ADVERTISEMENT

Party’s over fellas....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly they are able to recruit players. I didn’t literally mean that they should have zero recruits, that would be insane. There are plenty of other coaches I like, but I simply find Chryst to be off putting. If you like him, good for you.
He's a jagov

Reactions: K_Y_E
Because he played at nebraska. You knew him.
If you were an OSU or wisky fan, you would think he’s a douche for the things he says and his cockiness. What does chryst say thats so douchy? Is he not supposed to want to win? Is he supposed to like NU more than wisky?
I have zero problem with you thinking chryst is a douche, go ahead. But that doesnt change what my post says. The main reason you think he’s a douche is because he coaches at wisconsin and you dont know him.
I think fleck is a douch, but I also know he does a good job and if he was winning at nebraska I probably wouldn't think so.

super weird - telling someone else, with supreme confidence, why they think the way the do.

Meh, yea I’ll put more stock in it now that wiltfong switched his, but I wouldn’t say that our only hope is for him to want to keep it suspenseful.... again I’d love to have him N but one player will not make or break our whole class, we have a very solid group of backers lined up right now... I think we will be alright... heck the last few days was one heck of a wave we were riding... and who knows what can happen tomorrow... all and all I think we have a great class that I’m excited for, I hope we pull in a few of the ones on our board that are picking tomorrow... GBR

I think he was a Wisconsin lean all along. He flirted with the idea of signing in February to see if a LSU offer would come his way, but apparently he's decided to sign tomorrow and it didn't go our way. I doubt that he was a NU silent commit at any point, but I could be wrong. Adding Cooper gave us a third edge rusher in this class. I think the CB predictions were wrong.

Last edited:
Rumor going around that things turned on Frost visit with him. Coach didnt like being strung along and then another high profile guy jumped on board that they didnt expect and took his spot. Not sure if accurate or not.

Reactions: TheBeav815
He also switched his, as did our writers. It's either over or KJ wants it to be suspenseful, that's literally the only hope now.

I think he was a Wisconsin lean all along. He flirted with the idea of signing in February to see if a LSU offer would come his way, but apparently he's decided to sign tomorrow and it didn't go our way. I doubt that he was a NU silent commit at any point, but I could be wrong.
I’d hope he wasn’t a silent commit and then switches/ switched his mind in the 11th hour... say what you will or want about him being a young kid, but any kid who switches at the 11th hour shows he is not a player that plays for the name on the front, he plays for the name on the back of the jersey... now I AM NOT saying that’s what happened here I’m just saying if that’s what happened then he that speaks to his character and character issues have been our issue the past few years.... again from a talent perspective I’d love to see this kid be N so that’s not what I’m saying and I’m not directing this directly towards him... I’m directing it towards any kid that flips last minute like that... I’d hope if any kid did that, that they’d call the staff they are Decommitting from and letting them know they are doing it, and why... if any of my boys ever get in a position like this where they committed some where and then wanted to switch last minute, I’d support them as long as they were man enough to call the staff they were de committing from and letting them know first hand, and why... that’s the least any kid in that position can do.... rant over sorry... oh and dean pope don’t take offense to this I wasn’t ranting or raging towards you you just happened to be the one that happens to mention him possibly being a silent commit

Kaden Johnson would have been the icing on the cake but it doesn’t look like it will happen. But let’s not forget, we didn’t exactly come up empty handed at LB this class. And who knows, maybe there is another one we can still away in the late signing day. We look to be landing 4 star WR Marcus Fleming , have a good shot at Francois which is a 4 star DB and in on a few others like 4 star WR A Brown. We aren’t doing bad at all. We are currently ranked in the Top 17 in the country per Rivals...GBR

We're in for another linebacker recruiting battle with Wisconsin in 2021 for TJ Bollers. Sounds like Wisconsin and Nebraska are his top 2, with the Badgers a slight favorite for now.

However, if Johnson signs with them, that gives them 4 outside linebackers in their 2020 class. We might be able to sell Bollers on earlier playing time. In the long run, I think Bollers will be a better prospect than Johnson.

Kaden Johnson would have been the icing on the cake but it doesn’t look like it will happen. But let’s not forget, we didn’t exactly come up empty handed at LB this class. And who knows, maybe there is another one we can still away in the late signing day. We look to be landing 4 star WR Marcus Fleming , have a good shot at Francois which is a 4 star DB and in on a few others like 4 star WR A Brown. We aren’t doing bad at all. We are currently ranked in the Top 17 in the country per Rivals...GBR

What about Mauga and Aho?

We're in for another linebacker recruiting battle with Wisconsin in 2021 for TJ Bollers. Sounds like Wisconsin and Nebraska are his top 2, with the Badgers a slight favorite for now.

However, if Johnson signs with them, that gives them 4 outside linebackers in their 2020 class. We might be able to sell Bollers on earlier playing time. In the long run, I think Bollers will be a better prospect than Johnson.

news to me, I know we are in on TJ Bollers but I never heard a thing about Wisconsin having the edge. At the moment I’d give the Huskers the edge.

Reactions: headcard

I think we lead for Bollers, by a lot.

I think we lead for Bollers, by a lot.

Hope so. His most recent crystal ball is for Wisconsin, from the Wisconsin insider who has a pretty good track record with his Wisconsin predictions. He wants to major in engineering, so academics are important to him. A Stanford offer might complicate things even more.

Hope so. His most recent crystal ball is for Wisconsin, from the Wisconsin insider who has a pretty good track record with his Wisconsin predictions. He wants to major in engineering, so academics are important to him. A Stanford offer might complicate things even more.
Wasn’t Suh and engineering major? They should bump into each other.

Rumor going around that things turned on Frost visit with him. Coach didnt like being strung along and then another high profile guy jumped on board that they didnt expect and took his spot. Not sure if accurate or not.
Sounds like Wandale last year, except Held doesn’t have time to fix it this time.

Let’s just say that if KJ doesn’t sign here that it wasn’t his choice.
You could just tell us?
But Im guessing the staff said no room? Very interesting. The influx of LBs the past few days may have taken all slotted spots, but most thought we would still have room for him.
Must be a musical chairs deal. He’s the last to try to sit down.

Do tell...
Rumblings are that it's exactly what was posted above. Kid wasn't wanting to really commit and the staff wasn't wanting to really wait. I don't think he liked not being the Belle of the ball any more with the fresh LB commits that NU had.

My read is they told him they would take him but they weren't waiting any longer. Don't think it went over well. Or possibly even they told him he overplayed his hand and they were done. But that's my fourth-hand account.

IMO good for Frost for not being in position to get jilted or miss on another kid while KJ waits on whatever he is waiting on. You want 4* kids but you can't let them hold spots hostage. This class needs LBs too badly to have to sign some Plan D kid because we waited til February for this guy.

Rumblings are that it's exactly what was posted above. Kid wasn't wanting to really commit and the staff wasn't wanting to really wait. I don't think he liked not being the Belle of the ball any more with the fresh LB commits that NU had.

My read is they told him they would take him but they weren't waiting any longer. Don't think it went over well. Or possibly even they told him he overplayed his hand and they were done. But that's my fourth-hand account.

IMO good for Frost for not being in position to get jilted or miss on another kid while KJ waits on whatever he is waiting on. You want 4* kids but you can't let them hold spots hostage. This class needs LBs too badly to have to sign some Plan D kid because we waited til February for this guy.
tenor.gif

Couldn’t wait a couple more days? I wonder if we are trying to smooth it over and get him back in or if we are done with it?

If Johnson is as good as people on here were saying, why not wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT