ADVERTISEMENT

PFF has Ben Stille 1st Team DL

Someone in the All B1G thread didn't like when I said Stille would be in contention for defensive honors. He had a solid year and yes that would be nice if he came back for another go.
Congratulations son! You worked really hard to earn this.

Reactions: countrybob
Someone in the All B1G thread didn't like when I said Stille would be in contention for defensive honors. He had a solid year and yes that would be nice if he came back for another go.
Don't tell Missus Jeans. She won't like this

Reactions: headcard
He came along around the end of the year. I still think he can be better.

I think it is edge defender. Like since outside linebackers and ends have started to become hybrids, usually see it as edge rusher.
That's right. Edge defender. Setting the edge refers to containing the run, but it can also be someone who is also an edge rusher.

I've said all along that Stille will be a pro. The NFL loves smart, high effort, high character guys who were productive in college. I said the same about Garrett Nelson last year (and got blasted for it). I imagine that neither of these two will be drafted, but they will latch on and hopefully last long enough to get their pension.

That's right. Edge defender. Setting the edge refers to containing the run, but it can also be someone who is also an edge rusher.

I've said all along that Stille will be a pro. The NFL loves smart, high effort, high character guys who were productive in college. I said the same about Garrett Nelson last year (and got blasted for it). I imagine that neither of these two will be drafted, but they will latch on and hopefully last long enough to get their pension.

Stille is NFL bound, no chance whatsoever for G. Nelson. JoJo is NFL bound.

Nelson is a better player than people give credit for. We actually had a really nice pass rush when both Nelson and Payne were rushing. But then of course we put Tannor back in and our pass rush is non-existent. Nelson is also very solid against the run, which people don't pay enough attention to.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT