ADVERTISEMENT

Pass rush/Edge rushers

Attacking doesn't mean blitzing. You remember a guy named Cosgrove? He was what you would like, a blitzing machine. It looks good for a while until the other team guesses or figures it out and you are burned big time. Where do you think all the big plays came from last year? More is not always better.

I remember Cosgrove blitzing the hell out of Texas one year down in Austin and it worked...for about 3 quarters and then Texas took advantage in the 4th..

Should we consult Bo? Maybe we should have a 3-2-5 like Iowa St? That seems like it would be very effective in the B1G.

The Hawkeyes are moving to a full 3-2-5 this season.
They are moving to a 4-2-5 which just means they'll use their Nickel package most of the time.

I'm sure you both know the difference, I just keep seeing people poke fun at your comment and didn't want the thread to get off track.

Reactions: red scowl
They are moving to a 4-2-5 which just means they'll use their Nickel package most of the time.

I'm sure you both know the difference, I just keep seeing people poke fun at your comment and didn't want the thread to get off track.

Iowa St is a 3-3-5, Iowa is a 4-2-5. I know, my bad. *sigh*

I hope Nebraska runs a 4-3 alot in B1G play. I don't think they will though.

Hope not, playing 10 on 11 isn't a good idea ;)

Hey, congratulations on your grasp of the obvious. I will be more careful in my future posts. I understand the lowest bar thing, and I need to keep it simple.o_O:cool:

Yeah I basically c/p'ed what was in the post without my brain yelling at me.... that said it is Iowa and they aren't exactly known for being geniuses so I wouldn't put it past em.

I mean have you seen their alternate uniforms this year?

ADVERTISEMENT