ADVERTISEMENT

Pats-Broncos

Ronnie Hillman has zero football sense. How do you just forget to secure the ball on a lateral? Most middleschool players would know to recover the ball after you drop a lateral.

Ronnie Hillman has zero football sense. How do you just forget to secure the ball on a lateral? Most middleschool players would know to recover the ball after you drop a lateral.
Yeah, that was a bonehead play and it completely turned the momentum. Have to go after that ball and at least bat it out of bounds.

Even though I think Bill Belichick is dirty and a jerk, you got to admit he pays attention to all the little details like challenging that play.

Good Lord, Jim Nantz should be wearing Tom Brady footie pajamas for th

Because there was only 2:05 left. Pats would not have used the time out - two-minute warning.

Right. I said that before the play, but then forgot. I've been running around my place working on a new HTPC project. My attention is elsewhere.

I don't give the Broncos a great chance in the Super Bowl, but I'm glad the sent the Pats packing.

And made Chiefs fans wait two more weeks for something to celebrate.

Hindsight is 20-20 but if NE just kicks 3 field goals instead of going on 4th down the last 3 drives, they win by 1.
I thought they would kick the FG on the first 4th down - to get within five points. Not sure why they went for that one, with Denver's offense sputtering. The second one I could understand, because they risked not getting the ball back at all if Denver manages a first down or two.

Broncos pass rush was great but I saw alot of Pats receivers getting held, interfered, etc. NFL/Refs wanted Manning in SB50 and got their wish.

Broncos pass rush was great but I saw alot of Pats receivers getting held, interfered, etc. NFL/Refs wanted Manning in SB50 and got their wish.
Bullcrap, how many times did Brady intentionally ground the football? Hochibum didn't call a one! I'm sure Thomas was held at least five times, plus Bulter took his fair share of cheap shots, nothing happened. Did you follow how many of Denver's penalties were called from the Pats side of field, all but two. If anything NFL goofballs were pulling for Brady.

I am a Vikings fan - but I like Brady more than Manning because Manning was a turdberger about getting his arse kicked by the Huskers in the OB. And all that BS Omaha crap window dressing - just run the farging play.

I am really torn about SB50 because I dislike Newton and Manning equally. Since I like the Chiefs too....I guess I will go with the Panthers and hope I don't have to watch a Newton TD dance.

It was a great game. All this talk about conspiracies, refs, holding, intentional grounding and what not is so asinine and only detracts from how great the game was. I say that as a die hard Patriots fan. Obviously disappointed in the outcome, but it was one of the best games I've seen in years. Well coached and executed, great defense against a great offense. The Broncos D had the upper hand and forced critical mistakes. That and a missed extra point were the difference in the game. The refs played a minimal role (outside ruling the lateral a fumble), and that is a large part of what made it so great. Brady, as usual, said as much in his post-game press conference. I know its popular to tear him down at every opportunity, but he gave all the credit to the Broncos defense, their ability to generate pressure, and credit to Peyton and the offense for capitalizing at critical moments - as he should have.

It was a great game. All this talk about conspiracies, refs, holding, intentional grounding and what not is so asinine and only detracts from how great the game was. I say that as a die hard Patriots fan. Obviously disappointed in the outcome, but it was one of the best games I've seen in years. Well coached and executed, great defense against a great offense. The Broncos D had the upper hand and forced critical mistakes. That and a missed extra point were the difference in the game. The refs played a minimal role (outside ruling the lateral a fumble), and that is a large part of what made it so great. Brady, as usual, said as much in his post-game press conference. I know its popular to tear him down at every opportunity, but he gave all the credit to the Broncos defense, their ability to generate pressure, and credit to Peyton and the offense for capitalizing at critical moments - as he should have.

Brady, much like Manning, is really hard to dislike I. I know tons of folks do, but I love that guy.

Imagine if Brady had a true #1 WR to stretch the field.

Lafell did a decent job of that last year, but was mostly a non-factor this year and a complete non-factor yesterday. His drops and injuries no doubt played a role, but he might not be on the team next year. We'll see.

The Pats would certainly seem to benefit from a deep threat and people have been pining for one since the departure of Moss. But that's not really Brady's strength anyway, or what their offensive philosophy is predicated on, and surely not something he'll get better at with age. I don't think it would have made a difference yesterday in any case. Von Miller was basically right earlier in the week when he said "I only need one second [to get to Brady]." They just bitch-slapped our o-line.

Great comments CC. Excellent game for sure. Hindsight is easy, but they should've kicked that FG with 5-6 min left in Q4. Hopefully the Superbowl is as good of a game

They had James White lining up as a wideout and came close to hitting him deep. A deep threat would have made the difference just as much as a better OL. I don't think they like LaFell.

Imagine if Brady had a true #1 WR to stretch the field.
Imagine if Bill B had Manning. 7 or 8 super bowls. NE is always loaded with talent. Brady is 2 for 23 on passes over 20 yards. Not sure he wants to stretch the field. He's the best system QB. You can't cover his weapons. He flat choked on the 2 point conversion. He's a great leader and competitor but the Emmit Smith of our generation. After the dust settles and people look at how talented NE and BB are he'll be top 5 or 6. He can't win without the HOFers.

Imagine if Bill B had Manning. 7 or 8 super bowls. NE is always loaded with talent. Brady is 2 for 23 on passes over 20 yards. Not sure he wants to stretch the field. He's the best system QB. You can't cover his weapons. He flat choked on the 2 point conversion. He's a great leader and competitor but the Emmit Smith of our generation. After the dust settles and people look at how talented NE and BB are he'll be top 5 or 6. He can't win without the HOFers.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more.

I think Brady is arguably the greatest QB ever, strikes me as unimaginable that somebody thinks they could find 4-5 better QB's to talk about than Brady.

Great comments CC. Excellent game for sure. Hindsight is easy, but they should've kicked that FG with 5-6 min left in Q4. Hopefully the Superbowl is as good of a game

Agreed, but hindsight is 20/20. I think they thought they had the perfect play called and the fake run/screen to Edelman was actually well executed. Equally well executed was Harris' tackle. That play sticks out to me as a microcosm of the game generally.

They had James White lining up as a wideout and came close to hitting him deep. A deep threat would have made the difference just as much as a better OL. I don't think they like LaFell.

But a big part of White's (near) success was the fact that he was being covered by linebackers.

Yeah, let's see how you or Manning 'choke' on that play given the onslaught of pressure he faced all day. Not coincidentally, he was running for his life then too.

Manning can't hold Brady's jock in adverse conditions. Bring up deflated balls if you want. Brady is as good in the cold as anyone had ever been, and that is one obvious reason Manning has not had the post season success Tom has had.

If there were a blizzard in Denver yesterday, who would've won? There is no question in my mind: the team that lost.

Yeah, let's see how you or Manning 'choke' on that play given the onslaught of pressure he faced all day. Not coincidentally, he was running for his life then too.

Manning can't hold Brady's jock in adverse conditions. Bring up deflated balls if you want. Brady is as good in the cold as anyone had ever been, and that is one obvious reason Manning has not had the post season success Tom has had.

If there were a blizzard in Denver yesterday, who would've won? There is no question in my mind: the team that lost.
Great point. If the rabbit didn't stop the dog would have never caught him??? Manning, 4 SBs with 4 diff coaches. I don't think they'll win, but what he and the Elways did with little talent is crazy. I'd put Cam in that group. No other QB would have the Panthers in the SB other than Cam. Not even the best QB, A Rogers. Brady = system QB. See Matt Cassell. See the best coaches and franchise, see the most draft picks, see the most cheating, see the most HOF......name Manning defense of HOF or Elways? I'll wait.

3-1 in AFC title games against Brady means that you can't say what you just did. 3-1 isn't a fluke.

Sure I can say it. You're neglecting entirely the premise of my post: weather has an affect on outcomes. When you look at the playoff records, and not just AFC Championship games (which is an arbitrary cutoff,) Brady is 2-3 against Manning. When did Manning win? In the RCA dome (2006), and in Denver (2012, yesterday). All of his wins were played in good or ideal conditions. When did he lose? Playing in Foxborough in shit weather. In fact, Manning showed a remarkable penchant for throwing pics to Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, and Tedy Bruschi. Bruschi liked to respond by sliding in the snow.

Great point. If the rabbit didn't stop the dog would have never caught him??? Manning, 4 SBs with 4 diff coaches. I don't think they'll win, but what he and the Elways did with little talent is crazy. I'd put Cam in that group. No other QB would have the Panthers in the SB other than Cam. Not even the best QB, A Rogers. Brady = system QB. See Matt Cassell. See the best coaches and franchise, see the most draft picks, see the most cheating, see the most HOF......name Manning defense of HOF or Elways? I'll wait.

I'll wait until you can come up with a coherent argument that doesn't beg the question. No thanks.

Sure I can say it. You're neglecting entirely the premise of my post: weather has an affect on outcomes. When you look at the playoff records, and not just AFC Championship games (which is an arbitrary cutoff,) Brady is 2-3 against Manning. When did Manning win? In the RCA dome (2006), and in Denver (2012, yesterday). All of his wins were played in good or ideal conditions. When did he lose? Playing in Foxborough in shit weather. In fact, Manning showed a remarkable penchant for throwing pics to Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, and Tedy Bruschi. Bruschi liked to respond by sliding in the snow.

Maybe he freezes up when he plays the Manning's late in the playoffs or the Super Bowl. Whatever the reason, both Manning's have had enough success against him in crunch time you cannot just automatically declare Brady the winner if the temp dropped. I don't see how that could possible make Denver's defense worse, which was in his business all dang day. Temp wouldn't have changed that...and aren't you the same guy who just said "All this talk about conspiracies, refs, holding, intentional grounding and what not is so asinine and only detracts from how great the game was" and now you're saying you just needed better (ie-worse) weather and you automatically know Denver would have lost? Perhaps Brady would have gotten beat up even worse with worse weather. Brady is lucky the weather was decent, favored him and his offense if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT