ADVERTISEMENT

PFF O-Line grades (warning, consult a Dr if you have underlying health conditions)

HominidHusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Jun 25, 2018
The following is not suitable for children or those with heart conditions, etc.

Player / Rush / Pass / Overall / Notes

Jurgens: 58 / 84 / 61 1 penalty
Corcoran: 57 / 33 / 51 2 sacks,1 QB hit,3 hurries
Sichterman: 53 / 17 / 45 1 sack,4 hurries,1 pnlty
Hixson: 42 / 33 / 40 1 sack,4 hurries,1 penalty
Benhart: 49 / 0 / 27 3 sacks, 1 QB hit, 7 hurries, 1 penalty.
Yes, that 0 pass grade for Benhart is not a typo.
A ZERO!!!
Also need to add that Austin Allen’s run blocking grade was a 49 while Vokolek had 52.

“Michigan State only brought more than a four-man rush four times and pressured Martinez on 25 of 44 dropbacks.”

I watched Corcoran a bit and I’m not sure if his grades are a little generous. He struggled every time I saw him.

7 sacks (although somewhere it says 11).
A couple are on Adrian for not getting rid of the ball, but this is a ridiculous stat against a middle of the road defense.

What’s the scoop on Benhart? Appears to be a pretty solid recruit.

Just a terrible game or has he not panned out?

I though mich state d-line was good
I don’t want to discredit their talent, but I think they almost doubled their sack total on the year against us and were ranked #79 in total defense before we played them despite having their own dominating rush game on offense.

It may be similar to us making Illinois look good, when they’re not.

Reactions: redwine65
What’s the scoop on Benhart? Appears to be a pretty solid recruit.

Just a terrible game or has he not panned out?
I’m not qualified to fully diagnose OL play, but I do know it’s all about footwork and technique.
Our footwork is lacking.
For Benhart specifically, his tall frame is also causing him some problems with leverage.
He’s been better in other games usually outperforming the others (minus Jurgens), but that’s not saying a lot.

Not that picking on one play is super relevant, but there was one where Rhamir almost had a nice hole to go through -and “I think” it may have been a 3rd and short we failed.
However, Corcoran easily made contact with his man but literally stopped his feet when simply moving his body to the inside would have opened that hole that Rhamir was running through instead of letting the defender come off the block to stop Rhamir at the line.
It stood out because it seemed like a basic fundamental move to run that play successfully.

ADVERTISEMENT