ADVERTISEMENT

Parity

drubendall

Assistant Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
I'd say the difference in talent between the teams that average recruiting classes between 20 and 50 is negligible. There is no real advantage to be had with regard to weight training and nutrition. All of the schools have it. Some teams will stumble upon an underrated but elite talent at QB or RB, but you can't hang your hat on hitting the lottery occasionally. So how do you elevate to the upper tier?

It has to be player evaluation, mental toughness, development and identity.

Talent has been upgraded, but having the right preparation, game plan and ability to adjust to counter your opponents strengths and tendencies is severely lacking. I am not optimistic.

I'd say the difference in talent between the teams that average recruiting classes between 20 and 50 is negligible. There is no real advantage to be had with regard to weight training and nutrition. All of the schools have it. Some teams will stumble upon an underrated but elite talent at QB or RB, but you can't hang your hat on hitting the lottery occasionally. So how do you elevate to the upper tier?

Talent has been upgraded, but having the right preparation, game plan and ability to adjust to counter your opponents strengths and tendencies is severely lacking. I am not optimistic.
give it time. Frost is recruiting best in the division. that will slowly start to show over a few more classes. The OL will be among the leagues best in 2 years. not sure what has attracted OLs to Frost but they seem to like him.

Minnesota had multiple NFL draft picks on their team and their QB played much better than anyone expected.

Having players in the top rounds of the NFL is the #1 way to get top talent in your program year in and year out. Four and five stars want a launching pad to the big leagues. Admittedly, it is a bit of a chicken/egg type problem.

Or you can take the Tom Osborne approach and convince their moms that you'll take care of their kids.

That's why you need coaching, and it doesn't seem like we have a lot of it right now.

Minnesota had multiple NFL draft picks on their team and their QB played much better than anyone expected.

While the league had 17 selections taken through the first three rounds, there were 31 players from the conference who heard their names called on Saturday. Ohio State and Michigan led the way with 10 picks each, while Penn State, Minnesota and Iowa each had five.

Michigan beat Minnesota 10 to 5 in draft choices, but still won in Minneapolis to kickoff season.

Iowa and Minnesota weren't close on the field, but both had an equal number of NFL draft choices.

True, Minnesota has an historic modern season last year, despite loss at Iowa and to close out Big Ten against Wisconsin.

Nice wins against lllinois and Purdue in 2020.

Very accurate!!! I’d argue the top 15 on down. Parity hurt Neb more than any school in the country. A top 20 team could peak near the top 10 but that’s it. A top 20 team could also be Neb and get beat by Illinois. The top 5 school are so far ahead it’s not even close. And not changing for years.

ADVERTISEMENT