ADVERTISEMENT

Parameters for firing

Huskerz99

Junior
Oct 27, 2019
Remember in 2007 when Steve Pederson Was fired and TO became AD. Nebraska had a 4-4 record with 4 games to go. TO told Callahan that if they won all 4 games he would keep his job. If they won 3 out of 4 they might keep their job. If they went 6-6 he would be fired. Obviously that team went 5-7 and Callahan was fired with a 27-22 record after 4 years.
Do you think Bill Moos has laid out parameters for Frost this year? I just wonder since Moos mentioned publicly we should compete for the division this year and seems like there is a sense of urgency by the coaches to win now as something might be up. I just don’t think year 5 Is guaranteed despite what Moos said about judging after year 5.

Remember in 2007 when Steve Pederson Was fired and TO became AD. Nebraska had a 4-4 record with 4 games to go. TO told Callahan that if they won all 4 games he would keep his job. If they won 3 out of 4 they might keep their job. If they went 6-6 he would be fired. Obviously that team went 5-7 and Callahan was fired with a 27-22 record after 4 years.
Do you think Bill Moos has laid out parameters for Frost this year? I just wonder since Moos mentioned publicly we should compete for the division this year and seems like there is a sense of urgency by the coaches to win now as something might be up. I just don’t think year 5 Is guaranteed despite what Moos said about judging after year 5.
Go Away Troll!

Tom Osborne on 2 nonwinning seasons in 4 years

"If it's two out of four, " Osborne told them, "it's going to be pretty tough, because now you're breaking even (6-6) and we haven't had many break-even seasons around here. And I said if we have a losing season, I don't think there's any way that this will work."

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Don’t sleep with boosters or their wives
4-1.gif.cf.gif

If a large portion of black former players allege racism in the program, and then if an outside investigation confirms those problems, then the head coach should be fired immediately, as well as the coach's son and others involved. And make sure there are no million-dollar parachutes for the guilty parties.

On edit: This is purely hypothetical, of course.

Last edited:

"If it's two out of four, " Osborne told them, "it's going to be pretty tough, because now you're breaking even (6-6) and we haven't had many break-even seasons around here. And I said if we have a losing season, I don't think there's any way that this will work."

Same person and 2 different user names...

Get Help like dinglefritz suggest.

Context matters, just so you know... when Osborne said that we were only 7 years removed from a national championship. We had played for the conference championship as well a year prior...

Fast forward to today and see that frost inherited a team with 2 out of 3 losing seasons before his arrival. Yes, the bar is lower at the moment... yes, Frost’s 3 losing seasons is bitterly disappointing. Absolutely, the fact this his last name is Frost has something to do with the patience, both from the administration and the fans.

He will get more time than Joe Blow with no affiliation to Nebraska. Why does that surprise you so much that you post this same line in every thread?

See my post to jlbtroll above.

Context matters, just so you know... when Osborne said that we were only 7 years removed from a national championship. We had played for the conference championship as well a year prior...

Fast forward to today and see that frost inherited a team with 2 out of 3 losing seasons before his arrival. Yes, the bar is lower at the moment... yes, Frost’s 3 losing seasons is bitterly disappointing. Absolutely, the fact this his last name is Frost has something to do with the patience, both from the administration and the fans.

He will get more time than Joe Blow with not affiliation to Nebraska. Why does that surprise you so much that you post this same line in every thread?
Save your breath. Arguing with mentally ill people never goes well.

obviously covid changes everything but I think in a normal situation noticeable empty seats in the stadium would be hard to argue against. Sell out or not if some people just choose not to go to the games.

obviously covid changes everything but I think in a normal situation noticeable empty seats in the stadium would be hard to argue against. Sell out or not if some people just choose not to go to the games.
He has one more free pass. 2022 will be the deciding season.

Parameters are simple. Actually they are the same for you posting.

Do better.

Reactions: headcard
That's funny

it has been 60 years since Neb tolerated even back to back losing seasons let alone back to back to back

most of the players parents weren’t even alive the last time Neb had 2 losing seasons in a row

how’s that for context

it has been 60 years since Neb tolerated even back to back losing seasons let alone back to back to back

most of the players parents weren’t even alive the last time Neb had 2 losing seasons in a row

how’s that for context

Welcome back Huskerz99 How many losing seasons did your team have ?

Must be done with bed pans..:cool:

Iowa sucks.

Giant hairy donkey balls.

If a large portion of black former players allege racism in the program, and then if an outside investigation confirms those problems, then the head coach should be fired immediately, as well as the coach's son and others involved. And make sure there are no million-dollar parachutes for the guilty parties.

On edit: This is purely hypothetical, of course.
Rent free.

Reactions: 9and4
Again, no matter how we do the next 3 years (2021, 2022 & 2023), I just don’t see us firing Frost until at least after the 2023 season given his buyout and the current financial standing of everything. 3 more years would leave a $10MM buyout after the 2023 season and my guess would be that’s the max we would do. I’ll probably be wrong but that’s my guess.

Reactions: LBremser
Rent free.
Touché. And you're right. My office at the University of Iowa is rent free.

On edit: When I moved into my house in Iowa City, I had to scrape off Tiger Hawks from too many damn windows. Now my wife's new office is going to require the same sort of effort. It's endless, but not nearly as annoying as "Boomer Sooner." That. F***ing. Song.

Last edited:
Again, no matter how we do the next 3 years (2021, 2022 & 2023), I just don’t see us firing Frost until at least after the 2023 season given his buyout and the current financial standing of everything. 3 more years would leave a $10MM buyout after the 2023 season and my guess would be that’s the max we would do. I’ll probably be wrong but that’s my guess.
IF he has five losing seasons in a row, I don't see how they could keep him. It would be too hard to recruit with that kind of record.

Last edited:
IF he has five losing seasons in a row, I don't see how they could keep him. It would be hard to recruit with that kind of record.
He should be gone next year with a losing season. He is on the hot seat this year. Especially if we finish 3rd or worse In the west. And it’s sad saying that is trolling

how’s that for context
Now how did I know you would cherry pick my post and ignore the part where I pointed out that because he is frost and a former Nebraska championship player, he would automatically get more time... again, why are you surprised by this?

Maybe try to answer my question this time...

Now how did I know you would cherry pick my post and ignore the part where I pointed out that because he is frost and a former Nebraska championship player, he would automatically get more time... again, why are you surprised by this?

Maybe try to answer my question this time...
Why does he get more time? He chose Stanford over us. He hurt Lawrence Phillips and made him have that incident. He wrote a public letter bashing Bill Callahan. He ran off many of our good players throughout his time here. He is overly paid and allowed hundreds of employees in husker athletics to be fired.

yes he has done some good things but do we put him on a pedestal too high?

Why does he get more time? He chose Stanford over us. He hurt Lawrence Phillips and made him have that incident. He wrote a public letter bashing Bill Callahan. He ran off many of our good players throughout his time here. He is overly paid and allowed hundreds of employees in husker athletics to be fired.

yes he has done some good things but do we put him on a pedestal too high?
Hello, are you watching what’s happening? 3 losing seasons in 3 years? And he isn’t on the hot seat yet (despite your deepest desires). I don’t have to explain it when you can see it with your own eyes. I suggest you use them.

Reactions: bshirt73
Hello, are you watching what’s happening? 3 losing seasons in 3 years? And he isn’t on the hot seat yet (despite your deepest desires). I don’t have to explain it when you can see it with your own eyes. I suggest you use them.
I disagree. He is on the hot seat. And I hope he figures it out I don’t wish we lose. But he does need to take the criticism. He has earned nothing close to 15 million and I think he should have saved those hundred employees with his salary alone. Not one person thinks he has earned it. We all have given him a bad grade for running this program even the most positive people. I will guarantee he is fired if we have a losing season next year. I will guarantee he is fired after year 5 if the best is 7-5. 8-4 most Lillie keeps him around but like TO said 8-4 isn’t good enough.

I disagree. He is on the hot seat. And I hope he figures it out I don’t wish we lose. But he does need to take the criticism. He has earned nothing close to 15 million and I think he should have saved those hundred employees with his salary alone. Not one person thinks he has earned it. We all have given him a bad grade for running this program even the most positive people. I will guarantee he is fired if we have a losing season next year. I will guarantee he is fired after year 5 if the best is 7-5. 8-4 most Lillie keeps him around but like TO said 8-4 isn’t good enough.
I never said he is above criticism, I am just telling you why he isn’t fired yet. He’s a former national champion winning QB from Nebraska. He will get more time than anyone else ever would. Why is that so hard for you and jlb to understand?

Reactions: bshirt73

How many accts do you have?

I never said he is above criticism, I am just telling you why he isn’t fired yet. He’s a former national champion winning QB from Nebraska. He will get more time than anyone else ever would. Why is that so hard for you and jlb to understand?
Yes. Clearly he is given more time because anyone else would have been fired by now. 3 losing seasons in 3 Years so never would that fly. So again, what are the parameters to fire him? 4 losing seasons in 4 years?

Yes. Clearly he is given more time because anyone else would have been fired by now. 3 losing seasons in 3 Years so never would that fly. So again, what are the parameters to fire him? 4 losing seasons in 4 years?
I don’t know. I just know he has more time to figure it out and turn things around than most would be.

Nebraska 2007 and today are not in the same stratosphere. The program today is a shell of what is was in 2007, and 2007 was a shell of what any TO team was. We are Iowa State (pre McCarney) and Kansas football bad right now.

We are stuck with Scottie - for better or worse. Have to give the coaching consistency a try - as the carousel has failed. Elementary steps like a winning season, a bowl game, a team playing disciplined need to be achieved before we discuss Jr High, then High School, and finally College football expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT