ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Payton

This one is a little weird. Don't abandon hope yet. He's been questionable for a long while. I'm pretty sure he's never visited Lincoln. He was complaining about the NCAA restriction on visits, and how it was affecting player's futures.

iu

Guy has a ton of upside but if he isn’t wanting to be here, more downside than upside. Need guys who desire to be here and will find ways to bring out the best in themselves and teammates.
Wish the young man well where he ends up unless he is lined up against the Huskers

Reactions: HominidHusker
Gotta get them W’s. W’s attract talent.

2021 class still has a lot to like, and we could add a couple more impact guys still.

Just need to get our talent healthy, developed and on the field.

Decommits. This one hurts.

I don't think we ever really had him to begin with so this one doesn't hurt in my book. Great pass rush prospect from a talent rich Miami school, but the chances of getting him to sign and getting him to stay were very slim. Especially after the clown show his former high school teammates put on up here-- those guys thought that Nebraska football was so bad that all they would have to do is show up and they would immediately start (workouts & meetings would be optional).

Will allow us to replace him with someone from the portal.
Yes! At this point, I think our best bet is to let the current players and commits who are not "N" get the hell out of here and replace them with high character transfers who have already proven themselves at some level. I think even a standout FCS player would help us a lot more than bringing in more "4 stars" who want to play for the Big Red without having to put in any work.

Interesting that he is going to FSU, a place that makes Nebraska's decline seem like a bed of roses. I didn't see this posted so here is the link on FSU falling off a cliff https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football
One takeaway from that article and from what we have all seen, Florida has lots of good players but loads of overrated players many of whom have a false sense of entitlement. I've long felt that about California as well.

Interesting that he is going to FSU, a place that makes Nebraska's decline seem like a bed of roses. I didn't see this posted so here is the link on FSU falling off a cliff https://www.espn.com/college-footba...hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football
One takeaway from that article and from what we have all seen, Florida has lots of good players but loads of overrated players many of whom have a false sense of entitlement. I've long felt that about California as well.

Everybody recruits Florida, even lesser programs like Louisville has made their foot print in Florida. So while there is talent, everybody recruits there. The high school scene is different in Florida, specially in Miami. The norm there is for kids to transfer 2-3 times during their high school careers. So kids are perfectly fine leaving for another program once they are in college.

We have 3 remaining Florida players on our roster and I believe they love Lincoln. Like Scott said, The staff just needs to do their due diligence if the kid is the right type of kid that would do well in Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT