ADVERTISEMENT

Passing Game players involved

Oct 12, 2016
How in the hell is it possible for none of these guys earning playing time over our slow walk on WRs?

Andre Hunt
Dominick Watt
Miles Jones - Probably should have seen time
Katerian LeGrone - Rape
Demariyon Houston - No Idea
Darien Chase
Chris Hickman - Has been out there
Jamie Nance
Alante Brown - Seeing time
Marcus Fleming - Not a fit
Omar Manning - Issues
Will Nixon - Hurt
Oliver Martin - Playing once he got cleared

How is it possible that not one of these guys can function as a down field passing threat?

Patrick O'Brien
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Luke McCaffrey
Vedral
Smothers

Reactions: Anegada1
How in the hell is it possible for none of these guys earning playing time over our slow walk on WRs?

Andre Hunt
Dominick Watt
Miles Jones
Katerian LeGrone
Demariyon Houston
Darien Chase
Chris Hickman
Jamie Nance
Alante Brown
Marcus Fleming
Omar Manning
Will Nixon
Oliver Martin

How is it possible that not one of these guys can function as a down field passing threat?

Patrick O'Brien
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Luke McCaffrey
Vedral
Smothers

So what are you going to say when some of these young/new players learn the offense, mature and turn into stars?

Last edited:
So what are you going to say when some of these young/new players learn the offense, mature and turn into stars?
It's about freaking time! However, if they aren't now, I doubt they ever will. How bad do you have to be to not beat out our walkons?

Takes some players 2-3 years. Heck sometimes they don't even do well until their Seniors. People learn and mature at different speeds.
I'm just glad we have the walkon's to roll out there.

The receiving corps has been a disappointment, but that's due in part to erratic QB and offensive line play, and strange play selection.

It's almost like Nebraska is just a bad football team.

Reactions: CatColumbia
It's about freaking time! However, if they aren't now, I doubt they ever will. How bad do you have to be to not beat out our walkons?
The coaches need to change the Dog House Rules. The no block no rock crap has to go. Is my personal opinion, but I feel that catching the ball is a hell of a lot more important than blocking at the WR position. They need to have multiple factors on top of blocking that get you on the field!

Route Running
Speed
Ability to Catch
Size
Leadership
Relationships w/ teammates
Timing w/ Quarterback
Eye test
Blocking
How much time and effort was invested in the player before joining the team.

To many other factors matter here, to just keep putting walk ins on the field because they have a better attitude. It's a freaking joke!

Andre Hunt
Dominick Watt
Miles Jones
Katerian LeGrone
Demariyon Houston
Darien Chase
Chris Hickman
Jamie Nance
Alante Brown
Marcus Fleming
Omar Manning
Will Nixon
Oliver Martin

Patrick O'Brien
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Luke McCaffrey
Vedral
Smothers

Yeah I get the point— it’s called a giant whiff on recruiting and development so far... and some bad luck to boot.
The coaches need to change the Dog House Rules. The no block no rock crap has to go. Is my personal opinion, but I feel that catching the ball is a hell of a lot more important than blocking at the WR position. They need to have multiple factors on top of blocking that get you on the field!

Route Running
Speed
Ability to Catch
Size
Leadership
Relationships w/ teammates
Timing w/ Quarterback
Eye test
Blocking
How much time and effort was invested in the player before joining the team.

To many other factors matter here, to just keep putting walk ins on the field because they have a better attitude. It's a freaking joke!

I wouldn’t downplay the importance of blocking, but agree coaches should be making a full assessment like you say and publicly stating so.

It’s also the coaches job to get his players ready. period.

If a team wants to consistently win in the B1G, it has to run the damn ball. Receivers that competently block are critical. Worry less about receivers and more about RBs.

If a team wants to consistently win in the B1G, it has to run the damn ball. Receivers that competently block are critical. Worry less about receivers and more about RBs.
Yeah, say that to the 150 quarterbacks that have more touchdown passes than our 3rd year starter! Our running backs can't run because the defense doesn't have to worry a damn thing about our wide receivers

Andre Hunt
Dominick Watt
Miles Jones
Katerian LeGrone
Demariyon Houston
Darien Chase
Chris Hickman
Jamie Nance
Alante Brown
Marcus Fleming
Omar Manning
Will Nixon
Oliver Martin

Patrick O'Brien
Tristan Gebbia
Adrian Martinez
Luke McCaffrey
Vedral
Smothers
why don't you ask Betts and Robinson what their secret is?

Oliver Martin and Xavier Betts are brand new on campus and playing more and more minutes. Big fast highly recruited guys who could probably play for the majority of B!G teams. Put them with Wandale and you've got a pretty good top 3 guys.

ADVERTISEMENT