ADVERTISEMENT

Picked up a transfer...

So you are saying at our worst we have still been better than Iowa at their best? And they are still here talking shit? That’s is pretty pathetic

here’s one for you. The last 10 years alone Iowa had 3 seasons with 9 wins or more while the Huskers have 5 seasons with 9 wins or more.
And that’s during our worst run in program history.

Last edited:
Reactions: tpmcg and headcard
Iowa has finished in the top 10 5 times since Nebraska last achieved this. Nebraska hasn’t defeated Iowa since they were gifted a win in 2014. So there’s that.

Iowa has finished in the top 10 5 times since Nebraska last achieved this. Nebraska hasn’t defeated Iowa since they were gifted a win in 2014. So there’s that.

Yes, and color us embarrassed. I mean really embarrassed. When we are getting beat by a middling program like Iowa, we are obviously a complete shit show. But knowing that an average coach like Bo Pelini was 3-1 against Iowa, we don't have too far to go before we will be winning with regularity again.

I’m sure success is right around the corner, Nebraska does have that 2001 top 10 finish to build off of.

So what??? Iowa’s highest finish was a Top 7 Finish and Iowa hasn’t finished any higher then that one time since 1960. Huskers have finished inside the Top 7 or better 21 times since 1960. There is a number of ways to spin this and twist this. Shall we go with National Titles next? Number of All Americans? number of draft picks overall? Number of first round draft picks? Didn’t think so.

You guys had 1 single Top 10 finish in the last decade while playing an absolute cupcake schedule, just to have Stanford absolutely BLAST you guys out of the waters in the Rose Bowl...btw, I think Christian McCaffrey scored again.

Simply put, Huskers during our worst stretch in program history, the last 10 years the Huskers are only 6 games off from Iowa (81 to 75) and during that same stretch the Huskers have 5 seasons with 9 wins or more to Iowa’s 3. Enough said.

Last edited:
Cupcake schedule, yep Big Ten- restore the order...not. Bottom line is we aren’t talking about 10 years of horseshit Nebraska football, it’s been 20 years. Nebraska still aspires to be a top 10 team right? Right now it’s Iowa 5-0 in top ten rankings simply put

Cupcake schedule, yep Big Ten- restore the order...not. Bottom line is we aren’t talking about 10 years of horseshit Nebraska football, it’s been 20 years. Nebraska still aspires to be a top 10 team right? Right now it’s Iowa 5-0 in top ten rankings simply put
Scoreboard favors you currently. Happy for you. But where are your top 10 trophies? Yes, you have been marginally better than Nebraska of late, and we are trying to turn it around. And once we do, look out. Because when it comes to recruits choosing between Iowa and Nebraska, once we start winning, it’ll be a no brainer. Nebraska has the tradition, the fans and the trophies that Iowa does not have, nor will they ever even begin to approach what Nebraska has accomplished.

Have a good night.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Sounds good, the discussion was about the last 10-20 years when I posted. Huskersalts decided to go back to the days when Army and Minnesota were powers.

Sounds good, the discussion was about the last 10-20 years when I posted. Huskersalts decided to go back to the days when Army and Minnesota were powers.

Zero skins on the wall. All time.

As a never-was, can't even claim has-been status.

747bf5b30aea5a9ac0d34469ce3c8d7f.jpeg

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
N
NU has been bad the last 4-5 years as a Husker fan I will openly admit that. But to brag about Iowa accomplishments are laughable. I would never want to trade places with an Iowa fan. If NU never wins another Natty. I was able to witness the run they had that puts NU right along with some of the best runs in CFB history. But keep throwing out your top ten finish. I always appreciate a little humor on this board.

here’s one for you. The last 10 years alone Iowa had 3 seasons with 9 wins or more while the Huskers have 5 seasons with 9 wins or more.
And that’s during our worst run in program history.
Why do Husker fans love posting “worst run in program history”? It’s completely dishonest. Nebraska finished over .500 just four times from 1940-1961. Still better than Iowa’s worst run but at least know your own history.

N

NU has been bad the last 4-5 years as a Husker fan I will openly admit that. But to brag about Iowa accomplishments are laughable. I would never want to trade places with an Iowa fan. If NU never wins another Natty. I was able to witness the run they had that puts NU right along with some of the best runs in CFB history. But keep throwing out your top ten finish. I always appreciate a little humor on this board.
Sitting in the stands at the Fiesta Bowl with my family chanting "it's great to beat the florida gators", one of better memories of my life. Just another national title game for us.

I'm sure Iowa fans stood outside Kinnick and came up with some cool chants to celebrate their 10 win seasons. Of course no one would have heard them....

I think most people say that because 1940-1961 is the pre-bowl era.

There you have it, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist. leodisflowers gets it. I don’t know many people that go clear back into the 1960s-1940s for records. Well, maybe some Iowa fans but not most other fans.

Last edited:

What, the one post where I was talking about that top 7 finish you was bragging about like it was a trophy or a National title? I was making a point. The Huskers have finished top 7 or better 21 times since the last time Iowa finished better then Top 7 and that was clear back during 1960.

That was it. Outside that, we are ALL talking about the last 20 years. You know, where you claim the Huskers haven’t done crap, yet, the Huskers have finished in the Top 25 7 times to Iowa’s 8. Seems to me, both programs are pretty similar the last 20 years (minus the last 3 seasons)....just saying.

Now enough of this stupid “Oh we are better then you” garbage. None of it makes a dam difference and it definitely doesn’t mean a thing going forward. Simply put, Huskers gained Oliver Martin as a walk on and dude has a high a ceiling. From the sounds of it from some of you Iowa fans in this thread, if Matt Lubick can find away to keep the young man focused and keep his mind on football, then Martin has a chance to be something special. GBR

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT