ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St gets away with targeting final 2 minutes

no better than either NU calls, he absolutely lowered head, either it is or it isn't for everyone

no better than either NU calls, he absolutely lowered head, either it is or it isn't for everyone
Another poster said it earlier today: "Targeting is at the discretion of each crew."

Does an official in the booth or in Chicago look at each one?

Two years in a row #13 for Penn State got away with obvious targeting vs IU. Saturday on IU's last carry of the first half, Scott fumbled. They went to review to see if any time left and was clear as day. Last year he and another Lion vs Whop should have been bounced on THE SAME PLAY. Instead it was a game altering fumble and neither guy was ejected. Whop left with concussion for rest of game and the next week vs UM.

Reactions: 76-1
Two years in a row #13 for Penn State got away with obvious targeting vs IU. Saturday on IU's last carry of the first half, Scott fumbled. They went to review to see if any time left and was clear as day. Last year he and another Lion vs Whop should have been bounced on THE SAME PLAY. Instead it was a game altering fumble and neither guy was ejected. Whop left with concussion for rest of game and the next week vs UM.

You had to be thinking they were going to change the last play.

Whether it did or didn't cross the plain of the goal line, I had already prepared myself for the impending doom of a reversal. As a long suffering IU football fan of 40+ years, I've had lots of experience with kicks to the sack kind of losses.

ADVERTISEMENT