ADVERTISEMENT

People need to be patient with Rhule …..

We’re a lot further away than ‘a couple players’. Played a lot of games this year with teams better at EVERY POSITION. Yeah there’s development, but we’re not gonna ‘develop’ past a certain point. Speed can’t be ‘developed’, much. Intelligence sure as hell can’t. We have a talent problem, across the board, IMHO.

And bear in mind this does NOT equate other conferences. This is in comparison to other Big 10 teams
“Played a lot of games this year with teams better at EVERY POSITION.”

Name one please. This statement goes way too far.

“Played a lot of games this year with teams better at EVERY POSITION.”

Name one please. This statement goes way too far.
well, Oklahoma, Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan come to mind. Most if not every position on the field. Better, faster, bigger. Smarter overall. Even GaSouthern... they just had more talented players at the skill positions, and admittedly were a helluva lot better coached.

We have a talent problem, pure and simple, and I just don't see this guy as being able to fix it. Especially in this new era where schools are essentially able to Purchase it. We're not a wealthy school, and obviously not a favorite destination for elite talent. That's why I'm asking WHY this guy.

well, Oklahoma, Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan come to mind. Most if not every position on the field. Better, faster, bigger. Smarter overall. Even GaSouthern... they just had more talented players at the skill positions, and admittedly were a helluva lot better coached.

We have a talent problem, pure and simple, and I just don't see this guy as being able to fix it. Especially in this new era where schools are essentially able to Purchase it. We're not a wealthy school, and obviously not a favorite destination for elite talent. That's why I'm asking WHY this guy.
But that isn't what I have seen or heard. I thought NU was one of the leaders in the NIL initiative. And schools are not able to purchase talent. I think you may have confusion of what the NIL initiative actually is.

I will wait and see

Do people not learn from the past?

Sucking this fat guy off day 1 is pointless

Hope he’s good. Not holding my breath

He’s no Scott Frost, but calling the guy fat might be a little aggressive maybe? Pudgy with small arms seems better.

Is your last comment a troll or are you being serious?

We have an estimated $10 million for NIL money.

I am not unhappy

Just realistic

This guy should not get 2 years to “rebuild”. He should win now. We have nothing but cupcakes on the schedule

Guys/gals. This dude is a total troll. Don’t take him seriously.

High school kid who lives down the street from my family in Lincoln. Nice family.

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis and WHCSC
Is your last comment a troll or are you being serious?

We have an estimated $10 million for NIL money.
...which is middle of the road amongst Big10 schools and probably not in the top 50 nationally. We have a very small fraction of what A&M has.
But that isn't what I have seen or heard. I thought NU was one of the leaders in the NIL initiative. And schools are not able to purchase talent. I think you may have confusion of what the NIL initiative actually is.
...and no, not too confused. Know a couple of NU's 'big donors' pretty well (I'm not one of them, lol), know well enough how it works.

Point is that NIL, while we've gotten a handful of pretty good athletes out of the deal, I don't think just mathematically is gonna do us too many favors in the grand scheme of things.

We’re a lot further away than ‘a couple players’. Played a lot of games this year with teams better at EVERY POSITION. Yeah there’s development, but we’re not gonna ‘develop’ past a certain point. Speed can’t be ‘developed’, much. Intelligence sure as hell can’t. We have a talent problem, across the board, IMHO.

And bear in mind this does NOT equate other conferences. This is in comparison to other Big 10 teamsth
Talent wise we should have beaten Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota and Wisconsin this year. We did beat Iowa while missing 3/4 of our back 8 starting defenders. Get Nouilli and Teddy back, add a few starting transfers maybe and if CT comes back there is no reason this team couldn’t compete with all but 2 of the league talent wise.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Talent wise we should have beaten Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota and Wisconsin this year. We did beat Iowa while missing 3/4 of our back 8 starting defenders. Get Nouilli and Teddy back, add a few starting transfers maybe and if CT comes back there is no reason this team couldn’t compete with all but 2 of the league talent wise.
boy I hope you're right. Want nothing more than to support a competitive team again. This just feels like the last couple hires... same success story coaching (did well in Not the Big 10), Zero/minimal success Recruiting. Not optimistic just on the optics. Happy to be wrong.

boy I hope you're right. Want nothing more than to support a competitive team again. This just feels like the last couple hires... same success story coaching (did well in Not the Big 10), Zero/minimal success Recruiting. Not optimistic just on the optics. Happy to be wrong.
Ifs and buts but IF we had started the year with Busch at DC and kept CT, Reimer and Henrich healthy this team talent wise was easily an 8 win team. We beat Iowa with backups starting at safety, corner and all of our linebacker spots. Add in without our starting LT and guard. Piece in a couple of JUCO guys and maybe a true freshman stud and this team should go bowling at least. Keeping CT or replacing him is a wild card

Ifs and buts but IF we had started the year with Busch at DC and kept CT, Reimer and Henrich healthy this team talent wise was easily an 8 win team. We beat Iowa with backups starting at safety, corner and all of our linebacker spots. Add in without our starting LT and guard. Piece in a couple of JUCO guys and maybe a true freshman stud and this team should go bowling at least. Keeping CT or replacing him is a wild card
Hausmann wasn't a backup - he has surpassed both Heinrich & Reimers as our best linebacker

I agree we would've won 2 more minimum with CT healthy

Dinglefritz is on the right road here. This team does not lack in talent. This team has had no coaching or leadership from staff since Frost took over. Let's stop our pre-judgements of the staff and the players until we see what is happening next fall when they step on the field after a normal off-season rather than the cluster that existed under Frost.

How many first round draft picks has he produced within his frames of development? Anyone have that stat?

This fat slob better win right away or it’ll be a long 8 years
I disagree. It's a win right away approach that partially got us into this mess. Mediocre transfers, low upside HS recruits who you hope can play early, green jerseys on 4th string QBs & not tackling in the spring to cut down on injury risk leading up to the season opener four months away....

Interesting take

One of the things that drew me to it is knowing that Scott had been there for the last several years," Rhule said. "Scott Frost is a coach that I truly respect and consider a friend. And so I know that program has a good culture, I know they know how to work. Now it's about just all of us picking up moving forward."
Coaches who are professional do not bash other coaches. That's quite a contrast to the crap Scott Frost used to say about Riley's program (which was a red flag).

Rhule will show slow but steady progress. Nine wins in year three. Don't expect an immediate TCU turnaround.

...which is middle of the road amongst Big10 schools and probably not in the top 50 nationally. We have a very small fraction of what A&M has.

...and no, not too confused. Know a couple of NU's 'big donors' pretty well (I'm not one of them, lol), know well enough how it works.

Point is that NIL, while we've gotten a handful of pretty good athletes out of the deal, I don't think just mathematically is gonna do us too many favors in the grand scheme of things.

I forget who were compared to who had $5 million, but $10 million is not middle of the road. Not even close.

Zero/minimal success recruiting hahaha. That's funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Zero/minimal success recruiting hahaha. That's funny. Thanks for the laugh.
Name the last time we had a top 10 class…

Cally? Seriously…

Gonna be difficult to complete w/ Big 10 titles without consistent top 10 talent, at least in the Big 10. The top 10’s have won just about every B10 title. No?

I’ll ask again… how many first rounders has Ruehl produced total? I’d consider that a pretty telling stat.

Cally? Seriously…

Gonna be difficult to complete w/ Big 10 titles without consistent top 10 talent, at least in the Big 10. The top 10’s have won just about every B10 title. No?

I’ll ask again… how many first rounders has Ruehl produced total? I’d consider that a pretty telling stat.

There is an article floating around here about how Rhule recruited at Temple and Baylor, knowing he was at a disadvantage to other top programs. You should read it.

Cally? Seriously…

24 Rhule players in NFL right now from Temple and Baylor, none of them were 4 or 5 stars.

So there is that….keep in mind he was recruiting to places with FAR more disadvantages than Nebraska at the time.

I don’t take this to mean Rhule will not go after 4-5 stars, but he will have a player profile that will include much more than star rating.

Lol. Patience from frosturbators? Hardly. The people that are most upset look to be women, and obese males. None of them have a clue about the game.
You lose all credibility with the use of frosturbators. Have some respect dude. He was a national championship winning QB @ NU. We all wanted it to work out but unfortunately it did not. Are you even a Husker fan to spew this garbage?

I am not unhappy

Just realistic

This guy should not get 2 years to “rebuild”. He should win now. We have nothing but cupcakes on the schedule
Idiot alert!!! You do realize that NU needs to rise above the cupcake level before this expectation is reasonable don't you?

Going back with the thread title, Rhule is getting paid like a coach who should win right away, and that's exactly what I expect.
Idiot, HTF does anyone win "right away" @ a program that has been a dumpster fire since Pelini was let go? Are you 12?

Reactions: bshirt73
year 1, I see rhule having them coached up enough not to shoot themselfs in the foot.
(mickey and bill did a good job of starting to reverse that over the season)
and winning close ones like sg, and wisconson..reducing the spread in them mich/0u type games

(if we keep most everyone)

Last edited:

Building a $150 million facility. Have $10m+ warchest for NIL. Going to earn $90 million / year from new TV deal.

But not a wealthy school lol....jeez, some of the takes here.

This is a perfect example of what I’ve been trying to tell everyone but no one wants to acknowledge… This guy is just saying what everyone wants to hear and is blowing smoke up everyones Ass!

It’s not hard to see it if you have any street smarts at all. Unfortunately we have to draw a map and spell it out for everyone over here. This was another lmao article I read this morning.

On another note, I’m really interested in hearing what some of our All-American players think about the hire. I tried looking on their twitter accounts but didn’t see any mention of the new hire.

It would be nice to hear the opinion's of the Wistroms, Peters, Suhs and Fraziers of the world… anyone seen anything regarding their opinion?
Opinions from those guys would be hard to gauge, 3 of the 4 played for a top 5 coach in college football history. Every coach is a putz next to TO in their eyes.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT