ADVERTISEMENT

Pickup Truck

03 Tundra V6 manual
Will be able to sell it to one of the kids someday

Reactions: mortdyer
looked at a few yesterday.. am picky about the crew cab seat /fold utility for my dog, and like the way the F150 and Silverado handle it. The RAM was a no go with the built in storage, making for a non flat floor. Really depends on what is important to you. I thought the new Ranger was good if you are 5'2" and less than 130lbs.

I felt very fortunate to buy one last fall for my son at the price I did...guy in Lincoln had an 03 Tundra double cab...4X V8, orig owner no wrecks with 235K...runs and drives like new...maintained at dealer whole life with the documemtation...it came from Arizona where he lived most of it's life so very rust free and he had just put 4 new shoes on it. Gave him $5,200, then I put plugs, brakes, several other things like anti freeze flush, brake fluid flush, etc...and i'm all in @ $6,100, 6,200....I could not be happier. Best deal I ever saw for a V8 4X....downside is the fuel (lack of) mileage. 12mpg...no matter how ya drive it. Funny thing, he thought 4 low was broke from day one but he didn't tow or work with it so he didn't care or have it looked at. Turns out he didn't know how to engage it...I showed him and it works fine. I wouldn't sell it for 10K...looked for almost a year to find something affordable, Tundras bring a premium.

2016 Ford F150 King Ranch 4 x 4 w/ 3.5 EcoBoost

Absolutely love it!

I get around 12 to 15 MPH around town (Depending on how much lead is in my foot ) and up to 22.5 MPH on the highway. I can pass with confidence and tow up to 11000 lbs.

2014 Dodge Ram 5.7 L Hemi. Had two Rams last 12 years. No problems at all.

Historically great motors...problem is like other American made trucks, they are built to rust. I SMH every time I see an American truck that isn't but 4-5 years old with rust over the wheel wells. I do not understand why every American company keeps building them to rust like that...American car companies will never get another dollar of my money until they catch up to what else is out there. Having said that, Rams are awesome and my favorite in the looks department. I do like their trucks, I just don't like the rust problem that can go with.

So my wife’s work car got taken for joy ride last May and wrapped around tree. We bought 2006 cobalt 5-speed wife had detailed clean she loved the car then ice and snow came it was terrible so she took the GMC Terrain back. Lol I am 6’7 300 so me and the cobalt didn’t last long. But every time I tried to buy truck you could always find better deal for money with suv or car. My buddy is parts manager at small ford dealership called me when I was at state wrestling had deal come in on trade 2011 f150 lariat crew cab , small dreams when 2011 is dream truck lol got for 12,500

Reactions: dinglefritz
Historically great motors...problem is like other American made trucks, they are built to rust. I SMH every time I see an American truck that isn't but 4-5 years old with rust over the wheel wells. I do not understand why every American company keeps building them to rust like that...American car companies will never get another dollar of my money until they catch up to what else is out there. Having said that, Rams are awesome and my favorite in the looks department. I do like their trucks, I just don't like the rust problem that can go with.
My first was a 2008. Had for 7 years. Just a little rust in the wheel well when I traded it in. Current 2014 has a little on the back bumper. I also try to wash once a week so that probably helps. Can't go wrong with a Hemi.

Last edited:
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I plan on getting a Tacoma TRD OffRoad in the next couple of years. Buts it hard to justify when my old Honda with 210k miles keeps humming along.

02 gmc sierra 2500 with 200k+, The wife will always have a brand new vehicle though shes in a 19 traverse.

12 gmc Sierra 2500 for work and 14 grand cherokee overland with a hemi for play! Jeep is very fun on days like today!

I plan on getting a Tacoma TRD OffRoad in the next couple of years. Buts it hard to justify when my old Honda with 210k miles keeps humming along.
Probably going to be a terrible truck and never live up to expectations. 4 stars out of 12.

2017 silverado z71

1970 chevy c10 long box, 350/350, 2-4 drop, power disc brake conversion, huggar orange

2015 Ram Sport that is ignition orange. Bought it with 24K and was stock. As soon as I got it I just had to lift it, put on bigger tires, custom engine tunes and some other mods. Needless to say it hasn't met a gas pump it don't like.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
04 6.0 power stroke that just shit the bed, looking to buy a 5.9 Cummins

I’ve heard nothing but bad about the 6.0 unless you pay 10k plus to halfway rebuild the damn things when they’re brand new.

1993 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel 2500 still goin strong 168k on it. Insurance = $15 a month. She’s made me a ton of money and she doesn’t care what she looks like, she always goes out anyways.

06 Tundra double cab, 130k for miles. , only thing I dislike is it doesn’t have a topper and turning radius is bad. I’ll drive it until it won’t drive!!!

If it's a 4X and it's engaged, good luck doin a u-turn if you don't have the tower clearance to land a boeing 747

1999 GMC Sierra 1500k. I love my truck.

I don't like the new trucks. They sit too high. Hard to reach over the side to grab stuff out of the bed and work on the engine. This one is just the right height to slid in and out without having a step. Step's are okay in summer but I am guessing slippery in winter?

I’ve heard nothing but bad about the 6.0 unless you pay 10k plus to halfway rebuild the damn things when they’re brand new.

1993 Chevy 6.5 Turbo Diesel 2500 still goin strong 168k on it. Insurance = $15 a month. She’s made me a ton of money and she doesn’t care what she looks like, she always goes out anyways.
Had a couple Ford mechanics tell me if you get the 6.0 over 100000 miles you will be fine. Most of them died at around 80000

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Who can forget manual locking hubs!!!!

I've had to jump out of the truck many a time to lock them in inclement weather. People definitely look at you sideways. The truck is awful in RWD with no load in the bed, I bet a flatbed Geo Metro would work better.

Had a couple Ford mechanics tell me if you get the 6.0 over 100000 miles you will be fine. Most of them died at around 80000

That's because after 100k they never took it back to the dealer. Find a good diesel shop and get it rebuilt with better parts.

That's because after 100k they never took it back to the dealer. Find a good diesel shop and get it rebuilt with better parts.
They told me if you get to 100k you're gonna be good. Don't know never owned one. Looked at but just couldn't pull the trigger

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT