc7ws.jpg

DSCN1514_zpspbdj9rx7.jpg

Always felt we were in contention the whole game. Iowa just didn't make a lot of mistakes and that is why they won.

Went to Misty's over on Havelock after the game. Had the prime rib. Was a nice way to relax before the drive back to Omaha.

Saturday, spent time in Omaha. Ate at Don & Millie's for lunch on 90th & Q. Had a Double Don. Saw the new pedestrian bridge spanning Omaha/Council Bluffs. Downtown Omaha is very nice. They had delayed tree lighting due to the weather. Drove west on Farnham and they picked out a Christmas tree.

Before heading out for Iowa I stopped at the Hi-Vee on 132nd and grabbed me a couple of jars of Sparky's. Sure wish I could find it down here.

We drove across the Missouri River into Iowa and took I-29 down to Kansas City. From there we drove south to Springfield where we spent the night. Ate at Poppo's Pizzaria & Brew Co. near downtown. Awesome food and handcrafted beer.

The next day we drove south through Branson and the Ozarks in Arkansas. Fourteen hours later we arrived home. Loved driving through the mountains. The missus did not.

DSCN1363_zpswd9kzwtt.jpg

DSCN1366_zpshqlfiizf.jpg

DSCN1378_zpsjh4pvpbd.jpg

DSCN1381_zpsnc3n7kez.jpg

DSCN1385_zpsm7tgbwgc.jpg

DSCN1391_zpsbrwh6k4a.jpg

DSCN1392_zps8g6shznn.jpg

DSCN1410_zpstngqs8jz.jpg

DSCN1413_zpswkzymtou.jpg

DSCN1428_zps826wwg5c.jpg

DSCN1436_zpsc9mowytr.jpg

DSCN1439_zpsm5cgbdd5.jpg

DSCN1443_zpszgzymhfs.jpg

DSCN1454_zpsjzrfqxa2.jpg

DSCN1458_zpsqzymfzmm.jpg

DSCN1461_zpsyjny5z9u.jpg

DSCN1468_zpsbd0hf943.jpg

DSCN1471_zpsfheqo5rk.jpg

DSCN1501_zpsx98incom.jpg

DSCN1502_zpsm4wpgsn0.jpg

DSCN1508_zpsofjxc7ws.jpg

DSCN1514_zpspbdj9rx7.jpg

Don't know what you do for a living but if you ever need a job, you should find one as a photographer, real quick. Great pics and enjoyed them as a presentation. Maybe you should do a spread like this for every Big 10 school and make them into a book.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
Good stuff boxes, glad you had a great time.

I'll make the pilgrimage to the Corn Crib eventually. Also, got a late Thanksgiving text from Sparky informing me of the cancellation of his tailgate. Everything worked out. Just hope for better game time conditions the next go round.

ADVERTISEMENT