ADVERTISEMENT

Party’s over fellas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to take a lot of sarcastic shots at our coaching staff for someone who portends to be a Husker fan.
Sorry you feel that way......but the fact remains that is Nebraska is paying someone a lot of money to have a worse 3-year record that the previous guy that 1) they fired, and 2) was cheaper.

Fair enough. But for the record, other posters have provided evidence to support that they are indeed, husker fans. If I have time I’ll dig up the offending posts. Then you can defend them. Deal?
Sure....but first.....

Are you the final arbiter of what is proper evidence of being a Husker fan? If so, then congrats.....who gave you that job?

Sure....but first.....

Are you the final arbiter of what is proper evidence of being a Husker fan? If so, then congrats.....who gave you that job?
Yep, that’s me. Someone’s gotta do it. So if you don’t want to be labeled, treat me well.

Not going to convince you of anything. You made the accusation, therefore, it's on you to prove it.

It would be like if I said "Timnsun loves sheep", and telling you to prove to me that you don't.
Listen up you smart***, keep to your Iowa board and stop muttling up this board. I don’t mess around.

"“You know how I feel about stats. Stats are for losers. Final scores are for winners.”-- Bill Belichick

And I don't even like him, Brady, or the Pats....but can you argue?

But, since you're into stats....in 9 games since Nebraska joined the B1G, average score between Wisconsin and Nebraska:

Wisconsin- 40.6
Nebraska- 22.4

Not exactly close...and no, I don't care who out gains who.

I understand that none of us like Wisconsin, but we need to cut the crap.
Average score on post to me, you're ofer.
Stats arent average when made specific, nice try ofer

Did you know, iowa had three guys that didnt sign? What are they to do, they offered no one else?
Why did we gain 75 yds over our average against wiscy on offense? Why did wiscys defense give up more than 190 more yards than their average? Yet someone says we got stomped?
Better check our your plan B iowa, if you have any.

@Nebraska_Reality, here is what I have found... it’s not so much that you are a fan of another program... it’s that you defend other programs every chance you get. More than that, I didn’t see a single post where you had even a remotely positive thing to say about the huskers. Not one. And I looked at them all. I will share examples, but I don’t know how to pull them from other threads. I’m not that smart. You’ll just have to trust me that these are your posts.

[I don't know what their kicker does.....but the Husker's kicker ran down the field after hitting a game winner at Penn State "shushing" the crowd a few years back.]

[At least they are going to a bowl in which to get blown out.....more than we can say.]

[I hate to say this, but Pat Smith did run down the field "shushing" the Penn State crowd after hitting the OT game-winning FG in 2013. Our team isn't innocent in that department.]

In the above posts you are defending Iowa.

[2 of my best friends are CU fans, so I don't appreciate their entire fan base labeled....just like we wouldn't like our entire fan base labeled because of the idiots within it (and yes, we have idiots among the Husker fan base). I'd take a few Husker fans lighting a bonfire in the middle of O Street any day over "Sal is Dead--Go Big Red".]

[However, I do have a quick question.....is being a fan of another team automatic grounds for banning? I ask, because I have a friend (yes...a real whole other person...I'm not using his name) that was banned from here on a couple of occasions. He occasionally argued and disagreed, but he never talked trash, bragged, insulted, or cursed at anyone (and was even appreciated by a few Husker fans), and there are fellow Husker fans on here with far worse behavior than my friend ever displayed that are still allowed to post.

Just wondering.....]

In the above posts you are defending other team’s fans.

[Minnesota has more NCs than Nebraska, and leads the series still by 8 games, despite Nebraska rattling off 19 wins in a row (or whatever it is) at one point. So, is Minnesota a blueblood?

Nebraska hasn't done anything worthy of being a blueblood in 20 years. Hell....that CU program we all think is dogs#!+ has won and played for conference titles more recently than Nebraska (2001, 2016).]

[Agree with whoever you want.....but an "expert" on the weeks games, and his opinion on who is and isn't a blueblood isn't any more valid than yours or mine.....]

The above posts reflect your adamant thoughts that Nebraska is not a blue blood, despite other fan bases, National pundits, polls and publications that suggest otherwise.

You’ve recently joined the board, defend other teams and fan bases, crap on the huskers when you aren’t defending the other teams and fan bases... if you are indeed a husker fan, you are the worst one I’ve ever seen.

Sorry you feel that way......but the fact remains that is Nebraska is paying someone a lot of money to have a worse 3-year record that the previous guy that 1) they fired, and 2) was cheaper.
So you wanted to keep Riley after that last season? Well alrighty then......I guess we know which side your bread is buttered on.

So you wanted to keep Riley after that last season? Well alrighty then......I guess we know which side your bread is buttered on.
Actually, what I'm saying is that I don't think that a coach with a worse 3 year record than the guy he replaced should be making substantially more money than the guy he replaced.

I did enjoy your attempt at building a straw man, though.

Reactions: Bruce1981
Actually, what I'm saying is that I don't think that a coach with a worse 3 year record than the guy he replaced should be making substantially more money than the guy he replaced.

Ahhh... the old "straw man" comment. Let's see, who was the recycled troll that always used that line? Well obviously nobody cares what you think. You pay what the market requires you pay. I was a Riley supporter up until almost the bitter end. Riley was paid plenty. I was a little surprised at the money we gave him BUT that's what the market was demanding and everybody was on board. You don't have any skin in the pot so you shouldn't give a damn how much we pay him.

@Nebraska_Reality, here is what I have found... it’s not so much that you are a fan of another program... it’s that you defend other programs every chance you get. More than that, I didn’t see a single post where you had even a remotely positive thing to say about the huskers. Not one. And I looked at them all. I will share examples, but I don’t know how to pull them from other threads. I’m not that smart. You’ll just have to trust me that these are your posts.

[I don't know what their kicker does.....but the Husker's kicker ran down the field after hitting a game winner at Penn State "shushing" the crowd a few years back.]

[At least they are going to a bowl in which to get blown out.....more than we can say.]

[I hate to say this, but Pat Smith did run down the field "shushing" the Penn State crowd after hitting the OT game-winning FG in 2013. Our team isn't innocent in that department.]

In the above posts you are defending Iowa.

[2 of my best friends are CU fans, so I don't appreciate their entire fan base labeled....just like we wouldn't like our entire fan base labeled because of the idiots within it (and yes, we have idiots among the Husker fan base). I'd take a few Husker fans lighting a bonfire in the middle of O Street any day over "Sal is Dead--Go Big Red".]

[However, I do have a quick question.....is being a fan of another team automatic grounds for banning? I ask, because I have a friend (yes...a real whole other person...I'm not using his name) that was banned from here on a couple of occasions. He occasionally argued and disagreed, but he never talked trash, bragged, insulted, or cursed at anyone (and was even appreciated by a few Husker fans), and there are fellow Husker fans on here with far worse behavior than my friend ever displayed that are still allowed to post.

Just wondering.....]

In the above posts you are defending other team’s fans.

[Minnesota has more NCs than Nebraska, and leads the series still by 8 games, despite Nebraska rattling off 19 wins in a row (or whatever it is) at one point. So, is Minnesota a blueblood?

Nebraska hasn't done anything worthy of being a blueblood in 20 years. Hell....that CU program we all think is dogs#!+ has won and played for conference titles more recently than Nebraska (2001, 2016).]

[Agree with whoever you want.....but an "expert" on the weeks games, and his opinion on who is and isn't a blueblood isn't any more valid than yours or mine.....]

The above posts reflect your adamant thoughts that Nebraska is not a blue blood, despite other fan bases, National pundits, polls and publications that suggest otherwise.

You’ve recently joined the board, defend other teams and fan bases, crap on the huskers when you aren’t defending the other teams and fan bases... if you are indeed a husker fan, you are the worst one I’ve ever seen.
Wrong.....

1) I was pointing out the hypocrisy of many of our fan base. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over Iowa's kicker doing something that Nebraska's kickers have done.

2) Regarding the CU fan....I was defending a friend of over 25 years that happens to be a CU fan, not CU fans in general. If you don't get the concept of loyalty to a friend over loyalty to a bunch of people you don't know on an internet message board, then it must suck to be one of your friends.

3) I look at things through a "what have you done lately" lens. And, regarding CU's most recent conference title and most recent playing for one, I didn't realize that pointing out a fact, as unpleasant as it is, was such a terrible thing. No wonder our country is in the shape it is.

Ahhh... the old "straw man" comment. Let's see, who was the recycled troll that always used that line? Well obviously nobody cares what you think. You pay what the market requires you pay. I was a Riley supporter up until almost the bitter end. Riley was paid plenty. I was a little surprised at the money we gave him BUT that's what the market was demanding and everybody was on board. You don't have any skin in the pot so you shouldn't give a damn how much we pay him.
You don't have any skin in the pot, either...or the Husker football program in general....so why are you getting so bent out of shape?

You don't have any skin in the pot, either...or the Husker football program in general....so why are you getting so bent out of shape?
Ahh. You're wrong about that. I donate to the University Foundation on an annual basis. I also pay for season tickets which unfortunately I'm not usually able to use. I actually donated cash to help pay for Pelini's buyout.

Reactions: timnsun and OzzyLvr
You know I see this argument a lot from all the nay sayers.... and honestly I think it’s a load of BS... yes HCSF has a worse record then Riley at the three year mark... but have you ever stopped to consider that he has that record due to what Riley left behind? Now I’m sure you’ll argue about how Nebraska recruiting classes were great blah blah blah... but you’ll conviently leave out the fact that the kids that made those classes so “great” never stuck around... the fact is HCSF has had to rebuild this thing... and he is getting there it takes time to build the depth and get the proper strength and conditioning programs installed to where these kids can compete against the NFL ready juniors and seniors at the other schools

You know I see this argument a lot from all the nay sayers.... and honestly I think it’s a load of BS... yes HCSF has a worse record then Riley at the three year mark... but have you ever stopped to consider that he has that record due to what Riley left behind? Now I’m sure you’ll argue about how Nebraska recruiting classes were great blah blah blah... but you’ll conviently leave out the fact that the kids that made those classes so “great” never stuck around... the fact is HCSF has had to rebuild this thing... and he is getting there it takes time to build the depth and get the proper strength and conditioning programs installed to where these kids can compete against the NFL ready juniors and seniors at the other schools
It isn't even so much about what Riley left behind as it is about the fit of what Riley left behind and then the transition of systems. Riley had a returning starting QB who was mobile enough to cause problems for defenses and compensate for a weak O line. Frost came in and had to start from scratch at QB while installing a completely new system with QBs who had never taken a D1 snap. HUGE difference. We saw what happened to Riley after Tommy was gone.

Iowa fan trolling on a Husker board night and day worried about Husker fan's view of the program. LMAO.
In hindsight looking at his posting history, I'm not completely sure he's an Iowa fan. That said, he's no doubt a recycled poster who wants to start pissing matches. I'm just not sure which one he is....yet.

Maybe start off with Lee Iacoca, at a buck a year! He most likely couldnt coach a two man row team, but think of the money you'd save on your future hires?
How idiotic

Wrong.....

1) I was pointing out the hypocrisy of many of our fan base. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over Iowa's kicker doing something that Nebraska's kickers have done.

2) Regarding the CU fan....I was defending a friend of over 25 years that happens to be a CU fan, not CU fans in general. If you don't get the concept of loyalty to a friend over loyalty to a bunch of people you don't know on an internet message board, then it must suck to be one of your friends.

3) I look at things through a "what have you done lately" lens. And, regarding CU's most recent conference title and most recent playing for one, I didn't realize that pointing out a fact, as unpleasant as it is, was such a terrible thing. No wonder our country is in the shape it is.
And yet, the elephant in the room remains... not a single, solitary post in support of anything Nebraska football related. Not one. I read them all.

All the other examples could be explained away. The fact that you have never, not even once, posted anything supportive of the huskers is huge, and you conveniently ignored that in your response.

Did I build a straw man too?

In hindsight looking at his posting history, I'm not completely sure he's an Iowa fan. That said, he's no doubt a recycled poster who wants to start pissing matches. I'm just not sure which one he is....yet.
After digging, he could easily be a Colorado fan... grew up there, has friends of Colorado program, defended Colorado a bit (more than Nebraska, that’s for sure)... but not a husker fan. I’m sure of that.

After digging, he could easily be a Colorado fan... grew up there, has friends of Colorado program, defended Colorado a bit (more than Nebraska, that’s for sure)... but not a husker fan. I’m sure of that.

1) Lots of Husker fans in Colorado...some Colorado born, some not.

2) Oh no....I have a friend (25+ years) that's a CU fan. Are you telling me that you either don't or can't have friends that root for other teams? Pretty sad if it's the latter. I guess some of us just think that who a person roots for in college football really isn't that important as a character trait.

3) CU winning and playing for conference championships more recently is a fact. Pointing it out isn't defending anything.

4) Kind of sad that you'd actually spend time digging up the posts of some dude you don't know on an internet message board. Not quite as pathetic as the guy claiming to bench over 400 lbs, and telling me to be careful....but pretty pathetic nonetheless.

And yet, the elephant in the room remains... not a single, solitary post in support of anything Nebraska football related. Not one. I read them all.

All the other examples could be explained away. The fact that you have never, not even once, posted anything supportive of the huskers is huge, and you conveniently ignored that in your response.

Did I build a straw man too?
"I read them all."

Good for you.

We have a winner, folks! @Nebraska_Reality is both a troll and a douche! Can’t even provide a single supportive post of the program. Time to put him on ignore... he has nothing of merit to provide.

1) Lots of Husker fans in Colorado...some Colorado born, some not.

2) Oh no....I have a friend (25+ years) that's a CU fan. Are you telling me that you either don't or can't have friends that root for other teams? Pretty sad if it's the latter. I guess some of us just think that who a person roots for in college football really isn't that important as a character trait.

3) CU winning and playing for conference championships more recently is a fact. Pointing it out isn't defending anything.

4) Kind of sad that you'd actually spend time digging up the posts of some dude you don't know on an internet message board. Not quite as pathetic as the guy claiming to bench over 400 lbs, and telling me to be careful....but pretty pathetic nonetheless.
To your point #4... it’s kind of sad that you actually spend time on this board claiming to be something you’re not. I spent 45 minutes doing a little digging. You’ve spent nearly 2 months pretending.

What’s more sad?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT