ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Chryst out at Wisconsin

I mean if you’re going to fire the head coach and you “think” there is a possibility that the interim could be your guy then it’s a great move to do it early in season.
Give the interim that trial, gives you a sense as to whether he can do it. It’s lower risk in my opinion, worst case, interim isn’t the guy and you get to bring in a new guy.
I don’t believe TA had that in mind at NE, I think he initially had every intention of going out and getting a big name BUT I think he may be looking a little closer at Coach Joseph. Coach Joseph has handled himself with class, said all the right things and put an improved product on the field in just two weeks. How could you not consider him?

And the coach on the opposite sideline, on his way out.

My only claim to this crystal ball quote from yesterday is having a friend that is tight with the sports world in Madison. Didn’t think he was serious.

The rumor floating in certain circles in Madison is things got heated with Chryst and the wrong people. (person).

Wonder if Wisconsin is gonna promote their HC in waiting or. Bring someone from the outside.

That would be all on Frost. Are you trying to say Frost should have been given more time? He should have been fired (by this fan) after Year 2.
No I’m saying Frost would have been gone much sooner had the stadium been progressively more and more empty

Reactions: tarheelhusker
No I’m saying Frost would have been gone much sooner had the stadium been progressively more and more empty
I suppose it matter more to the few supporters and if they decide to stop donating to the program. I think you have some rosy idea that if fans stopped showing up that they could help this process along. Probably not as much effect as the big money donors that control the program.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
My first thought is that Leonhard will be the favorite to be the permanent head coach - unless things go completely off the rails
you don't need to fire right now for leonhard but you do for leipold

Whatever first game their interim HC wins is good enough for me to have their AD seriously consider them and honestly I’d say that they’d be hard pressed not to take away the interim tag and make him sign on the dotted line right then and there to be their next HC he is a Wisconsin guy and this is a no brainer

Too many fans thinking about the effect this has on Leipold. This means that Paul Chryst is on the market. Although you might not like him as a candidate, bringing Wisconsin’s style of play to Nebraska is something I would enjoy.

Another example of a coach who does really well with the previous coach’s recruits but then starts to slide backward starting in year five when the team is totally his. Can’t blame Wisconsin for doing this. Chryst is an asshole and there were clear signs the program was regressing.
Bingo

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
ADVERTISEMENT