ADVERTISEMENT

Pet Peeves - NU Football

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Listened to a podcast where they talked about Pet Peeves related to their favorite sport or team. It was pretty funny, so interested in hearing some on our side.

1. Calling any OL since the 90s the “Pipeline”. Drives me nuts

2. The announcers letting us know it’s third down. Not sure why that was ever added.

3. That Irish song. WTF are we doing?

Reactions: Zeke2005
Listened to a podcast where they talked about Pet Peeves related to their favorite sport or team. It was pretty funny, so interested in hearing some on our side.

2. The announcers letting us know it’s third down. Not sure why that was ever added.

That Irish song isnt really an Irish song. Its just an Irish styled local band singing it. It pays tribute to the teams of the past. Far better than that jump around shit.

Last edited:
Stand up and Shout
The yelling PA guy on 3rd down
Traffic after the game
Why is stand up and shout a pet peeve?
Sadly, some people need to be told what to do. Some only get it half right and just stand up, like that’s doing any ****ing good.

1. People that sit during the entire game.
2. People that hold conversations about stupid shit, not related to the game. Why did you waste the $$$$$ on a ticket.
3. Traffic, people driving slow in the left lane.

Reactions: leodisflowers
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Defense:
1. Overrunning a QB sack and missing the tackle. stop,drop,roll.
2. Soft coverage. We want it tight and hard. Worst is not playing the line to gain on 3rd down.
3. Tie: Poor tackling and not being lined up pre-snap

Offense:
1. No screen game- better under Rhule
2. Inability to run a normal route: drop back-throw a strike. Adrian M. was prime culprit of completing most throws on improvised scrambles.
3. Tie: OL not continuing to move their feet until the whistle blows and procedure penalties.

Special Teams:
1. More than 2 shanked punts in a year.

Reactions: Ki11ersker45
1. Stand up and shout....is that Sam Kinison? I like the reason, hate the sound. Find something else
2. Van Halen "Right now" stupid song.
3. Pilots of the flyover opening their shirts to reveal.......HUSKER shirts! Wow, crazy!
4. Fans singing BA BA BA on Sweet Caroline. So stupid.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Finishing near the bottom of the conference. Being in this conference to begin with (damn Texas)
Fans that are Excusing losing under Rhule because his teams aren’t very good until year 3 (why does it have to remain that way?)

BOOMER SOONER 14,000 times a game with broadcast mics next to the band.

I know I'm off topic but I hate it!!!

BOOMER SOONER 14,000 times a game with broadcast mics next to the band.

I know I'm off topic but I hate it!!!
😆 there was no way they could have had mics on for NU/sCUm.....would have been yuge fcc fines lol 😆 😂

Pet Peeves:
-Our matching band being a shell of its former self. Watching old games from the 80s and 90s, I didn’t know that we used to Boomer Sooner the hell out of our fight song after picking up 1st downs, big plays, etc. It sounded great, and just like after playing Tennessee, USC, and Oklahoma, you’d have remnants of Hail, Varsity! stuck in your head for days.

—No more “Can You Feel It?” at kickoff. Who cares that Frost didn’t like it?? All the more reason to bring it back. That’ll teach ‘em.

—Any talk about lowering capacity into the 70,000s. That home field advantage we had for Colorado? Do whatever you have to do to keep it.

—injured kickers

—Biggest pet peeve: losing close games where a mentally tough team that’s strong in the trenches would have made the difference.

The Simba cam & the dumb gopher with a corn head singing the beginning of “Day-O (the banana boat song). Both fricken annoy me at the games.

Pet Peeves:
-Our matching band being a shell of its former self. Watching old games from the 80s and 90s, I didn’t know that we used to Boomer Sooner the hell out of our fight song after picking up 1st downs, big plays, etc. It sounded great, and just like after playing Tennessee, USC, and Oklahoma, you’d have remnants of Hail, Varsity! stuck in your head for days.

—No more “Can You Feel It?” at kickoff. Who cares that Frost didn’t like it?? All the more reason to bring it back. That’ll teach ‘em.

—Any talk about lowering capacity into the 70,000s. That home field advantage we had for Colorado? Do whatever you have to do to keep it.

—injured kickers

—Biggest pet peeve: losing close games where a mentally tough team that’s strong in the trenches would have made the difference.
Agreed on the band. They're nothing like they used to be

Agreed on the band. They're nothing like they used to be
Wonder what happened? Terrible call to move away from what they were doing. I can’t believe how active and involved the marching band used to be—even in road games—compared to now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT