ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Rhoads fired from Iowa State

Not sure who they think they'll get who'd be better?
For the sake of throwing names out there. I'm not sure any of them are better than Rhodes, but I'd take a look at these guys.

Dino Babers
Diaco
Curtesy call to Herman, who laughs and hangs up
Fritz- ga state

Durkin
Frost
Brian Ferentz!
Other coordinator

Hoke
Muschamp
Richt-he'll be looking for a job
Pelini
Other re-tread (sarkisian?)

pelini_index.jpg

Bo Pelini would be an interesting choice for Iowa State ...

peace

Dan McCarney is available....

It will be interesting to see if Pelini and Frost are candidates. Niumatalalo would be a slam dunk, he's a guy I was hoping we'd at least interview. But I doubt he leaves Navy for Iowa State, he makes almost $2 million/year at Navy, which is about what ISU paid Rhoades. He'll get better job offers with the year he's having.

Pelini would be a disaster at ISU. If he couldn't recruit worth a darn here, how will he recruit to a program with zero tradition? How will he beat the Texas and Oklahoma schools with a roster of 2-star players?

Now that Niumatalolo is in a conference at Navy, maybe he would consider Iowa State?

Georgia Tech, now Iowa State?

peace
I don't see him ever leaving Navy but if he does I really think that Illinois would be a great spot for him.

Rhoads was on the hot seat before this season even started. Probably needed a bowl to save his job, so I guess I am hardly surprised.

Change for the sake of change ... ISU may fall down on this one.

Rhoads has pulled off some surprising wins over the years. His teams couldn't close, but they were competitive vs. Oklahoma State and @ Kansas State. Losing leads ... against teams with a better history of success.

However, other than McCarney and Rhoads of late ... who has succeeded at ISU?

Could we see the next Gene Chizik in Ames?

peace

Funny that a few years back Rhoads could have cashed in for a bigger job. His energy reinvigorated the program there similar to what Pelini did at Nebraska, but that energy only takes you so far.

ADVERTISEMENT