ADVERTISEMENT

PFF College 10 Hardest schedules in College Football

That’s rich having the trolls from Iowa comparing strength of schedule. Pick damn near any year and compare their crossover games in conference to ours. Look at the 2024 schedules … we draw Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State; they draw Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana. Someone please explain the level playing field in this dumpster fire of a conference.
B1G (obviously) only cares about money. We are still a marquee draw, and infinitely bigger name than inbred iowa, thus, we play the other marquee names. The conference sells these matchups, and nobody’s buying iowa vs any of them.

Even at our lowest point in half a century, those with two nickels to rub together prefer our product over theirs.

They set the matchups to with Ohio St to showcase an East vs West matchup. They did the same with Iowa and Wisconsin with Penn St and Michigan respectively. The fact that Nebraska hasn't lived up to the billing isn't on the Big Ten. Now going forward, in 2022 to 2025

Here's a look at the protected crossovers:

• Illinois & Penn State
  • Indiana & Purdue
  • Iowa & Rutgers
  • Maryland & Northwestern
  • Michigan & Nebraska
  • Michigan State & Minnesota
  • Ohio State & Wisconsin

Based on today's records and trajectory, the only teams getting screwed are Wisconsin and Ohio St. So there is that.

Nebraska only plays Ohio St in 2024 in that time frame. Ironically, both Nebraska and Wisconsin play Penn St, Michigan and Ohio St in 2024. If all 5 teams are able to become or stay relevant that year, that would be some exciting football. Of course Iowa has Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana from the east.
What I heard is that they drew them out on a hat other wise why in the world would you have Ioway playing Rutgers?

During the duration since Nebraska came in the league Michigan State been the 3rd best team in the East, so why wouldn’t they have them play Wisconsin or Ioway if they were actually doing it to even out how teams have faired since 2011?

Wisconsin did play Maryland and Rutgers in 2014 but that was back when they played 8 conference games not 9..

What I heard is that they drew them out on a hat other wise why in the world would you have Ioway playing Rutgers?

During the duration since Nebraska came in the league Michigan State been the 3rd best team in the East, so why wouldn’t they have them play Wisconsin or Ioway if they were actually doing it to even out how teams have faired since 2011?

Wisconsin did play Maryland and Rutgers in 2014 but that was back when they played 8 conference games not 9..
The marquee names were going to be split up in the protected crossover games, when they went to 9 games in 2016. They announced the schedules for 2016 and 2017 in July 2013. At that time the marquee names were what they were, Michigan St is what Northwestern is now, IMHO. It isn't like they switched it annually. The 2018-2019 schedules were announced in October of 2013, 2020-2021 was announced Sept 2017. Finally, 2022-2025 announced in August 2018. For timing purposes, this was before Scott Frost coached his first game at Nebraska.

That’s rich having the trolls from Iowa comparing strength of schedule. Pick damn near any year and compare their crossover games in conference to ours. Look at the 2024 schedules … we draw Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State; they draw Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana. Someone please explain the level playing field in this dumpster fire of a conference.
Set the parameters and I’d be more than happy to play. Are we doing tiers? OSU, PSU, MSU, Michigan tier 1? Even though MSU isn’t what they were when the schedules were made. Do we just discount Indiana being good this year? Do we discount PSU being bad last year? What are your parameters and I’d be more than happy to play.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo

Because the Big Ten knew Schiano was gonna bring Rutgers out of the “ashes” and were putting it to Iowa. Other than that, idk, but I’m not about to complain. 😎

Set the parameters and I’d be more than happy to play. Are we doing tiers? OSU, PSU, MSU, Michigan tier 1? Even though MSU isn’t what they were when the schedules were made. Do we just discount Indiana being good this year? Do we discount PSU being bad last year? What are your parameters and I’d be more than happy to play.
MSU was never good. just B1G good (see: overrated).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT