ADVERTISEMENT

People that loot and riot

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I will note that the Klan had their roots in the Democrat party. So are you saying that looting and burning businesses today is justified by something that happened 75 years ago? :rolleyes:
If stuff that happened 75+ years ago doesn't matter then why so much affinity in parts of this country for Confederate flags and monuments?

I wonder what they think about themselves when they get home. Stole some stuff, burned down somebody else's business, maybe assaulted a cop. When they lay down to go to sleep, what do you think goes through their mind? Can a person completely numb themselves from shame and honestly be happy with hurting others?
Life is about choices. Every choice we make has consequences. Some good, some bad, some both. Having sex produces a great consequences when you want a family, but provides a burden for those who do not.

These folks are the poster children for bad choices. As their bad choices mount, their anger and envy grows. They lash out thinking they are making a difference, not realizing it is just another bad choice with bad consequences.

Think about it - when in your life have you changed your mind or made a decision to support something based on somebody screaming in your face and breaking things?

These weak minded and mentally ill kids have been brought up by their single mothers and liberal feminist teachers and professors on the idea that America is a horrible, no good, dirty rotten racist patriarchical country that only cares about rich white men. They are told their whole lives this is a shit hole place run by greedy rich people and that LEOs gun down blacks in the street for fun. Im honestly surprised it took this long for them to try and burn our country to the ground.
Oh goodness.......this is drivel.....explanation not so cut and dry and inaccurate.

Reactions: ATX Husker
images

The next day, budding patriot John Adams wrote to his friend James Warren enthusiastically about the audacious stroke: “The Dye is cast: The People have passed the River and cutt away the Bridge: last Night Three Cargoes of Tea, were emptied into the Harbour. This is the grandest, Event, which has ever yet happened Since, the Controversy, with Britain, opened!” He added, “The Sublimity of it, charms me!”

“The People should never rise, without doing something to be remembered—something notable And striking.” he noted in his diary. “This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.” “The Question is whether the Destruction of this Tea was necessary?” he queried. “I apprehend it was absolutely and indispensably so.”

So you are now using as a justification for their actions people who you are tearing down statues of and erasing the history of ?

I think they would say "The ends justify the means".. think that runs true with the whole liberal world..
Really, I truly don't get that in my 82 yrs. and used to be a Republican, worked for Goldwater, etc. We have to understand what this country was founded on and realize that dissent is not threatening. Too bad it's not as possible anymore....Libs, facists, Qanon'ers, white nationalists, BLM'ers, etc....Everyone has their points of view. Disagree without being disagreeable. Otherwise, pox on all of you.

Reactions: JDskibum
Really, I truly don't get that in my 82 yrs. and used to be a Republican, worked for Goldwater, etc. We have to understand what this country was founded on and realize that dissent is not threatening. Too bad it's not as possible anymore....Libs, facists, Qanon'ers, white nationalists, BLM'ers, etc....Everyone has their points of view. Disagree without being disagreeable. Otherwise, pox on all of you.
Well said...

I wonder what they think about themselves when they get home. Stole some stuff, burned down somebody else's business, maybe assaulted a cop. When they lay down to go to sleep, what do you think goes through their mind? Can a person completely numb themselves from shame and honestly be happy with hurting others?
They probably wonder went through the cop’s mind as he was shooting black person in the back or kneeling on their neck... one person’s terrorist is another’s freedoms fighter...

They probably wonder went through the cop’s mind as he was shooting black person in the back or kneeling on their neck... one person’s terrorist is another’s freedoms fighter...
I hope those cops are nobody’s freedom fighters.

These weak minded and mentally ill kids have been brought up by their single mothers and liberal feminist teachers and professors on the idea that America is a horrible, no good, dirty rotten racist patriarchical country that only cares about rich white men. They are told their whole lives this is a shit hole place run by greedy rich people and that LEOs gun down blacks in the street for fun. Im honestly surprised it took this long for them to try and burn our country to the ground.

Here it is!

The call to prayer was interesting but when I was in Istanbul I made the mistake of getting a hotel near the Blue Mosque and that early and late call was a bit much. I proposed a new pillar of Islam be naps and texting instead of a call...

We would get flown back to Bahrain, and we would go to the Pizza Gut or Mc Donald's for lunch. The women were fully covered and wouldn't look at us. Most of the men were in robes and would just stare at us. Our allies. Lol. I always thought it was ironic they were eating at a United States chain restaurant. That hated us.

Reactions: bshirt73
We would get flown back to Bahrain, and we would go to the Pizza Gut or Mc Donald's for lunch. The women were fully covered and wouldn't look at us. Most of the men were in robes and would just stare at us. Our allies. Lol. I always thought it was ironic they were eating at a United States chain restaurant. That hated us.
Yeah i was the only male in an elevator of 4 fully covered women. They huddled in the corner and wouldn't look at me. I am not a fan of any religion but the hard core beliefs of that one are a head scratcher. Seeing a woman in the pool on a burkini was a sight

Keep defending rapists. I wish I could Thanos snap every rapist and render them handicapped. One down in WI.. several thousands to go.

Precisely why this is fake new
Life is about choices. Every choice we make has consequences. Some good, some bad, some both. Having sex produces a great consequences when you want a family, but provides a burden for those who do not.

These folks are the poster children for bad choices. As their bad choices mount, their anger and envy grows. They lash out thinking they are making a difference, not realizing it is just another bad choice with bad consequences.

Think about it - when in your life have you changed your mind or made a decision to support something based on somebody screaming in your face and breaking things?

Great post and spot on

They are too busy thinking about how great they are and what a just cause they are serving. You are assuming there is a natural response to right and wrong. Those lines are becoming blurred.

The only cause they're serving is personal gain.

I would be concerned about a country that doesn’t rise up if some of its citizens were being murdered in the street by those with authority and not being given the opportunity for due process.
Who’s being murdered?

I don't think insurance covers this type of thing. It gets classified as domestic terrorism. Insurance doesn't pay for acts of war or terrorism.

So people that work hard to build a business are having years of equity destroyed. Other people that work for big chains get layed off. Where's the justice in that?

Misery loves company? How is make you feel our pain a solution? And for those who say that - Who the hell has burned down your business?

All you get is a tit for tat, middle east 1000 year grudge, multi-tribe, local militia,warlord,Hatfield-McCoy, road warrior world. No thanks. Looting and riots are stupid and unacceptable at any level.

images

The next day, budding patriot John Adams wrote to his friend James Warren enthusiastically about the audacious stroke: “The Dye is cast: The People have passed the River and cutt away the Bridge: last Night Three Cargoes of Tea, were emptied into the Harbour. This is the grandest, Event, which has ever yet happened Since, the Controversy, with Britain, opened!” He added, “The Sublimity of it, charms me!”

“The People should never rise, without doing something to be remembered—something notable And striking.” he noted in his diary. “This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.” “The Question is whether the Destruction of this Tea was necessary?” he queried. “I apprehend it was absolutely and indispensably so.”
Hmmm, are you advocating for the burning down of cities, the murder of innocent children, wives, fathers, our fellow citizens, for the antagonizing of folks because they do not agree with their ideology, for the cancelling of culture because to some, there is no free speech, the list goes on.

What is your point with regard to the dumping of Tea?

This literally happened...in America...to veterans. It's called The Red Summer. If you haven't heard of it, then you don't know your own country's history.

"White sailors recently home from the war had been on a days-long drunken rampage, assaulting, and in some cases lynching, black people on the capitol’s streets. The relentless onslaught proved contagious, escalating in dozens of cities across the U.S. in what would become known as the The Red Summer.

The racist attacks in 1919 were widespread, and often indiscriminate, but in many places, they were initiated by white servicemen and centered upon the 380,000 black veterans who had just returned from the war. “Because of their military service, black veterans were seen as a particular threat to Jim Crow and racial subordination,”

Here's some depictions:

red-summer-1919-gettyimages-515209814.jpg

red-summer-1919-chicago-race-riots-gettyimages-86288859.jpg

I read the Red Summer article linked in your post, you sure sell it different then what it actually states. Centered on 380,000 black veterans returning? Really?

On July 27, 1919, an African American teenager drowned in Lake Michigan after violating the unofficial segregation of Chicago’s beaches and being stoned by a group of white youths. His death, and the police’s refusal to arrest the white man whom eyewitnesses identified as causing it, sparked a week of rioting between gangs of Black and white Chicagoans, concentrated on the South Side neighborhood surrounding the stockyards. When the riots ended on August 3, 15 white and 23 Black people had been killed and more than 500 people injured; an additional 1,000 Black families had lost their homes when they were torched by rioters.

I also read Wikipedia on Red Summer. your number and synopsis are skewed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Summer

Nice Try!

If stuff that happened 75+ years ago doesn't matter then why so much affinity in parts of this country for Confederate flags and monuments?
The vast majority of people who have had affinity for those things are not racists. The confederate flag was and still is to some a symbol of people rebelling against a strong central government. Yes part of that at the time was the slavery issue but there was more to the Civil War than slavery. Rednecks displaying confederate flags aren't typically doing it as a sign of their racist philosophy. It's a display of their regional pride.

I don't support displaying confederate symbols but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. I'm also NOT a fan of statues to ANYBODY. I don't care who they are BUT they are art and commemorate history, good or bad. The thing with the confederate monuments is political correctness run amuck IMO. Again, I don't like statues in general but you don't pull them down with a log chain. Take them down and display them in a museum similar to the holocaust museum.

This country's history of slavery is not really different than any other country's and slavery is still practiced elsewhere. Interestingly the people selling slaves to whites were almost exclusively black tribes selling off their enemies. Society today in our country is so far removed from slavery that it's ridiculous to continue the narrative. Blacks in so many cases have opportunities to gain entrance to colleges and jobs that whites with similar qualifications have no shot at. You can't change every single person's prejudices no matter how much history you try to erase.

The vast majority of people who have had affinity for those things are not racists. The confederate flag was and still is to some a symbol of people rebelling against a strong central government. Yes part of that at the time was the slavery issue but there was more to the Civil War than slavery. Rednecks displaying confederate flags aren't typically doing it as a sign of their racist philosophy. It's a display of their regional pride.

I don't support displaying confederate symbols but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. I'm also NOT a fan of statues to ANYBODY. I don't care who they are BUT they are art and commemorate history, good or bad. The thing with the confederate monuments is political correctness run amuck IMO. Again, I don't like statues in general but you don't pull them down with a log chain. Take them down and display them in a museum similar to the holocaust museum.

This country's history of slavery is not really different than any other country's and slavery is still practiced elsewhere. Interestingly the people selling slaves to whites were almost exclusively black tribes selling off their enemies. Society today in our country is so far removed from slavery that it's ridiculous to continue the narrative. Blacks in so many cases have opportunities to gain entrance to colleges and jobs that whites with similar qualifications have no shot at. You can't change every single person's prejudices no matter how much history you try to erase.
Some proponents of the Confederate flag cite heritage or regional pride as you suggested. Its meaning comes from the generational knowledge that has been passed down in their families. At the same time, generational knowledge has been passed down about slavery, Jim Crow, etc in families which were affected by it. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but I think it is a double standard to accept that argument for some folks and to claim we need to move on to other folks.

Last edited:
Some proponents of the Confederate flag cite heritage or regional pride as you suggested. Its meaning comes from the generational knowledge that has been passed down in their families. At the same time, generational knowledge has been passed down about slavery in families which were affected by it. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but I think it is a double standard to accept that argument for some folks and to claim we need to move on to other folks.
You most definitely were trying to be inflammatory. In addition you were using some horrible behavior from 101 years ago to justify rioting and looting. I saw one article from a national publication a few days ago that said "looting proves that reparations are warranted". WTH. That said, I am NOT sad to see confederate flags disappear from race cars and public buildings. What an individual knucklehead decides to do is his own problem.

Excellent post sir......extremely well stated.

I'm not advocating for their death but when do we quit avoiding the criminal history of the perp and what led up to the shooting. These cops aren't just walking up to an individual and shooting, and there not just shooting because the individual is black.
More whites are killed then black in the same scenario, numbers show that. Should the white community be marching, looting, and burning.

In the Blake case, the cops were called to the situation by the black community based on a disturbance and knew Blake had a warrant for felony sexual assault. They attempted to subdue him and at one point had a police officer in a headlock. Tasers didn't stop him. They gave him numerous chances to surrender. Did he? Did he threaten harm with a deadly weapon? Yes. Where was he heading and what was he reaching for? Are the cops suppose to let him pull a gun and shoot first to insure that is his actual intentions? Blake knew full, good and well of what may happen and is responsible for the outcome of that situation, not the cops!
Quit making a martyr out of a criminals that have no intent on doing the right thing. White, black, or any other race, I'd feel the same.

Last edited:

hell of a symbol to adopt to show your regional pride

EaQxA8WUwAEEwdX

but then again many probably feel the same way about this flag

nazi-party-flag-1.jpg

I'm not advocating for their death but when do we quit avoiding the criminal history of the perp and what led up to the shooting. These cops aren't just walking up to an individual and shooting, and there not just shooting because the individual is black.
More whites are killed then black in the same scenario, numbers show that. Should the white community be marching, looting, and burning.

In the Blake case, the cops were called to the situation by the black community based on a disturbance and knew Blake had a warrant for felony sexual assault. They attempted to subdue him and at one point had a police officer in a headlock. Tasers didn't stop him. They gave him numerous chances to surrender. Did he? Did he threaten harm with a deadly weapon? Yes. Where was he heading and what was he reaching for? Are the cops suppose to let him pull a gun and shoot first to insure that is his actual intentions? Blake knew full, good and well of what may happen and is responsible for the outcome of that situation, not the cops!
Quit making a martyr out of a criminal that has no intent on doing the right thing. White, black, or any other race, I'd feel the same.
Yet you will NEVER see what led up to Blake being shot reported by the national media. We only got to see the full video of Floyd's attempted arrest after the AG was FORCED to release it. My word, that dude was higher than a kite on meth and fentanyl.

They don't have enough self awareness to even have the feeling of guilt. Zero moral compass. One day karma will catch up and I won't feel sorry...

Reactions: bshirt73
missing the part where it was later adopted as a source of pride after being a symbol of fascism and genocide

Read the article.. Shows you what it meant until someone along the way changed it. The Confederate Flag did have a really bad meaning behind it but had morphed a little bit over time. Sorry a fact based article didn't fit your narrative.

Read the article.. Shows you what it meant until someone along the way changed it. The Confederate Flag did have a really bad meaning behind it but had morphed a little bit over time. Sorry a fact based article didn't fit your narrative.

again show me where the Nazi flag after having “a really bad meaning behind it” has morphed into a source of pride

Yes something can have initial good intentions but once it comes to symbolize something like Hitler’s Germany or white supremacy it loses it’s rehab potential. In the case of the confederate flag it originated as a symbol of white supremacy.

Last edited:
I don't think insurance covers this type of thing. It gets classified as domestic terrorism. Insurance doesn't pay for acts of war or terrorism.

So people that work hard to build a business are having years of equity destroyed. Other people that work for big chains get layed off. Where's the justice in that?

Misery loves company? How is make you feel our pain a solution? And for those who say that - Who the hell has burned down your business?

All you get is a tit for tat, middle east 1000 year grudge, multi-tribe, local militia,warlord,Hatfield-McCoy, road warrior world. No thanks. Looting and riots are stupid and unacceptable at any level.

I am a claim adjuster at a high risk insurance company, these losses are being covered by us. I cannot speak for other companies, but I suspect most are following suit. Having said that, it's immaterial. What's happening is wrong and a certain political side is condoning this death and destruction because they think it helps their chances in a few months. It's total bullshit and every single law abiding citizen who pays their taxes and insurance premiums will be paying for all this when it's said and done. You think my company is just going to shrug its shoulders and say "Oh well, we didn't do so hot in that area last year, so it goes"? No, they're going to bend everyone over and stick up their ass, sans lube, and we will all pay for it.

again show me where the Nazi flag after having “a really bad meaning behind it” has morphed into a source of pride

Yes something can have initial good intentions but once it comes to symbolize something like Hitler’s Germany or white supremacy it loses it’s rehab potential.

All I stated is how things changed over time. The swastika is not close to that at this time, but the Confederate Flag had undergone a bit of a shift. I think most people think of it as a symbol of the South vs. the quote you posted of the founder of the flag.

hell of a symbol to adopt to show your regional pride

EaQxA8WUwAEEwdX

but then again many probably feel the same way about this flag

nazi-party-flag-1.jpg
Did a little fact checking and this quote is just as verifiable as Lyndon Johnson stating the Democrat party will have those (offensive word) voting for them for the 200 years by handing out checks.

The last time the Democrats were this angry was when their slaves were freed by the Republicans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tappan_Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT